Vera is very energetic and bubbly, her ADHD causes her to be constantly moving or doing something. She has always very upbeat is also incredibly smart with a vast knowledge of self-defense after taking several martial arts classes because her mother knew she would need to know how to protect herself eventually. She does not wish to meet her father because she blames Apollo for the death of her mother believing he could have protected them. English is her first language but the Spanish thanks to her aunt and mom.
Victoria Bryant met Apollo when she was an EMT and he was a paramedic. She never saw Apollo around town until he showed up for work one day claiming to be Ben Slater, a student who recently finished his training. They were partnered in an ambulance and hit it off quickly, no one was surprised when Victoria announced she was pregnant but they were when Ben packed his things and left without a trace.
Vera was raised by her Tia (Aunt) and her mother in Arizona but was sent away to a boarding high school in New Jersey because of her severe dyslexia. Her mother's house burned down when she was 13 and visiting home for the summer, that was when she first used her healing powers on her Tia Camila who was severely burned. But still, Victoria died of serious burns and carbon dioxide poisoning.
Tia Camila taught Vera about the Greek gods as a child through books and various lullabies, and only after her sister had died Camila realized it was the work of possible fire-breathing horses. Vera was then forced to leave her only family behind so she could protect her aunt from any further danger caused by her being half-blood. There were more monster attacks while she was growing up but Vera's Tia always fended them off until the fire-breathing horse was too powerful. She asked and prayed to Apollo to shield Vera from getting attacked while she traveled, and it worked... For a little bit.
In New Jersey, she met a satyr named Willow who was tasked with making sure she set in well, but really she was sent by Apollo to make sure nothing bad happened to her not the school's dean. The second day of school a hellhound attempted to maul Vera but Willow used her pipes and it was swallowed up by a clump of weeds. Willow assured her it was just a big, mean dog. She also tried to convince Vera to run away from the school to a place she can be safe but Vera refused, saying in order to be like her mother she must ignore distractions and finish school.
When she was 14 a giant scorpion attacked her while she was playing basketball with some friends who ran away. Willow, as usual, ran to her rescue and told her to throw her ball at the scorpion's underside to hurt it. The giant scorpion finally it was too dazed to move.
On her 15th birthday, a harpy attempted to kill Vera while she was walking outside one morning without Willow by her side. It clawed her left shoulder before flying up and flying in circles above her. Before it could injure her father as a raven dropped a small gold ring at her foot before flying away into the rising sun. Literally. She put on the ring very confused and then proceeded to get even more puzzled when it grew into two lightweight throwing knives, both engraved with a sun. Willow saw Vera throw a blade at the harpy as it swooped down. It disintegrated into dust that sprinkled over Vera who was still confused.
Willow was now convinced that Vera could not go more than a year without a monster attack and told her friend about camp half-blood before taking her there. Vera turned 16 on her venture to Camp Half-Blood, she has been there for 3 days. She was claimed quickly after first entering the camp.
- Children of Apollo have the ability to conjure weapons out of pure light which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it.
- Children of Apollo have the ability to focus an intense beam of light which will burn anything it touches.
- Children of Apollo have the ability to create a protective dome of solid light around them which will defend them from attacks for a short time.
- Children of Apollo have the ability to quickly heal minor wounds and slowly heal major, but not fatal, wounds.
- Children of Apollo are innately proficient archers.
- Children of Apollo innately heal faster than the average human.
- Children of Apollo feel stronger during the day, empowered by the sun.
- Children of Apollo become slightly empowered when they are protecting those younger than them, as their father is the god of protection of the young
- Children of Apollo are able to use their voices to sing or simply yell at such a high pitch that it temporarily deafens anyone nearby, but it has the disadvantage of not differentiating between enemy or friends, the longer the pitch is maintained, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Apollo can teleport themselves by merging their body with sound waves and traveling along them. Which could be called "sound-travel". To do so, there must be a source of sound at where they're leaving and going to. Like someone's singing or any device that plays music. The user must be able to hear the source of sound they're traveling to. The further traveled, the more energy drained.
- Children of Apollo have the ability to create temporary light sources, similar to the concept of a flare, which will alight an area or blind enemies for a short time.
- Children of Apollo can curse someone to sing loudly for a fair amount of time, the target can fight and operate while singing. But they cannot hide and could suffer from a sore throat over time.
|Victoria Bryant||Mother||Vera misses her dearly and wishes she could see her again|
|Apollo||Father||Absolutly despises him. He could have saved Victoria but didn't.|
|Tia Camilia||Aunt||Misses her as well but hopes to contact her soon.|