She grew up as a girl who has a bright personality due to the loving care of her grandparents. She knows how to respect others. She is a well-manered young lady. She knows how to control her temper though if one goes overboard, she has to show the other side of her—the tough side.
Hei Ryung Park (or Amelia) was born in the city of Seoul in South Korea but she grew up in the city of Busan with her grandparents.
Park Hyun Shik was a very well known Korean celebrity who had a reputation of being a playboy. Of course, as a star, showbiz intrigues, rumours and the like are inevitable. When he married another celebrity named Cho Hee, more rumours arose like their marriage was only planned, they just made a contract, they won't last long and etc. And so, Hyun Shik thought that to prove their love was real, they had to have lots of children.
Before Hei Ryung was born, she had five older brothers, two younger brothers (twins) and four older sisters. She is the tenth child of Hyun Shik however her mother is not Cho Hee.
It all happened one night at a movie premiere. Hyun Shik was the star of the film and while smiling and waving at his fans, he noticed one beautiful woman. Her beauty was undeniably outstanding. It's impossible no one would ever notice her. It was Nyx.
Then, the flirty Hyun Shik asked her out and they did but secretly. He couldn't afford to ruin his new image, a man of dignity and also a responsible husband. He couldn't resist it. He was really born to be a playboy. After so many years of resisting the urge to see other women finally, he gave in.
After three months of dating secretly, they slept together and the next morning, Nyx was already gone without even saying goodbye. Then he realized he has a family. No way would he abandon them. He thought he was tricked and so he learned his lesson. He promised to himself that he won't ever see any other woman and love his wife faithfully.
But one night, Cho Hee was going home late and so Hyun Shik would go on and sleep first. When he opened the door to his room, on his bed is a crying baby. The window was open and so he quickly went to it to see if someone got in. When he approached the baby, there was a note pinned to her clothe saying she's his child. He knew instantly that it was his child with the woman (Nyx). She was an illegitimate child. No one should know of her. So before anyone else discovered about the baby, he immediately traveled to Busan and left the baby with his parents. He was so careful of not ruining his image so he had to do it. But he wasn't that cruel to just leave the child alone. Right after he explained everything to his parents, he left. The couple named their grandchild Hei Ryung meaning "grace and brightness".
Hei Ryung grew up loved by her grandparents. They provided all what she needed. In school, she was always bullied because she was fat and short. She also wore glasses due to vision impairment. She had braces, as well. So you could just imagine her looking like a ball. But she didn't mind the insult being thrown at her besides, she had a family who loved her. Her grandparents didn't tell her about her parents until she was seven. That was also when Hyun Shik came back to bring her with him at last. It was hard for Hei Ryung because she didn't want to leave her grandparents but she had to go since Hyun Shik is her father. He had a change of heart and decided to raise the child himself instead.
When they got back to Seoul, Hyun Shik finally admitted to his family that he slept with a woman and Hei Ryung was the result. It wasn't easy for them to take in. Some of them felt anger towards Hei Ryung because she was a child of another woman while some loved her as a sibling. As for Cho Hee, she just had to forgive her husband. Besides, it already happened. What else could she do? Then, Hyun Shik thought of moving to America—start a new life there. He quit being an actor and Cho Hee did so, too. They moved to Jacksonville, Florida and it wasn't so bad at first.
The bullying just got worse for Hei Ryung. Back in Busan, insults were just the ones being thrown at her but now she's also being physically abused by her own classmates at school. Everytime she got home, she had bruises on her which made her dad worry. Again, it was all because she was fat, short and looked like an ugly nerd. Also because she didn't know how to speak English right. One of her older sisters showed sympathy to her and tried to help her. She'd always tell Hei Ryung not to eat too much and do more work so she could burn her fats. She followed her sister's advice and she even joined the girl scouts in their school. They did some drills which helped her a lot. She also did her best to study the English language.
Her life got tougher when she got diagnosed of ADHD at the same year and minor/mild dyslexia when she was twelve.
At the age of thirteen, she already got the body type she needed. She got slim. After all those years of hard work, it finally paid off. She even got her braces taken off but as for her glasses, she still wore them sometimes. If she didn't, she put on contact lenses. Not to mention, she also got way better in the English language.
One night, she dreamt of a lady. She felt there was some sort of connection between them. It was Nyx, her mother. She explained everything to her by that time about her being a demigod and all then she told Hei Ryung that she might want to wake up. She did as what her mother told and just in time to run away because telekhines started attacking her. She was in a camp for girl scouts and they are situated near a body of water. The other girl scouts were awoken by the noise they're making. They saw racoons rummaging Hei Ryung's stuff. They helped her get rid of them but Hei Ryung was afraid they'd be hurt because she DID see telekhines and not racoons. She just told them to run away. Good thing the telekhines weren't fast enough and so she managed to escape her very first monster attack. She decided not to tell her family about that matter for now. She herself had a lot to take in. She didn't even believe that she was a demigod as what her mother told her.
