She is very shy around strangers, but is really weird to those she considered to be close with.Spend most of the time at home reading fictional books, or watching TV series. She is very, intelligent, witty and responsible. She is considered as arrogant by some people, yet Ruby does not care at all about their opinion.Most of the time, she feels superior compared to other people. Overall, Ruby is a shy but an honest and kind girl that tries her best at all times.
Carlo was a journalist living in New York. Most of his job involves bizarre scenarios. One night, he just finished a field work when he saw a mysterious yet hauntingly beautiful woman. Feeling struck by the goddess, he followed her until she slowly turned and smiled at him.
After that incident, the two frequently cross path. Maybe it was because Nyx has also a thing with the man, though this meetings were always at the night, were the goddess was more comfortable. This thing continues until one faithful night, the two shared a passionate moment.
Nyx disappeared after the incident. Carlo was upset that the goddess serves him no proper farewell. One night months later, a cry of a child can be heard. Carlo sense it was coming from his room, and in his surprise, the Goddess was present, holding a beautiful baby. The Goddess explained to the mortal about herself, their daughter and camp. Carlo was dumbfounded but still believes what the Goddess told him. She then vanished in the dark night, leaving a shocked Carlo, holding a crying girl and ring that the Goddess said will protect the girl. Carlo decided to name the child Ruby.
Ruby grew up really dependent with her overprotective father. Because of this Ruby had little social life, spent mostly to the people around her. Her father married Sandra, a manager at a local company. She was uptight around her but Ruby did not mind. They had a respectful relationship with one another. Carlo and Sandra had a daughter which they named Cass. Ruby was glad to the new addition and the sisters became really close. Ruby just wanted her family and some other close people to be her world, always feeling awkward toward others.
Ruby, even if she had ADHD, was an intelligent person. She was one on the top with her class. But some of her classmates perceive her as an arrogant anti-social freak. Ruby was okay with this for she had no care for the opinion of the other people.
One night, she came late due to some school activity. She was 13 then and had never known about her demigod side. Her father kept it a secret to her daughter. She just knew a fake story that her mom died in a car accident, and that only remembrance was the gold ring Nyx left them. So at one corner a hellhound confronted the child, She thought it was just a huge black dog, but was soon terrified when the monster got near. She tried to run but her feet seemed to be stuck. When the hellhound came closer, something within her told to touch the ring. It glowed and turned to a sword. The hound seems to be scare at the sword. Again, her demigod instinct told her to fight using the sword. She may not know how to use the sword, that night, she actually gain some strength and was successfully killed the monster. Maybe it was her demigod blood waking up, or maybe the goddess was helping her in her night domain, but whatever it was, it sure help her not die, just got some bruises and a bit trauma about it.
She run towards home but only finds her father. She hugged him with tears in her eyes and told her father about the attack. Feeling that it was time, Carlo decided to tell the girl about everything. Like her father was 13 years ago, she was in total shock and if not experience had what she just felt, will not believe it. Still not wanting for Ruby to go away, Carlo refuses to let her go there.He wanted to be with her daughter, not wanting her leave his side They told nothing to the other members of the family.
A year has passed and things seem rather normal, until one day, the Ruby and her father were walking, when they sense two creatures was fallowing them, those were actually harpies. Of coarse, the father thought that it was just a huge bird. But when the harpies tried to attack Ruby, he thought otherwise.Ruby quickly drew her sword and desperately tried to defend. The father grabs a stick, wanting to fend them away, but did nothing. Luck was on Ruby's side for she killed one. The other seemed to be scared when her company was gone, it run away not wanting to have the same fate.
Hearing it and actually experience it were very different. With this Carlo decided it was time that Ruby went to the demigod camp. Ruby was okay with this for she wanted to know about what she was, what made her different from normal mortals. The two lied to Sandra and Cass, that it was just a normal camp, and Ruby will stay there for the meantime. They were skeptic at first but was able to do nothing as the two drove of.
She was claimed by her mother the day she stayed at camp, and has been there for just about a week.
No 3,6,9 month power
- Children of Nyx have the ability to conjure weapon out of pure shadows which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. This can also be used for other non-combative objects, but within reason, something might be shaped like an iPod, but as shadows do not have any working parts and source of electricity, such as batteries, they would not actually play music.
- Children of Nyx can create solid bullets out of shadows and fire them from their fingertips. The bullets fly fast enough to possibly tear into an opponent’s skin.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to conjure a dome of solid shadows around them which will defend against attacks for a short time.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to conjure a cloak of darkness which will blunt physical attacks, but slows the movement of the conjurer.
- Children of Nyx are innately stronger and are slightly less drained by their powers during the night.
- Children of Nyx can see perfectly in the night as if it were day and darkness in general.
- Children of Nyx can communicate with and command nocturnal animals.
- Children of Nyx, during the night, sense any motions in their vicinity (up to roughly a city block away). Large, rapid movements are easy to distinguish, while smaller, slower movements blend together like background noise, requiring focus to single out.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to Shadow Travel,to teleport from shadow to shadow; the further the distance, the more is energy drained.
- Children of Nyx can bend shadows around them, concealing them for a short time.
- Children of Nyx are able to create complete darkness in a small area for a short time, extinguishing all light sources. They can also perform this power to a lighter extent, by putting out a single light bulb or candle with a thought.
- Children of Nyx can telekinetically move and transform their shadow constructs. The more constructs moved and the bigger they are, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to create intangible stars, which will light an area for a short time.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nyx can cause true night in an area for a short time, blocking sunlight over a battlefield. Their passive boosts and the abilities of other demigods are affected accordingly. This effect lasts for at most a minute before fading back, and can only be used once a day. They can also create a pair of shadow wings to fly with (which drains less energy than shadow travel).
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nyx are able to create up to seven nocturnal animals, no larger than their normal sizes, to serve them for a short time. While the animals are summoned the user is slower, and they are drained whenever one of the animals is harmed or when the animals are released.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nyx have the ability to shed their flesh and turn into a state of pure night. While in this state, the user is granted flight and their existing abilities become stronger. They are intangible in this state and anyone they touch has their vision stripped away for the rest of the transformation; however, once the user changes back they will be extremely drained and immobile for a long time. They would possibly pass out.
- Children of Nyx tend to prefer the dark.
- Children of Nyx are often nocturnal; preferring to operate at night and sleep during the day.
- Children of Nyx tend to have a darker outlook on life and events of the world.
- Children of Nyx often pursue jobs that take place at night or in darkness such as being a security guard, nightclub bouncing, and mining.
- Children of Nyx are typically favored and get along with nocturnal animals, such as bats, raccoons, ocelots, etc.