Nicholas is a cold and calculating, he'll always try to figure out the best way to take you down either physically, mentally or emotionally.
Kane Davenport inherited everything after his father died. He had everything now, money, a business and a mansion! But something was missing ... love. The simple emotion that could be shared eluded him, until one night a woman appeared on the porch to his bedroom. She introduced herself as Katherine and her looks and voice were so charming that it made his heart skipped a beat! He was so longing for someone to love that they shared the night together, but that morning ... she vanished never to be seen again.
Nine months later Katherine (aka Nyx) was giving birth, but the baby boy that came was so unnatural, so deformed that she was disgusted by the very sight of him! She knew Kane wouldn't want him and she never wanted to see that face again. So she discarded him, threw him into the wild forests of the mortal world in hopes that he would die and no one would know she produced such a vile creature, but things didn't happen like she thought. A family of satyrs found him crying and despite his looks they took him in and raised him as one of their own. They named him Nicholas.
Nicholas had a pretty good and healthy life. He had learned to live off the land and his adoptive parents made sure to educate him about the skills of fighting. Whenever a monster came and threatened him they fought it together as a family. He learned from an early age about the Greek gods, but also found out that his whole family were spies for a group called the Broken Covenant and grew up hearing stories about how bad the gods actually were. In the end up he grew up hating them. Then one day his hate grew stronger, he was sixteen and they had just finished beating three hellhounds. When him and one of his adoptive brothers went away to gather some fire wood. When they were a distance away they heard a booming clap of thunder. They dropped what they were doing and rushed toward the camp, but when they were close his brother quickly pulled him aside and into some thick bushes. They were able to see out and what they saw stopped Nicholas' heart. The family were standing defiant in front of a towering figure of a man that oozed of power. He didn't need to be told that this man was a god! Nicholas wanted to rush him and kill him, but his brother caught his shoulder and said, "Don't! That's Ares god of war. He'll kill you within a matter of seconds."
"But what about the family?" I asked.
"They would want you safe. We need to get you to the Sanctuary. It's not safe anymore," His brother insisted. Nicholas cursed. It was no doubt that that was what his parents would want, but he couldn't just leave them. Then the most tragic thing happened. Ares attacked! Nicholas' was forced to watch in silent shock as the god killed every single one of his family. The people who took him in and raised him as one of his own despite his hideous face. Within a few minutes all the satyrs were dead and the ground was stained red with blood. They didn't stand a chance. "Quick! We need to go now!" his brother urged and knowing he couldn't do anything for his beloved family Nicholas agreed. They raced away, looking back every once in a while to see if the god was following them. They only had a few encounters with monsters, but Nicholas' was so angry that he attacked every one of them like they were his worst enemy. They finally reached the Sanctuary and Nicholas' anger towards the gods was stronger than ever.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to conjure weapon out of pure shadows which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. This can also be used for other non-combative objects, but within reason, something might be shaped like an iPod, but as shadows do not have any working parts and source of electricity, such as batteries, they would not actually play music.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to conjure a rope of shadows which are bound around an unsuspecting victim; the ropes remain on the person for a short time before vanishing.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to conjure a cloak of pure shadows which will blunt most attacks but slow the movement of the conjurer.
- Children of Nyx can bend shadows around them, concealing them for a short time.
- Children of Nyx are innately strong during the night.
- Children of Nyx can see perfectly in the night as if it were day.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to Shadow Travel, a sort of teleportation; the further the distance, the more is energy drained.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nyx are able to create complete darkness in a small area for a short time, extinguishing all light sources
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nyx are able to use the shadows to make a shadow creature, no larger than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, to fight for them for a short time, while the shadow creature is fighting they are incapacitated and the longer they use the shadow creature the more energy it drains
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nyx have the ability to shed their flesh and turn into a state of pure shadows and while in this state, the user is granted flight, immune to all attacks and anything they touch has their vision stripped away is flung into a state of intense terror and paranoia; however, once the user changes back they will be extremely drained and immobile for a long time.
- Children of Nyx tend to prefer the dark
|Satyr Family||Adoptive Family||Love them and will dearly miss them.|