Kind, Shy. She is very Clever and loves books. (mainly ones written in ancient Greek). She loves the snow.
Matthew Kingsley met Athena in a huge library. Matthew was a mortal who could see through the mist. They talked for awhile and later on fell in love and had a child, Poppy, on the 21st December 1998.
Later Athena left for no apparent reason leaving a note to Matthew saying that there was something very important he needed to know this was that at some point he must send Poppy to a place called Camp Half Blood. However, her father later died in a terrible train accident when Poppy just four years old.
Poppy was sent to live with her grandmother but her father had not written a will so Poppy and her Grandma got nothing. Poppy was only allowed to have her father's belongings when she reached the age of eighteen. Her grandmother did not have a job and ended up unable to pay the rent for the apartment they were living in (at this time poppy was eight years old) so they were kicked out on the sreets and a year later they had found a homeless shelter to spend the nights in.
When Poppy was 9 she couldn't go to school as they were so poor. Usually she would go to the local library to learn from books but kids and even some adults would laugh at her shabby clothes and messy red hair so poppy would not go there very often. However, Poppy loved to learn so, even though she really hated to do it at first, she would steal books to read and learn from, and later (once she had read it) she would return it, trying not to get caught by anyone, back to the place she had got it from. Poppy was almost happy for awhile...
However, her grandmother became very ill and died when poppy was 11 years old. Poppy was very upset. She took all the little ebelongings that her grandma had and discovered the note to her father about Camp Half Blood. Enclosed in the envelope she found a map. She realised that she was not that far from the camp. So, she took what little belongings she had and set off. She soon found the Camp borders and she walked in.
- Children of Athena have the ability to see each specific pressure point on another person and are proficient at striking them in order to immobilize or greatly pain another person for a short time.
- Children of Athena are changed during battle and become stronger and quicker in combat than a normal human could achieve.
- Children of Athena are able to generate loose materials or manipulate any loose materials found around them to weave a wall. The wall obstructs the view of anyone facing them, and also blunts attacks. However, it does not stop attacks entirely, it is only capable of slowing the attacks down (possibly say that the wall will cut like a bunch of woven stuff or something ~ spiders and what not).
- Children of Athena, using their inclinations of battle and strategy, can most of the time, predict the course of action an opponent attacking them will take, and and are able to dodge or parry accordingly. However, if the prediction is wrong this may cost the child of Athena dearly.
- Children of Athena have the innate ability of hyper-cognition. They are able to perform more complex mental operations than a normal human could achieve. They are able to process thoughts and learning far quicker than others with little cognitive effort.
- Children of Athena have innate battle reflexes which allows them to fight and dodge quickly.
- Children of Athena are able to communicate with and command owls. If the user gives too many commands, the owls will become frustrated and disobey.
- Children of Athena have the ability to empower strength and intelligence upon nearby allies and instil fear upon nearby enemies with a deafening war cry for a short time.
- Children of Athena have minor telepathic abilities, making them able to telepathically communicate with their allies and read the current thoughts of an opponent’s mind. But this mind reading does not always work.
- Children of Athena through telepathy are able to alter the moods of a person or group of people for a short time. They are able to make an ally calmer and more courageous or an opponent panicked or depressed. Once a target has suffered from this power, they become resistant to it for a moderate amount of time.
- Children of Athena can curse an opponent, temporarily ruining their ability to formulate battle strategies for a short time. With this curse, the target would only think up rather silly and quite awful strategies. This gives the user a chance to attack or flee. Ex: The target would fake a heart attack and fall back on the ground, thinking the user would believe it and give up on the fight.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Athena, due to the strength of their minds, are gifted with the ability of clairvoyance. They are able gain information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the known human senses, for example beyond their normal sensory range or when unable to use their physical senses. Some techniques of clairvoyance are veridical dreaming, scrying and parasight.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Athena can curse an opponent with severe stupidity and ignorance, temporarily stripping them of their intelligence and knowledge. The curse can cause an opponent to lose their common sense, fighting skill and tactical abilities. The target could even be unsure how to swing a sword or use their powers properly. After a short time, the curse will wear off and the target will regain their intelligence and knowledge. Their minds will be resistant to further use of the curse for a moderate time and the user will be substantially drained.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Athena can turn into a normal sized owl of whichever species they select for a short period of time, allowing them flight. The user has the option to grow into a giant owl, it can be up to 2 to 3 times bigger than their size as a human. This will make the transformation more draining. As a giant owl, the user would be twice as fast as a normal owl mid-flight, be able to transport allies and possess a very loud scream. After the transformation, they are extremely drained. Unable to move and they could possibility faint.
- Children of Athena are normally very intelligent, wise and clever. Able to easily excel in school.
- Children of Athena tend to be very adept at weaving, pottery and other crafts.
- Children of Athena typically have the potential to become great soldiers, agents or generals. Able to perform remarkable feats within the Military.
- Children of Athena can grow up to make great scholars, teachers, professors and scientists.