Austin was born to Amelia "Amy" Irving. She never talked about his father and never cared for Austin. Though she raised him, she did not care about him. On a rainy day, Austin started the conversation about his father. Amy sighed and started her story about her relationship with his father.
Ten years ago, Amy met Palaemon (who introduce himself as Richard Dalton) when she was a surfer. The man took a liking to her but she spurned his request for a date. The shark god, one day got very frustrated with her. One day, when she was swimming, she was assaulted by Palaemon. Later, Amy found out that she was pregnant. She tried to abort the baby but it did not work. Soon, Austin was born. Amy's parents was angry and ended up disowning her. She managed to work a secretary soon afterwards.
That night, three masked men appeared in Austin's house. Amy and Austin were taken near a cliff. The men shot Amy in the head. Realizing that the boy knows their secrets, he was thrown into the sea. Palaemon taking pity on him, summoned a group of sharks to save him. Though extremely terrified, he managed to stay calm. He arrived at the bottom of the sea, meeting Palaemon, his father. The shark god explained to him everything. Palaemon managed to pacify him from his recent traumatic events (seeing his mother killed and saved by blue sharks).
Two sharks dragged him to safety to the shore equipped with a Celestial Bronze machete. After the arrest of the murderers, He was adopted by Harriet, a policewoman (daughter of Hephaestus). Later, when he was at school, a girl in his science class transformed into a snake woman (Scythian Dracanae). She tried to kill him only to be saved by Derek, the school janitor. He told Austin to come with him.
Derek spoke about Camp, the place where people like him were able to be protected. They arrived at their house. Harriet took out a battleax and killed the snake woman. Harriet agreed to let him to go to Camp. But she would have to follow him. They soon arrived at Camp after troubles with harpies and Cyclopes. He is imubed with the Bull shark.
Austin is energetic. He is very communicative. He loves to fool around and laugh. It's his idea of fun. He is imaginative and creative. He tends to be very balanced and unbiased like a Themis or Nemesis kid. He can be moody, hot-tempered, snappy, uncontrollable and angry. Like his shark form, he can be very aggressive and unpredictable.
Adamance is a Celestial Bronze machete given by Harriet before she left. He also has a bow and quiver of Celestial Bronze arrows.
- Children of Palaemon have the ability to grow multiple rows of shark teeth and then dislocate their jaws in order to attack with them.
- Children of Palaemon are able to tap into primal shark instincts which allows them to attack with enhanced speed and ferocity. However, this ability can often lose to loss of self-control and only lasts for a short time.
- Children of Palaemon can become thick skinned like a shark while in human form which causes them to be resistant to physical attacks.
- Children of Palaemon have the ability to create a defensive shield made from the electroreceptive energies they perceive around them for a short time (sharks have the ability to detect eletrical stimuli around them).Due to the electrical nature of the shield, if anyone comes in contact with it they would receive an electric shock.
- Children of Palaemon can innately breathe underwater and everything they touch in their human form, stays or becomes dry in water, unless they want to become wet.
- Children of Palaemon, can survive falling from high altitudes as long as they land in water, they can also go as deep into the ocean as they desire without any effects from the water pressure.
- Children of Palaemon have the ability to hear prey or enemies from many miles away, as sharks have extremely sharp senses of hearing
- Children of Palaemon are normally affected by blood and when they smell it much like a shark. They will normally go into a frenzied rage and attack whoever is at the source of the blood. If the target is an ally, they can resist the urges through sheer willpower.
- Children of Palaemon have the ability to summon sharks and command them. The more sharks summoned/commanded and the bigger they are, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Palaemon are able to transform into any currently living species of shark while underwater. The longer they remain in this form, the more energy it drains; and the longer the break they need between transformations.
- As Palaemon was also a sea god, his children have the ability to Water Travel, a sort of teleportation; the further the distance, the more is energy drained, and there must be a substantial amount of water at both ends.
- Children of Palaemon have a degree of control over water, but not to the extent of a child of Poseidon. They can manipulate water to be used as a shield or move water to fire a water blast of high pressure. And they can telekinetically move it with their mind. The longer they maintain control over water, the more energy is drained.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Palaemon have the ability to transform the surrounding area into a harbor as their father was the patron god of harbors. Whilst this harbor is in use, the user can fight in its waters and have their existing powers enhanced substantially. The harbor that the user creates can vary in size, and the larger the harbor is the more it drains the user. After the user relinquishes hold on the harbor they are somewhat drained and the power may only be used once in a fight.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Palaemon can materialize semi-living water constructs that take the form of sharks. The constructs have the strength and instincts of normal sharks. They can float around in the air and will follow the commands of the user. They can summon up to 3 sharks, such as Great Whites or Hammerheads, or up to 7 smaller ones such as a cookie cutter sharks. The bigger they are and the longer they stay solid, the more energy is drained. Once the user dismisses the sharks, they are somewhat drained and the water sharks dissipate into harmless puddles of water.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Palaemon can morph their bodies into a humanoid shark form, in this form their strength is doubled. Their skin becomes durable as in Defensive 1. Their skeletons turn into cartilage, much like that of a sharks, so that they become more flexible and their bones more resilient. This can aid them in fights as it halves the weight of their bones, making them lighter on their feet and faster as they have less weight to move around. Also their existing Hydrokinetic abilities become stronger. Once the user reverts to their normal form, they are quite drained and will struggle to move or stay conscious.
- Children of Palaemon, usually prefer to be near and/or in the water.
- Children of Palaemon, generally enjoy water sports, and are excellent swimmers.
- Children of Palaemon are normally talented at chasing and hunting their prey.
- Children of Palaemon tend to be much more comfortable than other people with swimming in the ocean because they are not frightened by sharks.