He has some scars on his wrists from cutting himself. He is about 6 feet. He usually can be found wearing dark clothes, mainly blacks and dark blues.
He tries to seem a bit happy but it’s obvious that he is usually very depressed. He rarely smiles and usually seems distant. He also has a great dislike for therapists or anyone who tries to force him to talk about his emotions. He is gay, but he gets a bit nervous when telling people. He also prefers to be called Will and gets a bit upset when people call him William
Jessica is a very skilled coroner. She met Thanatos on a business trip through work. It was love at first sight for Jessica, and she was really happy when Thanatos followed her home. They fell in love and eventually slept together. That went on for a few months and eventually Jessica got pregnant. When she told Thanatos, she hoped that he would propose to her. But instead the next day he just got all of his stuff while she was at work and just left.
When William was born his mother started to work extra shifts to keep them feed and in the apartment. Eventually when William turned 7 his mother had started to drink to deal with her troubles. She also started to beat him while she was drunk, while yelling at him that it was his entire fault for Thanatos leaving. By the time William turned 12 his mother was usually drunk when she was home and he was beaten daily. By the time he was 13 he started to cut himself. A teacher found out and forced him to go see a therapist. William hated going to the therapist and refused to go. Eventually his mother just didn’t bother with it.
By the time he was 14 he started to see strange things, though he kept it to himself out of fear of being forced to see a therapist. Also one day when he was walking home from school he noticed this very muscular guy wearing a hat pulled down to cover most of his face, following him. William hurried home but by the time he got to his house then man was gone.
Eventually his teachers had noticed bruises on his body and contacted social services and they came to the house. Social services found out that William was being beat by his mother and they took him to a foster home. William was never happy in the foster home, and on his 16th birthday he was planning on running away.
A few days before his 16th birthday he was walking to the foster home from school again and he noticed the same man from a couple of years before. William got a little bit scared and tried to get home as fast as possible. The big muscular guy quickly caught up and it looked like he was changing into a Cyclopes. Luckily the satyr that had been watching William for a couple of years saw this and was able to hit the Cyclopes over the head confusing it enough for the satyr to get William to safety.
The satyr explained that William was a demigod, and that they needed to get to a place called Camp Half-Blood. Since they were close to William’s foster home, William ran in and get a bag of clothes that he had already packed as well as the keys to the car to “borrow” it. The satyr drives William down to Long Island, and then they park on the side of the rode and walk the rest of the way to the camp border. As William crosses he hopes that this will be a new start to his life.
- Children of Thanatos can use astral energies to make weapons for a short period of time, the larger the weapon, the more energy consumed. Only 1 weapon may be created at a time and it cannot be bigger than 2 or 3 times the size of the user.
- Children of Thanatos have the ability to drain some of the life force out of a person, so that they become weaker, slower, and almost sedated for a short time. However, using this in succession will weaken the power’s effect.
- Children of Thanatos have the ability to conjure a protective dome of astral energies around them, which will protect the user from attacks for a short time.
- Children of Thanatos can sense any death, whether it be mortal, demigod,nymph or monster.
- Children of Thanatos can communicate with the souls of the recently deceased.
- Children of Thanatos heal slightly every time they deal damage to their opponents.
- Children of Thanatos are able to see the lifespan of others, but are forbidden to share information about the lifespan in any way.
- Children of Thanatos have the ability to Shadow Travel, to teleport from shadow to shadow; the further the distance, the more energy drained.
- Children of Thanatos are able to call forth recently deceased spirits to aide them for a short time.
- Children of Thanatos are able to enchant weapons with soul-damaging powers, the effect only lasts for a short time.
- Children of Thanatos can bend shadows around them, concealing them for a short time.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Thanatos are able to feast on the darkness around them and empower themselves for a short time, enhancing their strength and speed. After the effect wears off, the user will be somewhat worn out and unable to use the power again for the rest of the fight.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Thanatos have the ability to temporarily split their souls in order to create a duplicate of themselves to aid them in combat. This duplicate and can only fight using whatever weapon the user has and possesses a weaker version of their powers. The user and the duplicate will possess a telepathic link. The longer the duplicate is maintained, the more energy is drained.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Thanatos have the ability to morph into a spirit for a short time. Whilst in this state, they are invisible (except to those gifted with powers over necromancy), intangible, able to fly, and their powers over astral energies and necromancy are enhanced. Though they are intangible by default, they can make themselves tangible to attack others or if they wish to be seen. If they attempt to attack anyone while still intangible they will automatically become visible and tangible. While in this state they are also able to drain the life-force of anyone they touch to a slight extent, however they cannot completely drain the life-force of the person. The user is extremely drained once the transformation ends, unable to move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Thanatos generally have morbid personalities.
- Children of Thanatos are generally not frightened of death.
- Children of Thanatos normally prefer the idea of a quiet, peaceful death. They also tend to dislike the idea of people losing their lives violently.
- Children of Thanatos can grow up to make great morticians.