Roxanne is always polite and kind, just like her grandmother taught her. Even though she has been in a million official receptions, dances, and dinners her social skills could be much, much better. She's working to correct that, though. She often over analyzes things and is rather naive, due to growing up in a "old-fashioned" environment. She is fiercely loyal, smart, rather fun when you get to know her and artistic. She plays the violin and the piano. She is planning to return to Alix when she turns twenty-three, and take her place as the ruler of the kingdom.
Walking into Roxanne Tyrell's room in Hypnos' Cabin, you spot a notebook on her bed. It is open. Taking it in your hands, you see that Ro left it on page 238, titled "Roxanne Tyrell's Biography". Curiousity washes through you. Sitting down, you start reading.
"I am Roxanne Sophia Tyrell (though I prefer when people call me Ro), Princess of the Principality of Alix (population of 45 thousand people). In order for you, whoever you are, to fully understand my story I need to tell you the history of Alix first. It won't take that long, I promise.
The Principality was formed when Louis XV of France gifted a small island in the Mediterranean to one of his mistresses, Regina Tyrell, in 1742. Regina named the island Alix, and since then she was known as Queen Regina I, the Great (see, it wasn't long!).
My mother, Evangline, is Regina's great (many times great) grandchild and currently the princess regnant of my beloved kingdom. You would think that my mother had me with a member of some royal family like, I don't know, Spain's one, but no. And here's where my story begins.
My mother met my father while she was visiting some of her friends from her college years in New York. She never really talked about him, and always said one thing when I asked her: "He was a kind man, Ro. Kind, loving, and lovable. Now go to the ball/dinning/etc room, your grandmaman is waiting for you". The only thing I remember about dad, is that he had a beautiful smile. I don't remember his face, just his smile. I also didn't know his name. The only thing I knew for sure is that he and mom never got married.
I was born on the 14th of December, and ever since I remember myself, I've been taking princess lessons from my granmaman, I mean my grandmother, Carmen, the dowager princess. How to hold my glass in the right way, how to eat the right way, how to hold back my yawning (which was really really hard to do for some reason) by clentching my jaw and refusing to open my mouth, and many other things. I knew all the members of the English royal family by heart at the age of seven and was able to talk in German and Spanish by the age of eleven.
When I turned fourteen, strange things started happening to me. My mother seemed to know why a tall man with a head of a bull attacked me, but I just blamed it on my imagination. I also became much more sleepy, and sometimes I thought all those weird things were dreams. I tried my best to concetrate on my lessons, even though it was extremely hard, and let my mother assign a new secuirity guard for me. She said he was 'special', but I didn't really see why. His name was Jason, and he looked like a usual bodyguard.
Nothing special happened to me in the next two and a half years. I attended all the dances, official dinners, parties, and receptions my grandmother wanted me to attend, did anything she asked no matter how crazy it was, because I wanted (still do!) to be a good ruler for the people of Alix. I even started writing letters to an African princess, Chiamaka, to please the dowager.
A few weeks after my sweet sixteen (my mother and grandma organized a party at the palace and invited most of the young members of almost every royal/notable family in Europe, Asia and America) my mother surprised me by taking me on a trip to New York. She said she wanted me to see life outside of the palace. We lived in one of the most prestigious hotels in NY for a few months. Jason never left my side during my walks around the city, and I'm quite glad he did.
A few days earlier, one of the strange attacks happened again. This time, it was a dog the size of a bear. I was in a cafe at that moment, Jason was in the toilet. When he came back, the monster had me pinned on the floor and while my loyal bodyguard took out his sword, I fell asleep. When I woke up, I was in the limousine and Jason looked really worried. After seeing me awake he hugged me, which really surprised me. I mean, we were close, but he never did something like that.
Then, the situation became even more weird. Jason told me the truth. He told me that he was a music spirit, and that he was assigned to protect me by my father. He continued saying that my father was a god. An actual god from the Greek mythology. I couldn't believe what I had heared, and when I asked where were we going, I became even more confused. Jason said that he was taking me to Camp Half-blood. He explained that it was a place where many other people like me, demigods as he called them, trained and were safe from monster attacks.
Even though it was hard not to believe that Jason was mental, I didn't say anything, because I trusted him. Only when we finally arrived to said Camp I found myself thinking that maybe my protector was saying the truth, that all of this wasn't a dream. When me and Jason walked into Camp, I was claimed by Hypnos. My father.