When she was fourteen and six months old, she was again attacked but this time, fire-breathing horses. Good thing there were three demigods out on a quest and they saw Hei Ryung being chased by two fire-breathing horses. They took care of the monsters and at that moment, they knew Hei Ryung was one of them. The way she reacted to the presence of the fire-breathing horses and besides, the monsters won't attack her if she wasn't a demigod. Hei Ryung demanded an explanation. That was the second time she got attacked. They stopped for a moment in a diner and explained everything to her. Their explanation sounded somewhat familiar then she realized it was also what Nyx told her in her dream last year. The demigods decided to bring her to camp with them. And so she did knowing that was the only safe place for them. But then there were four of them and together, their scent was strong. Three cyclopes attacked the four. They were old and strong enough to defend themselves but it was Hei Ryung they were worried about. So, one of them took Hei Ryung far away from the battle scene while the other two demigods tried to fend off the cyclopes. Hei Ryung just told the demigod to bring her home and so he did. Then the demigod needed to leave immediately and go back for his companions. The demigod just said that someone would come for her and bring her to camp. But before he left, he gave Hei Ryung something to help her defend herself. It seemed to be a metallic ball and looked heavy but it was surprisingly light. All she had to do was press it like a stress ball and it transforms into a celestial bronze corseque.
For years, Hei Ryung waited. Monsters, thankfully just attacked one to three times a year since she's a child of a minor deity. She managed to survive using the corseque given to her and using a few of her skills in martial arts, which she learned in a school her father enrolled her in during the summer when she was younger. The monsters that attacked her were also pretty much easy to deal with—hellhounds, harpies and a few of the telekhines everytime she went to a body of water. When she was finally seventeen, a satyr found her and brought her to camp. The moment she's been waiting for.
Note: 3/6/9 powers are not yet unlocked.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to conjure weapon out of pure shadows which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. This can also be used for other non-combative objects, but within reason, something might be shaped like an iPod, but as shadows do not have any working parts and source of electricity, such as batteries, they would not actually play music.
- Children of Nyx can create solid bullets out of shadows and fire them from their fingertips. The bullets fly fast enough to possibly tear into an opponent’s skin.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to conjure a dome of solid shadows around them which will defend against attacks for a short time.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to conjure a cloak of darkness which will blunt physical attacks, but slows the movement of the conjurer.
- Children of Nyx are innately stronger and are slightly less drained by their powers during the night.
- Children of Nyx can see perfectly in the night as if it were day and darkness in general.
- Children of Nyx can communicate with and command nocturnal animals.
- Children of Nyx, during the night, sense any motions in their vicinity (up to roughly a city block away). Large, rapid movements are easy to distinguish, while smaller, slower movements blend together like background noise, requiring focus to single out.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to Shadow Travel,to teleport from shadow to shadow; the further the distance, the more is energy drained.
- Children of Nyx can bend shadows around them, concealing them for a short time.
- Children of Nyx are able to create complete darkness in a small area for a short time, extinguishing all light sources. They can also perform this power to a lighter extent, by putting out a single light bulb or candle with a thought.
- Children of Nyx can telekinetically move and transform their shadow constructs. The more constructs moved and the bigger they are, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to create intangible stars, which will light an area for a short time.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nyx can cause true night in an area for a short time, blocking sunlight over a battlefield. Their passive boosts and the abilities of other demigods are affected accordingly. This effect lasts for at most a minute before fading back, and can only be used once a day. They can also create a pair of shadow wings to fly with (which drains less energy than shadow travel).
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nyx are able to create up to seven nocturnal animals, no larger than their normal sizes, to serve them for a short time. While the animals are summoned the user is slower, and they are drained whenever one of the animals is harmed or when the animals are released.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nyx have the ability to shed their flesh and turn into a state of pure night. While in this state, the user is granted flight and their existing abilities become stronger. They are intangible in this state and anyone they touch has their vision stripped away for the rest of the transformation; however, once the user changes back they will be extremely drained and immobile for a long time. They would possibly pass out.
- Children of Nyx tend to prefer the dark.
- Children of Nyx are often nocturnal; preferring to operate at night and sleep during the day.
- Children of Nyx tend to have a darker outlook on life and events of the world.
- Children of Nyx often pursue jobs that take place at night or in darkness such as being a security guard, nightclub bouncing, and mining.
- Children of Nyx are typically favored and get along with nocturnal animals, such as bats, raccoons, ocelots, etc.
|Nyx||mother||I haven't really met her... but I did see her once in a dream and I think she's really beautiful.|
|Park Hyun Shik||father||Uh... I don't know. Maybe I feel grateful for him that he decided to raise me despite the fact that I'm an illegitimate child.|
|Cho Hee||stepmother||Hm... I guess I feel neutral about her.|
|(names not mentioned)||grandparents||They're the ones who took me in when my dad didn't want me in the family. I love them so much and I really really miss them right now.|
|Park brothers and sisters||half-siblings||Some of them are angry at me. Maybe it's because they don't consider me family. But there are also some who treat me nicely and I can truly feel their love for me, which is a good thing.|