Penelope is one who thinks more than she speaks as she has a lot of things in mind. But when she does communicate, she's nice and has a very long patience; she's also a joker.. She has a sweet tooth and is also a natural wanderlust and is never seen at a certain place permanently. She also likes writing things on this very random notebook she had.
Byron was an average soldier on the way to being the second lieutenant He was still on his early thirties but his success in the military is recognizable as he followed the footsteps of his father who was general in his time. By focusing on his lifetime goal, Byron has never cared about romancing. That was up until the time that the military officers checked a village of natives to find the terrorists' hideout where he met Persephone, who is apparently Winona Levine, a doctor who volunteered to help in that village. Byron and Winona had taken an interest on each other and had a fling. In the last night of Byron and the army's stay as they found the hideout, Byron and Winona made love.
Byron left the next day and Winona knew. The army raided the terrorists' hideout and it turned out that these rebels were actually prepared for this. Byron was hit with a plank onto his stomach and was shot on his right leg with a machine gun a couple times. All of the soldiers were killed except for Byron. Although, as much as he survived, his right leg was severed and still hurts no matter how many pain relievers he takes and was awarded by the military although he decided to quit and left his dream.
Months later, a baby was brought to his door with no not eat all but he had a strong connection with this child. He named the baby, Penelope. He worked as a car dealer, a job he left for the military before. The pay was good and Penelope was raised well and had a passion for martial arts. Byron married Linda Goode, the guidance counselor of Penelope's school whom she was close, when Penelope was nine years old and they were simply the perfect family. A day before Penelope's birthday, Byron and Linda were buying a gift for Penelope but the car's brake didn't work and they crashed and died. That was the worst phase of Penelope's life.
She was taken by her paternal aunt, Lucy, and her husband, Dustin. Lucy disliked her and Dustin did her the worst thing one could ever do to a broken child and it didn't happen once, but almost every time Lucy wasn't around. Penelope was always locked in the basement and her only access to the rest of the world was an open window that she wasn't even able to reach. Locked alone, you would've thought she'd gone crazy but she didn't. She thought about everything and how her father and her step-mother who has been her mother figure for her school life would be sad if she committed but she still did cut anyhow with a sharpener blade.
One night, vines crawled in the window, bringing her a parcel with a stamp of a basket of fruits. She opened the parcel, it was a small box that contained four orbs that fit into her hand numbered one to four. It said: Penelope, my dear child, I know you have wondered about who your mother is but you will know soon. I asked Hecate to make them for me. Just press the numbers on the orbs and you'll be on your way to freedom and family, love. -Persephone. She had no idea if it was a joke but she held the third orb and pressed the number and it turned into a silver dagger and pressed the number again on the dagger to turn it back to an orb. She tried the rest which turned into a staff and a double-edged sword and the first one turned into a key. She tried the key onto the door and the door opened.
She tried the key onto the door way out of the house, it also opened and she left with the four orbs in a bag. She wandered aimlessly just to be away from her aunt and uncle. In the park, she was attacked by a lycan that was only lurking to find demi-gods. She stabbed it a few times which was ineffective, and then decided to use the silver dagger instead and threw it onto the lycan which killed it. She slept in the park with a few injuries that night and woke up at dawn to see a satyr that explained everything to her.
They went to camp and she was claimed by Persephone.
- Children of Persephone have the ability to shoot multiple plant thorns from their fingertips, once the thorns touch an opponent's skin they can cause severe skin irritation and a powerful burning sensation for a short time. Much like the infamous North American plant, Stinging Nettles
- Children of Persephone can create a small tornado formed of petals and grass blades. As the floral tornado spins faster, the petals and grass blades become hard and strong enough to cut an someone. When the tornado's at it's fastest, the child can launch the blades of grass and the petals at an opponent.
- Children of Persephone have the ability to create a protective dome of flowers and vines around them, roughly two to three times the size of the user, as a shield, although will instantly begin to die after a short time. During the fall/winter, they can create a protective dome of durable skulls instead which will crumble to dust after a short time.
- (Spring/Summer Only) They are able to communicate with and command animals. (Fall/Winter Only) They can communicate with the dead.
- Children of Persephone have the innate ability to talk flowers to life, either making them grow more quickly or bringing them back from a recent death.
- Children of Persephone always surrounded by an aura that normally causes plants to grow where they have walked. They can shut it off for a long time if they wish.
- Children of Persephone are innately stronger during the Spring and Summer months due to the happiness of their mother.
- In the spring/summer months they can create travel roses. Roses that allow the user to teleport from that rose to another one. In the fall/winter months they can shadow travel, to teleport from shadow to shadow. The further the distance traveled, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Persephone can turn inanimate objects into a flowers for a short time, this can be used for a multitude of purposes. The larger the object the more draining it is. Only one object may be turned into a flower at a time and it turns back to normal after a short time. The item is immune to further use of the curse for a moderate time.
- Children of Persephone can create a dense fog of powerful pollen which causes the opponent to be temporarily blinded and cough madly for a short time.
- Children of Persephone have the ability to create ropes of vines and flowers from nothing. They only last for a moderate time before dying and fading away into nothing. Vines and flowers can able be telekinetically moved by the user.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Persephone can manipulate and control the solar energy absorbed by plants. They can fire energy beams that burn upon touch, emit protective veils around their bodies,create light sources and even infuse the energy into weapons. Increasing it’s strength and damage capacity for a short time.
6 Months After Character is Made
- In spring and summer months, children of Persephone can summon up to 3 large mutant flowers that fight for and serve the user. It could only be up to 2 or 3 the size of the user, possess fangs and release a pollen just like Supplementary 3. When the flowers are cut or burned, they can quickly regenerate. After a moderate time, the flowers die and fade into nothing.
- In fall and winter months, children of Persephone are able to summon skeletal/zombie humanoids/animals to do their bidding, the more animals summoned and the bigger they are, the more energy is drained. Any armor/weaponry the undead possess also makes the summoning more draining. Which can then be controlled by the mind of their summoner; the longer they are summoned, the more the summoner is drained.
9 Months After Character is Made
- In spring and summer months, children of Persephone can transform their bodies structure to match that of a plant’s for a short time. The user will be a humanoid plant, the type of plant will be completely up to their choice. As long as it’s not poisonous or carnivorous. In this form, the user is immune to pain and can quickly regenerate from any injury, their existing chlorokinetic abilties are stronger as well. Once the transformation ends, the user will be extremely drained. Unable to move and could possibly faint.
- While in fall and winter months, they are able to use many recent deaths to empower themselves for a short time, making them stronger and quicker. The user is immune to all attacks and receives a boost in their existing abilities over necromancy. Once the transformation subsides and the user reverts to normal, they are immensely drained, cannot move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Persephone retain a youthful appearance for longer than most, this starts around the age of 12
- Children of Persephone are generally happier in the spring and summer months, and more solemn/melancholy in the fall and winter months.
- In the Fall/Winter Months only they are able to travel into the Underworld freely, as their mother resides there
- Children of Persephone typically have great love and knowledge of flowers, causing them to make great florists.