In light of this demotion vote for wind due to his lack of activity and having given no notice of inactivity. I feel that as the Crat is the highest position on the wiki, and that Crats lead departments, that we need a seamless transition from one to another. It is paramount to the smooth functioning of our wiki. I feel that Brocky has always shown maturity and good leadership skills. He's active, responsible, he's worked heavily in the AD department even while in GS. He's always given notice of inactivity and has never been for any reason (this actually isn't the first time wind has had a demotion vote for lack of dept edits or 0 activity with 0 notice) forcefully demoted with a vote.
with only 11 users to vote (as wind probs won't be voting, and brock can't vote for himself), this currently needs only 1 more 'for' vote to pass with majority.
So as you all may or may not know, Bach has stepped down from her position as bureaucrat, to take a less involved role of regular user. Bach has given me her best regards and wishes for me to be her replacement. Bach will be around to help lead and guide me as I begin to take over all of the things that she used to manage while she was bureaucrat. I hope to serve you all well... to attest to what I've been doing, would be simply not enough, as I can only hope to tell you of what I will accomplish during my time as bureaucrat of the General Services department.
- YAS SLAY *slaps and kicks C:*
In light of Slay stepping down, we need a new head of General Support and I'm nomming Hydro for the role as I feel he'd fit the role perfectly. He's had his downs when he first joined but since then he's come a long way as to prove he's a model user who cares about this wiki. He's helping massively with the powers and I'm sure he'd be able to help with anything that comes his way. Although I'm sure we'd all hate to admit it, Hydro's responsible and worked hard to get where he is, proving he can do it. All I can really say is, if he gets it, I'm sure we all know that GS is in good hands.
- Time Waits For No Man. Come, Let Us Dwell On The Past.
- Well, he has improved by quite a great amount
- YAY. To be honest, I feel that you have all rights to nag the position.
With slay stepping down, we need a new GS leader like oli said. i think oli would make a great crat. he's nice, caring and all that jazz. ik he cares about the wiki just as much as i do, so if i lose and he gets crat. i'd know for a fact that we'd be in good hands. He's agreed to help immensively with the god pages Gruff's upgrading. AND i'm sure he'll still help with contests.
Okay I know I know I'm like the late runner here but I've been here quite a long time and it's been my dream for like a long time as well ahaha. So well basically I'm here just to see if I get it and if not what I need to work on to be in the running if Oli or Hydro ever step down, get demoted etc. I know I'm probably not the best admin in the world, but I'm kinda trying to change that hem >.< but I mean I'm really just here for the constructive criticism and more or less just to see what happens. I can code pretty well and I tend to be in chat a lot. I try and help new users when I can and rarely I even decide to check claims, as well as going through the candidates for deletion and uncategorized pages, pictures etc page and trying to categorize them. So yeah, I know I won't get it but idk might as well try when I have the chance. (Like if Hydro gets it GS crat will be filled for like ever so best try when it's open >.<) OH and I also updated the user/char list thing so that you can sort it like alphabetically etc.
- I know Oli and Hydro will probably kill me, but I think you (Wonde) have the best temperament for a job as Crat and so my vote goes to you. User:Bird of Winter/sigcoding2
- I might get talked bad about this but I've explained my reasoning to Hydro in PM and as I mentioned to him, when I made the nom I thought only of his good points and that I'd prefer to have my whole views reflected on my vote and I know Wonder has said she'd do a lot of she'd get it and I believe she was the most welcoming personality out of the three of us, just to name some qualities.
- You got my vote <3 Kat
yeah if i don't get it, as long as oli or wonder try their hardest. i'd be happy~
So, in light of Hydro stepping down, I’m nominating Oli for the next GS crat. He is a hard worker and is full of ideas (trust me I’ve heard about a lot of them >.<) He’s welcoming to new users and also patient with people who have a harder time adjusting to wiki life. I feel that he is a good choice for crat because he can help move the wiki forward and also keep it alive for a long time. I don’t think that inactivity is really an issue with him, so that’s not something that anyone needs to worry about.
- «Cörey» 23:56, October 12, 2014 (UTC)
Hello, hello, hi. I'm Wonder everyone favourite procrastinating admin *coughiwishcough* and yes by the looks of it I am indeed nominating myself for bureaucrat. To be honest I was pondering on doing this for a while until I just decided to do it, after getting a lot of egging on from a few people, most prominently PJO and Jerbear.
I will admit I'm not the hardest of workers but I feel like I heavily make up for that in other areas (I mean, other people probably don't see these things in me but I do >.<). I'm a dedicated, long serving member of the wiki, I joined 18th July 2011 and haven't been THAT inactive, I only took a 3 month break in October-January 2011-2012 for reasons and have been somewhat active (especially in chat) since and to add to my long stay on the wiki I've seen the range of users (everything from ghost to bach to comic to soa to tbua to kari to wise >.<) and can easily identify trolls and the such. I also like to think of myself as friendly and inviting to users as well as helpful (when I'm not in a bad mood that is ofc) to them, especially to newbies and slightly less capable users. I can code to an okay extent and know some CSS, although not much. I'm friends with a lot of the people in the GS department, and from what I can see the feeling is mutual so we'll all get on like a happy family. I mean I guess I'm creative? Though I have been told on several occasions that some of my ideas do need to be tweaked to make sense but I mean it's rare to not get an idea that never changes.
I can hold my opinion in debates and often find subjects to vote upon and debates as well, so well I hope you at least consider me for bureaucrat although the chances are slim of me getting it and well good luck to oli? I'm really bad at conclusions, apologies. >.<
- See comment.
- Wonder and Wind are convincing people :/
- 16:55, October 14, 2014 (UTC)
- I lost a lot of faith in your abilities as a leader after you hopped on Slay's tormenting of Hydro last week, but not enough that I don't think you would make a good bureaucrat. I don't think your perceived laziness is nearly as big an issue as it's made out to be. Still think you owe Hydro an apology.
- Although some people may fail to perceive this, Wonder has a great sense of fairness and does not let injustice slip away by including her opinion. She has been most helpful to the wiki in many ways, should it be social or professional, and has a good connection with users. She personally told me that she is trying her best on working on her defaults and I do not question her abilities as of that promise. In brief, she is a very capable candidate for the new position in GS.
Abstaining from Voting (+2)
- I don't know who to vote for, honestly.