So, that's it. You just read the biography of Princess Roxanne Sophia Tyrell. I hope I can get home soon.
Roxanne stands at 5'8" and has a slim figure. She has long, brown hair that she likes to keep in a side-braid or a messy bun on the top of her head and blue eyes. Her skin is slightly tanned. She usually wears casual yet somewhat girly clothes, most of which were designed for her.
- Children of Hypnos have the ability to, upon direct contact, to force someone to fall asleep for a short time; after the effects have worn off, a person is immune to further effects of this for a moderate time. They can also fire a wave of energy with the same effects and limitations. The wave is singular and is only big enough to hit one person.
- Children of Hypnos have the ability to cause someone near them to feel extremely tired and become sluggish for a short time. Leaving the target vulnerable to attack.
- Children of Hypnos can project a powerful sleep aura for a short time, anyone around them will automatically fall asleep. The user cannot attack or use their other abilities when the sleep aura is in place, so the power is purely defensive. Also all targets automatically wake up when the sleep aura fades away and they can only use the ability twice in a fight.
- Children of Hypnos have the innate ability to cause others to feel mildly tired in their presence. They can shut off this ability for a long time if they wish.
- Children of Hypnos have the ability to look into people’s dreams as they sleep.
- Children of Hypnos heal faster while they are asleep.
- Children of Hypnos are partially conscious while asleep, able to wake themselves up at will.
- Children of Hypnos can put people to sleep for a short time; after awakening, they will feel extremely refreshed, as if they had just slept a full night. This power can only be used with the target's consent, so it's only useful for aiding allies.
- Children of Hypnos can directly contact a sleeping person dreams to either cause paranoia or a blissful dream.
- Children of Hypnos can create opium and use it for a multitude of purposes from helping to numb someone's pain to putting someone to sleep or making them feel drugged. The effects of the opium wear off after a short to moderate time. They can even create a field of poppies so tall that it obscures the sight and slows down anyone they are fighting, they only last for a short time before they wither away
- Since Hypnos was considered an underworld god, his children have the ability to Shadow Travel ,to teleport from shadow to shadow; the further the distance, the more energy drained.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hypnos can take control of another person’s body while they are asleep for a short time, however they cannot force the opponent to harm themselves; the person being controlled feels as if they are dreaming and will vaguely remember the experience.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hypnos are able to curse someone into feeling like they haven’t slept in a week, the target cannot fall asleep in this state. They are forced to fight the user while being exhausted. The curse only lasts for a moderate amount of time and the target will receive their strength back afterwards, they are immune to further use of the curse for the rest of the fight. The user is substantially drained.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hypnos can draw power from all the actions and desires for sleep they’ve seen, felt, or committed in their lives and become an embodiment of sleep. This would make them more powerful and immune to all attacks, enhancing their physical prowess and power over sleep they previously possessed. This only lasts for a short time, after which the user will be so exhausted they’d lack the ability to even move for some time and could even faint. If they pass out from the transformation, they cannot remain conscious and quickly regain their strength.
- It is not uncommon for children of Hypnos to suffer from narcolepsy, a sleep disorder that causes excessive sleepiness and frequent daytime sleep attacks.
- Children of Hypnos are typically lazy and enjoy sleeping, causing them to purposely fall asleep whenever they please.
- Children of Hypnos are partially immune to the waters of the River Lethe, since the river runs through their father’s domain.
- Since their father resides in the realm of eternal darkness, children of Hypnos normally feel more comfortable in dark areas.
|Hypnos||Father||I haven't met him yet, sadly.|
|Evangeline Tyrell III||Mother||I love her with all my heart, and miss her dearly.|
|Carmen Tyrell||Grandmother||She can be mean and really really annoying... But I don't know if I would still be... Me, without her.|
|Marius Tyrell||Uncle||In another universe, he is the Doctor and I am his companion.|
|Jason||Ex boyfriend, best friend, bodyguard||I owe this man my life. He was more than my first kiss, my first love; he was the first friend I ever made. He was selfless, brave... Hero material. I miss him, still, and always will.|
|Lucifer of Sparta||We are close friends, and [she blushes lightly, a silly smile claiming her features] I enjoy his company.|