Birthday: December 15th, 2000
Current Age: 17 (stopped aging at 17)
Weight: 145 lbs
Fears: Hellhounds and losing the people she cares about
First Kiss: Theos Hampton
Weaknesses: Magnets(due to her spine being almost completely covered in metal)
Phoebe is a warm-hearted young woman who will do anything in her power to help others. For being kind, she is exceptionally sassy. She tries to be patient with others, even with the children of Ares. However, once angered, it can be difficult to calm her down. She is very forgiving, able to forgive a serial killer if she believes they are trying to become a better person. Don't make her regret forgiving you. Lying has never been her strong suit because she believes that "honesty is the best policy." Though she is gentle in nature, she can be a fierce opponent when she needs to be. Phoebe is often underestimated in fights due to her passive nature, but she will make you wish you hadn't underestimated her. She is extremely protective of the people she cares about, to the point where she willing to sacrifice herself in order to save them. Loves to read and often uses the books she reads as inspiration for the things she forges.
She is immortal, though is currently unaware to it. Her immortality obviously prevents her from physically aging, but it also prevents any kind of disease from killing her. This does not mean she can't get sick. For example, she can get cancer, but it will never kill her, it will only make life difficult.
- Children of Hephaestus are known for making great mechanics and blacksmiths. Able to make, upgrade and repair all sorts of weapons, machines and devices including automatons, armor and transforming weaponry.
- Children of Hephaestus normally grow up to be excellent sculptors, stonemasons, architects, construction workers, carpenters and woodworkers.
- Children of Hephaestus normally feel comfortable in forges and other warm areas, making them great fire-fighters and volcanologists.
Has many minor scars on her hands and forearms from forging.
She has a noticeable scar across her palm and fingers on her right hand, literally caught a blade for Domonick Farmer.
On her left forearm, she has a faint scar that reads 'FREAK'. She got it from the people who bullied her in the past.
Has scars on her back from shrapnel, about 20, after being a human-shield for Kara Rudikoff, also has a scar down her spine because of the metal plates being inserted on her spine due to the damage from shrapnel.
Has a scar down her chest because she had surgery to repair and remove shrapnel from her lungs.
Sue Adams was in her mechanic shop working on a broken down car, but she stumbled across a problem in the car that she didn't know how to fix. Hephaestus was going on a leisurely stroll and heard Sue growl in frustration. He went into her shop and asked, "Is there was anything I could do to help?" Sue looked at him and said, "If you could fix this damn part, that would be great." So, Hephaestus went under the car and fixed the very part Sue was having troubles with. Sue was astonished, but also very grateful. She asked, "How did you do that?" Hephaestus gladly explained it to her, after all, he was feeling attracted to her. Sue, impressed by his ability with mechanics, offered him a job at her shop. Hephaestus happily took the job. Several months later, after getting to know each other and falling in love, Sue found out she was pregnant with Phoebe. Hephaestus was present for Phoebe's delivery, but he left soon after.
All her life she has known that she is a daughter of Hephaestus. Her mother, Sue Adams, has raised her in Marquette, Michigan. Her mother never stopped talking about him, even though she likely should have. She was always reminded of her father when there was a fire glowing in the fireplace or when she visited her mother's mechanic shop. She lived a quiet life until she reached her 12th birthday.
Her mom was cutting into her birthday cake when a hellhound burst in through the kitchen window. Sue, being able to see through the Mist, saw the monster. Using the staff that Hephaestus gifted to Phoebe, she fought the monster. It was a terrible battle, Sue fought with all her might but was on the verge of losing. Phoebe did not fully understand what was happening,but all that she knew was that her mom was in trouble. She screamed, "Stop!" And the hellhound started burning alive. Phoebe grabbed the staff her mother was using and slayed the monster with it. The fight was over, but now Sue had to explain what happened to her daughter.
