Tyler North is a curious young lady. She prefers to explore the things around her so she can better understand her surroundings. She also tends to be slightly aggressive towards those she doesn't like or if she's in a bad mood. She likes to be by herself at times when things get to overwhelming for her. She loves the dark, which sounds so cliché but it's true. She has a dry sense of humor but will only joke around if she's comfortable around you. Tyler is very observant and isn't afraid to let you know what she's found out. She is very respectful to those that are older to her (namely the adults) and to the dead. She doesn't like walking through graveyards because of this. She doesn't want to walk on their heads after all! Tyler is very stubborn as well so good luck in trying to change her opinions or beliefs.
Melissa North was not your typical woman. No way. In fact, she was a forensics scientist and wasn't afraid to talk about her work if you asked her. Which, of course, made plenty of people uncomfortable. Especially her husband, David North. Now these two disagreed so frequently that it was one of the most frequently discussed topics regarding these two. After all, how could two people, that obviously could live happily never knowing each other, get married? Well, they were in love once. They just quickly fell out of love but never bothered to divorce one another. Why? Well, they didn't want to deal with a lawyer.
So, it was no surprise when Melissa found herself falling for a man that was interested in her line of work. Nor was it a surprise when she found herself pregnant with said man's child. It definitely wasn't a surprise when the Norths finally decided that they shouldn't be together. After all, who would want to have two parents that obviously wanted nothing to do with each other? Melissa was the happiest she ever could be when her darling baby girl was born. She decided to name her Tyler, since she decided right then that her daughter wouldn't bend to stereotypes or the like...for whatever reason. It was a bit of a surprise when she found a black box that held a bracelet from her ex-lover. It was for her baby girl when she grew older.
Tyler always knew there was something odd about herself. After all, she constantly saw ghosts in graveyards and the like. Not that it bothered her, of course. Heck, she even decided to start petting a huge black mastiff with red eyes just because it kept staring at her. Of course she kept getting weird looks. Who knows why. It wasn't until later on did she realize it was a hellhound and that passerby probably thought she was stroking a semi-truck or something. Naturally, that wasn't even the tip of the iceberg.
In fact, when she was barely twelve when she had her first run in with an actual monster. Well, besides hellhounds but they're just big fluff balls. Tyler was just minding her own business at a park one day (her mom was working at a crime scene) when she was tapped on the shoulder by some woman. The conversation started out normally enough, there was the typical "Where's your mother, dear?" question and what not. In fact, she even asked for some help with some of her groceries. Apparently, her home wasn't to far from the park and she couldn't take them all in since her husband wasn't home yet. Naturally, Ty agreed. When they were far enough away from civilization, the kind woman began to change into a snake haired, dragon-legged, black winged thing. She remembered the two yellow weapons the woman wielded and how she stalked her way towards her, like a predator. When she was about to strike, a dome of hard soil and diamonds protected her. However, she slowly found herself getting tired, so she tried to leave. The dome fell and she ran. She tried to outrun the kampe with the small amount of energy she had left. Ty found her mother and couldn't believe her eyes when she saw that the monster was gone.
Suffice to say, she took a nap.
What she didn't know, was that a group of demigods had intercepted the Kampe and took her out. They didn't fail to notice the young girl who made a dome out of diamond and soil. So, they searched for her. When they found her leaving the crime scene with her mother, they cornered them and immediately told her about Camp Half-Blood. Melissa knew this day would come. After all, she did sleep with the God of the Underworld. So when she took the kids home, she handed her daughter a black stone bracelet with the simple words, "This was sent to me from your father. He told me to give it to you when you were ready." Tyler immediately put the bracelet on, unsure how it could possibly be important. Later that week, she traveled to Camp Half-Blood. Once there, she was claimed by Hades, much to her surprise. In hindsight, she shouldn't have been. It was pretty obvious. That's also how she found out her bracelet was actually a stygian iron scythe. Hey, she couldn't complain. After all, it allows her to protect herself against monsters. Now, she's been here for about a week and a half.
- Children of Hades can create and launch long shards of obsidian from their palms.
- Children of Hades can create small fissures in the ground which spew plumes of hellfire for a few moments before closing. The hellfire is more powerful than normal fire, but can also harm the user, so this power must be used carefully.
- Children of Hades have the ability to create a dome of hardened earth and gemstones, roughly two or three times the size of the user, which can be used to block attacks for a short time.
- Children of Hades can conjure a set of very durable bone armor around themselves which grants enhanced protection against physical attacks. After a time, the armor grows brittle and falls off the user’s body.
- Children of Hades are able to communicate with and command the dead, and are able to sense spirits or other undead beings.
- Children of Hades are able to communicate with and command hellhounds they encounter.
- Children of Hades can sense when a mortal, half-blood, nymph/spirit that they know has died through a "buzzing" in their ears.
- Children of Hades are able to instantly destroy undead in a single attack.
- Children of Hades have the ability to Shadow Travel, to teleport from shadow to shadow; the further the distance, the more energy drained.
- Children of Hades have a heightened control over undead and can usurp dominance from others who control undead who aren’t also children of Hades.
- Children of Hades can telekinetically shape and control dead matter. The more matter moved, the more the user is drained.
- Children of Hades can perform rites to summon a specific ghost from the underworld for a time, using offerings of their choice. The more offerings given and the more specific they are to the intended ghost, the more likely they are to appear. Ghosts that have been granted reincarnation, or are trapped Tartarus or the Fields of Punishment, cannot be summoned.
- Children of Hades can bend shadows around them, concealing them for a short time.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hades are able to summon skeletal/zombie humanoids/animals to do their bidding. The more animals summoned and the bigger they are, the more energy is drained. Any armor/weaponry the undead possess increases the strain of the summoning. The undead can then be commanded telepathically their summoner. The longer they are summoned, the more the summoner is drained of their energy.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hades are to project their consciousness into any undead minion they command, taking direct control of their senses, movements and actions. However, their own body is left vulnerable for the duration.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hades are capable of entering into a contract with a willing soul, either prior to their death or after meeting them as a ghost. Once a contract is made, the user gains the ability to summon the spirit into an undead recreation of its former body, formed from the earth, to fight alongside them for a time. The undead would retain all of the skills and physical abilities they had in life, including weaker versions of any special powers. When the summoning ends, or the spirit's summoned body is destroyed, the user is left heavily drained and could possibly faint. Only one contract can be held at a time.
- Children of Hades have innate knowledge of the Underworld, able to guide themselves and allies to how to enter,explore and escape the Underworld. (as long as they aren’t already dead)
- Children of Hades tend to have dark attitudes and appreciate shadowy places.
- Children of Hades typically have an appreciation for the earth, feeling more comfortable on the ground rather than being in the sky or the sea.
- Children of Hades often grow up to make great morticians.