Son of Melinoe • Head Counsellor
I see dumb people. Camp Half-Blood Joined January 2016 1Following 128kFollowers
History @GhoulishAshe • Jan 8
On the 11th of January, Seol Jae-wook, a 25 year old living in Daegu, South Korea decided to go adventuring, looking for a one night stand. Nothing more, nothing less. And thus, dressing nicely, Jae-wook began to set out to find any good looking man, woman, didn’t matter. Wandering the streets for a while, Jae-wook found 2 beautiful, young ladies entering a nearby club.
Taking an interest, Jae-wook went into action. Once successfully making it inside the club, the young man began scouting for the young ladies and once finding the duo, he began to introduce himself and get to know the girls. One girl had pale, porcelain skin with dark eyes. Her long hair was what stood out the most; the left side was black while the right side was white. The other girl had healthy, olive skin with light eyes and medium brown hair. A couple hours of talking and persuading, one girl wouldn’t leave without the other, Jae-wook decided to take both girls home. Never, in his life, Jae-wook would expect something like this, but he liked it. Once arriving in Jae-wook’s apartment, the 3 immediately got intimate with each other.
Although Jae-wook didn’t exactly remember what happened specifically after that, around 4 months later, a knock on his front door surprised him. At his doorstep was a basket with 2 children inside and a note attached to the basket saying something along of the lines of:
“Dear Jae-wook, if you remember the women you slept with around 4 months back, they were the goddesses Melinoe and Persephone. I understand that this is quite burdensome, but the children in basket are yours. I’m sorry it had to be this way. Please take good care of your children. Sincerely, Melione and Persephone”
Running a hand through his hair, Jae-wook thought about it and decided to take responsibility of the children in the basket. For the first 3 years of Jae-wook’s children’s lives, one boy named Bong-Gyoo and another boy named Hyeong, the two boys were attached at the hip. Wherever one went, the other followed thus causing concern for some parents. The siblings also went through a “Mine” phase. Whenever a child got too close to one of the siblings, the other one would grab onto them and tell the other child, “mine”. It concerned Jae-wook, but considering their age, Jae-wook merely thought it was a phase. Oh, how wrong he was.
During the course of the years, the Seol siblings never left each other’s sides and refused to go anywhere without the other, which often caused some teasing from the children. At home, the siblings would be a little more touchy with each other, hugging often, innocent kisses on the cheek, etc. which Jae-wook didn’t like very much, but didn’t put much thought into it, telling himself it was a phase. The two would always seclude themselves from any other kids, focusing on each other and their growing affection for each other, even giving each other cute nicknames. Hyeong’s nickname for Bong-Gyoo would be Bonggie and Bong-Gyoo’s nickname for Hyeong would be Hyeonggie.
As much as the children enjoyed their bliss and company, around age 11, as the two were playing in the park and Jae-wook was trying to discuss about his children to other parents, Hyeong ran head first into a suspicious and large dog, causing Hyeong to scream in terror. Jae-wook turned his attention to his sons, face to face with a vicious looking dog and Bong-Gyoo grabbing him, pulling him away from the dog. Jae-wook immediately sprang into action, grabbing his children and rushing them back home. Jae-wook didn’t stick around long enough to know what exactly happened to that dog, that hellhound, but he didn’t care. The only thing on his mind was to protect his children. What happened to the hellhound? The hellhound tried to chase after the duo, but was stopped by a demigod and, was eventually, killed.
Uninformed to the siblings, Jae-wook had planned for months about moving to the states where he thought it’ll be better for, not only his sake, but for his children’s. Now, not only were other kids bullying and harassing the siblings, but now rabid dogs attacking his children? This became too much for Jae-wook, and about a month later, Jae-wook packed up everything and moved to New York, in an apartment complex in a rather uneventful neighborhood not far from the school.
Ever since the incident with the hellhound, the two were even more stuck together since they were afraid of the same thing happening again. Once arriving to the states. Jae-wook managed to change their names legally, as if he didn’t want to be reminded of his time spent in Daegu. Jae-wook became Phoenix, Bong-Gyoo became Orso and Hyeong became Ashe. The siblings, although it’ll take time for them getting used to their new names, seemed to like it but didn’t stop them from using their birth names and nicknames for each other when alone. Unfortunately, a monster attacked them every year, but managed to escape, either hiding or running and managing to outrun the monsters.
At age 14, after narrowly escaping another monster attack and finding shelter in their own home, it wasn’t until a few minutes passed that the siblings realized that they were home alone. Growing up, they only had each other, so being uncomfortable around each other wasn’t a problem. But weren’t siblings suppose to fight? Why didn’t they? Was it because they felt something a little more than just being siblings? Well, it wasn’t until they brushed lips that something just felt… right. Once they started, they couldn’t stop. It wasn’t until the sound of the door opening and their father shouting that he was home that they pulled away, but they both decided that they really enjoyed it and it wasn’t going to be the last time they did that.
