Bituin ✨ @starsabove constant as the stars above, always know that you are loved Beddgelert, Wales Joined October 2014 2Following 1kFollowers
History @starsabove • Oct 14
Bituin was created as one of the many handmaidens of Asteria. She faithfully served her mistress and would attend to her needs. Even though she was a shy one, she was became fairly close to her fellow star nymphs, particularly one nymph named Ginevra whom she affectionately called Ginny.
Bituin continued to serve Asteria for a year and a half, until that one fateful day.
When Asteria noticed that she's beginning to have too many handmaidens, she decided that on random times, she would send a Star Nymph to Earth and would sometimes send a whole group. Ginevra and Bituin hoped that they wouldn't be sent to Earth since they were happy being with their mistress.
Their wish didn't come true since Bituin was chosen to be sent to Earth while Ginevra stayed behind. Having no other choice, Bituin went to Earth, promising Ginevra that she would always Iris-Message her.
Bituin was sent to Camp Half-Blood where she lived in the Nymph Sanctuary. She still has her shy personality and had difficulty opening up.
Powers @starsabove • Oct 14
- They know all of the stars and constellations in the night sky
- They can tell the time, date, and their location simply by looking at the sky.
- They have the ability to summon miniature stars which can be thrown like a weapon; the stars, however, dissipate quickly.
- They are able to turn into pure star light for a short time during the night or during the day if in the presence of Astraeus or Asteria or one of their children. While in this state, the user is granted flight and immune to all attacks; however, once the user changes back they will be extremely drained and immobile for a long time.
- They have the ability to summon a cluster of miniature stars directly in front of them which can be used to block incoming attacks; the stars, however, dissipate quickly.
- They have the ability to create temporary light sources, similar to concept of a flare, which will alight an area for a short time.
- They can see perfectly in the night as if it were day.
- When the stars are out, they always know their location.
- They are innately stronger during the night.
- As they are nymphs they do not age, remaining eternally young.
- Star Nymphs are generally not connected to a specific star so their life force is not as at risk as that of a tree or flower nymph. However, they can still be killed in battle or of serious injuries.
- They have a telepathic/empathetic connection with nature and other nymphs.
Relationships @starsabove • Oct 14
Gallery @starsabove • Oct 14
Custom Trivia @starsabove • Oct 14