Neophytos, otherwise known as Neo, is wise beyond his appearance. He appears to be a careless, apathetic person once you first meet him, but in reality, he is intelligent and brilliant. He is clever, quick-minded, and knowledgeable about a variety of topics. During his time when he isn't out and about, he is usually researching things in order to further boost his intelligence. He is also quite reserved and silent. He has a secretive way of speaking, as if he has an ulterior motive behind that detached tone of his. He is known to tease others he is fond of, although he avoids the people he disdains.
Oddly enough, he prefers his human looks rather than his crow form, as he feels as if he is less importance whenever he is in his avian physique. As such, it is a rare occurrence to see him transform into the dark sable-feathered bird he is sworn to protect by the gods. He can come off as arrogant or demanding at times, but he is regularly at least a little kind to those who only recently meet him. He dislikes demigods that act ignorantly, but he adores the children of Athena, as their mother is his creator.
As a corvine animal is generally thought of as avaricious, he does carry some greed in his heart, as he is obsessed with learning as much as possible. He is not corrupt, but he believes it to be a necessity to find as much information as needed as it is the correct way to improve one's wisdom. Because of this belief of his, he analyzes everything with great interest, as if he were a child of Hephaestus trying to figure out how something works. He can stare at an object or thing for a while as long as it does not bore him intensely. His way of acting is odd at the very least, but he ignores the attention he might gather as he continues what he thinks is right.
For years, the gods and goddesses have watched on while the humans developed through the years, as they advanced both personally and technologically. Lately one thing has become quite clear to them; humans have a habit of being very irresponsible when it comes to their environment and the animals that reside within that environment. They came to a decision, fearing for the safety and longevity of their sacred animals, they have decided to create a special group of nymphs to help protect their sacred animals.
These nymphs’ life forces are each attached to the animal they are a nymph of; if that animal becomes extinct, the nymph will die. The gods considered the fact that here are thousands of animals and creatures that roam the earth, but not wanting to over extend their powers, they have decided to only concern themselves with the animals that are sacred to them.
When they aren’t out in the world helping other nymphs and helping to protect their animals, they spend their time at camp.
All Animal Nymphs
- They have a telepathic/empathetic connection with nature and other nymphs. They also have a special, stronger connection with other animal nymphs.
- As they are nymphs they do not age, remaining eternally young.
- Their senses of smell, sight and hearing are enhanced, enabling them to sniff out monsters, track down demigods, etc.
- They are able to summon animals to aid them; they have the best control over their own animal type.
Specific to each Animal Type
- Each type of animal nymph has its life force attached to that species, so if a species were to go extinct the nymphs would die.
- Each nymph is able to change into the type of animal he/she is, and only that type. So the bear nymph could not turn into a mouse, but he/she could turn into a grizzly bear, black bear, polar bear, etc.
- While in animal form they have all the normal abilities of their animals. So if the nymph is a hawk nymph he/she can fly.
- While in regular nymph/person form, they only retain passive characteristics/traits from their animals. So if the nymph is a hawk nymph, perhaps he/she remains claustrophobic in enclosed spaces but cannot fly.
- Vary between species.
|Athena||Creator||Respects and adores her|
|Athena's children||Adores them|