Since then, the two became closer and refused to be with anyone else, clinging onto each other more than usual. The school that they attended was a private school, and the fact the two never left each other’s side, they weren’t exactly accepted with the other kids. They were often teased about how close they were and how much time they spent together, but the siblings really didn’t care. Their father was still concerned about how close they were, considering they never really acted like normal siblings, but it’s been going on for so long now that their father just saw it as normal behavior. Aside from that, with each passing year, the two were chased down by ravenous monsters. Luckily, they didn’t seem to follow them for very long, as long as they stuck together, that’s all that mattered.
Things really changed when they were 16. It was no secret that these two felt something than just being brothers. But, Orso was sick of all the fluffy, cutesy stuff, so he planned on changing their relationship for good. Once night fell, as the sibling were still up and their father had gone to bed, Orso’s plan started as fluffy and innocent, but quickly became much more intimate and extreme and led to sex. Orso seemed to love it while Ashe, although enjoying it, had mixed feelings about it. He didn’t know his exact feelings for his brother and was confused and conflicted. Nevertheless, neither one of them regretted it.
A year later, the Seol brothers weren’t rather acquainted with the city since they didn’t venture outside often, so they decided to explore. With a bit of wandering around in their neighborhood, , a small group of demigods led by a couple of nymphs and satyrs were on their way to camp when a satyr caught their scent. Breaking from the group, the satyr continued to follow the scent and found the two. The duo were confused when the satyr said they, “caught their scent”, so she explained that they were demigods and they weren’t safe out in the open.
Before either sibling could ask, “why”, a giant scorpion appeared. The saytr ordered they were to follow her. They ran and luckily, the group of demigods weren’t too far. As the saytr began taking the new demigods to camp, the nymphs and elder demigods stayed behind to kill the scorpion. Once arriving at camp, and out of breath, the siblings were claimed by Melinoe and Persephone.
Powers @GhoulishAshe • Jan 8
- Children of Melinoe can create weapons made of solid ectoplasm in order to aid them in combat. Only one weapon may exist at a time ,the longer the weapons are maintained, the more energy is drained. They can also coat their existing weapons in ectoplasm in order to temporarily strengthen them.
- Children of Melinoe can send shockwave-like blasts made of solid ectoplasmic energy which feel like a very powerful punch on contact, also momentarily stunning whoever it contacts.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to become intangible for short periods; making them immune to attacks but also unable to attack naturally.
- Children of Melinoe are able to manipulate the tangibility of ghosts around them to form a shield, that is no larger than the user, to protect themselves.
- Children of Melinoe are innately able to talk to and command ghosts, they can also help ghosts with any unfinished business that is keeping them tethered. They can also use this ghost to spy for them, or gather information.
- Children of Melinoe make the people around them uneasy and sometimes fearful as a result of their ghostly aura; they can turn this off for a long time if they desire.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to summon a single poltergeist which will fight for them for a short time.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to summon a banshee, which will instantly begin wailing and stun anyone who is not intangible for a short time before vanishing.
- Children of Melinoe, while intangible, can travel in this manner as a ghost would, disappearing and appearing in another location, however the longer the travel the more it drains the user.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to transform a weapon into an intangible state for a short time, making it so no one can touch it. They also have the ability to possess an object for a short time and then attack or defend with it. If the object is struck, they are expelled from it.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to cause ghosts (up to 4) to attempt to possess a single other person’s body. The ghosts can then be commanded to temporarily control the body if it is an ally, or for an opponent the ghosts will only be able to hinder the possessed person from what they are doing. This only lasts for a short time, and the more ghosts that are summoned, the greater drain the user feels.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to shed their human nature and appear as either a demon or angel, as their mother has dual chthonian and heavenly aspects. As a demon, the user has the ability to strike fear and despair into the heart of the enemy and emit a scream similar to that of a banshee's. As an angel, the user is granted flight (as angels are often depicted as having wings), and have the ability to instil respect and peace into whomever they come in contact with. The use of this power is extremely draining, and the user can only chose to be either angel or demon, never a combination of the two. After use, the user cannot use the power again for 24 hours.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to enter a intangible ghostly apparition, in this state, they are immune to attacks, and can control up to 15 ghosts at a time. In this state they are also able to use ghostly power to lift, throw, move, teleport, or possess objects; They are also able to command another ghosts to possess an object, and control the movements of that object through the ghost possessing it. This ghostly state only lasts for a short time, and after exiting it, the user will be drained and unable to move, or possibly faint. However, the amount of ghosts the user controlled in this state, will attempt to protect the user for a small portion of the time that the user is incapacitated.
- Children of Melinoe usually enjoy talking to ghosts, preferring their company over the living.
- Children of Melinoe often have two sided personalities, one angelic and bright. The other demonic and dark.
- Children of Melinoe typically enjoy scaring people and are not easily frightened themselves
- Children of Melinoe sometimes grow up to be paranormal investigators.
Relationships @GhoulishAshe • Jan 8
Gallery @GhoulishAshe • Jan 8
Custom Trivia @GhoulishAshe • Jan 8