- Children of Pandia have the ability to form weapons out of pure moonlight which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. Non-combative objects can also be made out of this, but cannot generate any electricity as moonlight does not have any working parts.
- Children of Pandia have the ability to focus an intense beam of moonlight which will burn anything it touches.
- Children of Pandia have the ability to create a protective dome of pure solid moonlight which will defend them from attacks for a short time.
- Children of Pandia have the ability to bend the moonlight around them, concealing them for a short time. If the child attacks while in this state, it automatically wears off. So the power is purely defensive.
- Children of Pandia can see perfectly at night as if it were day.
- Children of Pandia are innately stronger at night.
- Children of Pandia have the ability to generate moonlight to shine so bright that it can blind the beholders for a short period of time or just light up areas for allies, depending on how bright it is. They can create sources of moonlight from a distance and command them to maintain it’s form for a moderate time, but the light cannot be bright enough to harm anyone’s eyes to exist that long.
- Children of Pandia have the ability to use the gravity pull of the moon to slow down enemies giving them a high chance to avoid an opponent’s attack or prevent an opponent from avoiding one of the user’s attacks.
- Children of Pandia are able to telekinetically move water at a high rate, since the moon has power over the tides. The larger amount of water used, the more energy it drains.
- Children of Pandia have the ability to Moonlight Travel, to merge with natural moonlight or moonlight they created themselves and teleport to another source of moonlight. The further the distance traveled, the more energy is drained.
- As their mother was the goddess of the nourishing dew, children of Pandia have the ability to force the temperature within a 15 meter radius of them to reach dew point, condensing all the atmospheric water vapour into water droplets and drenching those in the vicinity. The user is immune to the attack, but their allies are endangered.
3 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Pandia receive an enhancement in their powers over gravity. They can enchant themselves, others and nearby objects to become detached from gravity for a short time. People who aren’t willingly freed from gravity can only float a few feet into the air, while the user and their allies can completely fly at their own will. Items under the enchantment can also be crushed by intensifying gravity’s hold on them. They cannot use this to perform overwhelming feats such as crushing buildings.
6 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Pandia can turn their moonlight into tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence; however, only up to 4 combative/non-combative items or 1 semi-living construct can be conjured at a time and it cannot be larger than roughly 3 times the size of the one that conjured it. Tools may be telekinetically moved by the user’s mind. The longer they maintain combative/non combative items and semi-living constructs, the more it drains their energy, so they are more limited for the time they can keep these things cohesive.
9 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Pandia have the ability to shed their flesh into pure moonlight, granting them the ability to fly and everything they touch intensely burns. Their existing lunakinetic abilities are stronger in this state. The longer they maintain this form, the more energy it drains. When they revert back to their original form, they are drained greatly and cannot even move or could even faint from exhaustion.
- Children of Pandia are typically more active during night time especially when the moon is full. Also being in better moods at night and disliking the day.
- Children of Pandia often grow up to make great astrologists and enjoy studying constellations.
- Children of Pandia have been known to take interest in ayurvedic practices due to its association with astrology.
- Children of Pandia nearly always have innate knowledge on the phases of the moon. Ex: They'd be able to tell if the following night will have a full moon and when a new moon will begin.
They chatted the whole day in the café, until it was dinner time and dad, again invited her, but this time to a romantic restaurant. After dating for a few days, one thing led to another, and well, I was beautifully conceived in between the smell of wine and cheap perfume. As dad told me, the next day, she told him that she was fired from the photography company, and that she needed to move to another place. He got really sad and felt depressed for some months. Until one fatefull day, a basket was put inside his flat. He looked inside it, and there was a girl sleeping with a note that said all the truth, except, now I know it exists, the camp. Along with it was a watch that could either transform into a short sword or the three throwing knives. He couldn't forget mom; he never did.
When I lived in London for my first 8 years, I was normal. Kind of. Just 8. First, my life has been full of sorrows. I do have some mental issues and disorders, according to my psychologist, Dr. Fritz, who lives in Chicago. At the time when I was 8 and lived in London, no one knew, but then my dad had me go check myself with another doctor and the results said I was ADHD and had dyslexia.
Dad married a woman. She only wanted his money, but he was too blind to see it. Even I, an 8 year old could see it. But he was in trance. She knew I knew this, so she decided to hate me. When with my father, she loved me. Without him, I was no more than a dead rat. Her name was Pat. She was so mean to him, little did I know that she was also a demigod: a mighty daughter of Aphrodite. Then, suddenly, when I was 9, dad "mysteriously dissapeared".
I stood four months alone, waiting for the investigation to end. It ended with him being found dead in a sewer, and to top it off, when the autopsy took place, it was assured that his death wasn't even for drowning or infection, he had his throat slit in the jugular vein with a very small knife, that's why I say: really "mysterious". Many honourable detectives studied the case, with no luck. They always said the crime scene was "too clean". After that, Pat suddenly changed. She started to talk with me to give me advice. She stopped being my stepmother and started to be my mom.