Sue told Phoebe that not only did she dread this day, but that from now on, she would have to live at Camp Halfblood, for her safety because she was a demigod. Phoebe didn't want to leave and convinced her mother to let her stay at home for a few more years. At first, it only happened once a year, but once she turned 16... Monsters started showing up at least once a month. Along with having to fight monsters, she was being bullied in school. After her bullies broke her mentally, they started to hurt her physically. They would beat her up every day, but because she lost hope they would stop, she didn't fight back. A week before high school graduation, six of the bullies teamed up to beat her. They held her down and took turns punching and kicking her. However, the sixth bully didn't do that, instead he carved the word 'FREAK' into her left forearm. That was the last time they hurt her before and after graduation.
Eventually, with the monster attacks, it got to the point where it was too dangerous for Phoebe to live at home. Her mother, Sue, drove her all the way to Long Island, but, while she was walking her up the hill. A hellhound attacked, and it was the same one that interrupted her 12th birthday. It was back for revenge. Her mother told her to run to the top of the hill because she would be safe there. As she wept, knowing her mother's fate, she ran. Her mother died ensuring that she would reach camp alive.
Due to all of the attacks she had before going to Camp Halfblood, she has very good control over her powers. She is also a capable fighter without her powers because she had years of training in kickboxing and wrestling(this was the product of her severe bullying, she had to be able to defend herself without burning anyone). Phoebe is also very agile and flexible. Since she is native to the UP(Upper Peninsula), she has a good resistance to the cold(winters up there can get as cold as -40 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to create and control fire; however, it is extremely chaotic and will burn anything near it no matter the intention of the child of Hephaestus. They can shoot fireballs, streams of fire and coat weapons in flame. The more fire summoned and controlled, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Hephaestus can become resistant to all types of physical attacks for a short time.
- Children of Hephaestus are able to create a wall of stone, no larger than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, to temporarily block attacks
- Children of Hephaestus are innately extremely resistant to heat and fire.
- Children of Hephaestus are innately stronger and faster than others.
- Children of Hephaestus possess an ability to instantly understand how to use and wield any weapon they possess with no training beforehand.
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to release heat from their hands in order to cauterize an open wound.
- Children of Hephaestus are able to create a smoke screen that suffocates and hinders enemies for a short time, using it to either escape or do one sneak attack
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to control a single mechanical object with their mind; doing so, however, immobilizes the child of Hephaestus until control is broken. This only works on objects mechanically controlled, not objects controlled by magic.
- Children of Hephaestus can telekinetically move weapons under their own possession and use. They can move up to 3 large weapons at a time, such as swords, axes and hammers. Or up to 10 small weapons such as throwing stars, knives and caltrops. The longer weapons are telekinetically held, the more energy is drained.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to curse an opponent’s weapons, armor and shields, make it softer, somewhat fragile or even rusted. This would last for a short time and make it easier for the user to attack. They can also repair weapons and armor with a thought and enchant weapons/armor to perform/defend against twice the amount of damage for a short time.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hephaestus are able to summon a humanoid automaton to fight for them for a short time, the automaton cannot be bigger than 2-3 times the size of the user. It may possess one weapon of the user’s choice and will take a basic appearance of a Greek soldier, but the user can customize their armor or facial appearance. The automaton will have no special abilities other than it’s strength, stamina and endurance. (No powers over Electricity, Magnetism, Flight. etc) The user however has a hard time moving while the automaton is present. The automaton will follow any command of the user, after a short time the automaton will crumble and fall apart. The user will be left quite drained.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hephaestus can transform their bodies into pure metal for a short time, making them stronger and far more durable. They can also shift and transform parts of their body into weapons in this state. They also have the option to add an incredible amount of heat to their metal form, doing this would make the transformation even more draining than before. Choosing to become molten metal means the user burns anything they touch, enhancing their offensive abilities. Once the transformation is complete, the user is incredibly drained. Even moving wouldn’t be possible for a long time and they could possibly faint.
|Kara Rudikoff||Best Friend.||"She's so kind to me, I'd be willing to go to Tartarus and back for her."|
|Natasha Rudikoff||Daughter of Kara.||"Not only is she adorable, but she's quite smart too. To think, people underestimate kids."|
|Domonick Farmer||Friend.||"He's quite the character, and he considers me family."|
|Theós Hampton||Love Interest.||"He's pretty nice, he shares the same interest in forging as I do. . . I like him. . . a lot."|