After some time, when I was 12, I found a little chest, with an intact small knife when sneaking in her secret stuff, and in the tip, there was blood. She probably kept it because of regret, or any reason a girl would do it, I don't even understand girls. Very carefully, with a small needle, I took a sample of the blood, and asked a favor to Jaisy, the house maiden to take the sample to a laboratory and make DNA tests. I even paid her from my money that I had extracted previously from my bank account to pay for the tests. Since she and me met even before dad married Pat, she totally trusted me, so she didn't complain. After the tests, we found out that the DNA was really similar to mine. I realized what had really happened: she had killed dad and she took pity on me, that's why she started treating me well.
Anyway, I forgave her, and acted like I never knew. She even put me into girl scouts, were I got a knife, but somehow, I don't know, call me crazy, but I knew I needed more training than that, so I started training myself: I saved my knife and went to the girl scouts again and faked that I lost my knife, so they gave me another one. I did the same thing again, and finally, I had three knives, so I learnt how to throw them, which would help me a lot later on.
Pat married with someone else, who was an actor, I suspected that she might've done the same with him, as she did with my dad. But then I realized they both loved each other, and I couldn't help but to be happy for them. His name was Sean Gunstripe, and "mom" (as I started to call her) always told him that I was her real daughter. Amazingly, he treated me really good, we would go to the ice cream together, he would attend to my school projects (mom couldn't go since she started working), he would like me the way I was. Little did I know that those would be my happy years, soon to realize they had gone so fast, they would run away from me, and I awaiting for the sadness to come... again. Maybe Sean was the best thing that could've happened to me: to have a whole, happy family, like I never had, but one thing was for sure: he would never replace my father.
On my 13th birthday, my mom's gift triggered the end of my childhood. She gave me the watch, she told me I would use it when I needed help (apparently dad had told her I was a demigod), she told me to keep it always with me, and to press any button when I faced danger, and, oh danger did come. But only until I was walking home when I was coming back from school, and well, I saw a very big dog with... what was it? Ummm... maybe intentions to kill me... oh yeah that's it. Well now I know it was a hell hound. I decided to press the right button and instantly, three throwing knives appeared, one in each side of my jeans, and one in my hand. Perfect, I thought. After some time of dodging and hoping my life wouldn't end, I realized that the hell hound was moving in a pattern, I used it to my advantage and threw a knife to its feet, just a distraction. Then when it screamed in pain, I threw another to its mouth, making him angrier. and finally to its heart, then it dissolved into golden dust and I retrieved my knives. I didn't tell anybody, probably, because people would think I was crazy. But mom may have noticed, because just a day after we moved to Austin TX, without even packing. In school I met a guy named Jake, he seemed quite a wallflower. But I liked him. We befriended and after some time we became a couple. Then we needed to move again to Chicago. So I went to another school, where I met another guy named November, now, he was really popular, and good looking. Everybody called him Nove. I liked him as well, but not physically, he was really kind to me, and gave up popularity to be my friend.
I had another attack at almost 15 years: two fire breathing horses, but this time I was with mom, and tried to change my style, I pressed the right button, this time a short sword appeared, it was comfortable, but I hadn't trained with it, so it was difficult to use it. We got to kill one, but the second one was tricky. He breathed fire on my face, but I got to dodge it, then I killed him by stabbing the sword in its neck. I turned back in victory to mom, but she was in the floor with her face burnt. It was all my fault, when I dodged, it killed her, if I only used the knives again, this wouln't have happened. "Mom, are you fine?" I managed to say through the tears."No Aria dear, my time has come, for being a demigod I lived long enough..."she said. "A-a what? mom, you can't die, you-". "Aria, we are demigods, I'm a daughter of Aphrodite, and you are a daughter of Pandia, your father told me this. You must survive and go to camp, many dangers await Aria, make my death be worth it." she said. "Mom I can't, we must go to a hospital, you are -". "Aria, I've waited for this my whole life: a honorable death, if you want to help me, leave me here, tell Sean that I love him. And Aria, you must go to Camp Half Blood, please do this for me, I want you to live-" she stopped, and a word never ame out of her. "Mom? Mom? Mom! please don't go" I cried and kissed her in the cheek. Not able to make her wake up from that long dream I would also fall into one day.
After that I lived alone with Sean, still good with me, but not as happy as before. I would normally hang out with Nove and tell him all, the only person I trusted besides Sean. Then suddenly I started hearing a voice inside my head. Suggesting bad things and making me believe nonsense. My mood started to swing dramatically in matters of seconds and I started not finishing tasks or speaking too fast. That's when Sean took me to have some tests. Almost same as before: ADHD, dyslexia. But I had two new things: Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. I am the recipe for disaster. I am a potential psychopath.
A few weeks ago, when Nove was bringing me home we saw two harpies. We killed them like we were made to fight along each other. That's when we kissed for the first time. We explained each other that we were demigods. We explained our darkest secrets. He had gone to a camp last summer called Camp Half Blood. When I heard that, I got in shock and started to shake violently, then everything went black.When I woke up, I was at home in the living room with both Nove and Sean at my sides. "Aria, I've already told Sean the truth, you should come to camp" Nove said. "Aria, it's fine by me, if you must go, go" Sean said. I hugged him goodbye, and packed some clothes and provisions. Since Sean was an actor, we were rich, so, we got a flight to NYC. In our way to camp, we saw an empousa when we were almost there and killed her, leaving a gash in Nove's right shoulder, I got to cure him with the first-aid kit. We got to camp today. And I am finally here at camp. I am here.