She isn't the outgoing type. She prefers to stay at a place wherever she considers home. At first she was a loner but then when her nanny came along, she found a friend and a bright side of her had shown. She is loyal to her loved ones even though they have already seemed to turn theirs back on her except for the case of her father. She isn't blind to not see that someone doesn't like her. If she feels someone dislikes her then she just lets it be but of course she feels rather sad about it especially when it's her loved ones who hates her.
William Lassiter was a successful lawyer. He never lost a case. He was a man everyone would consider very busy and love was never in his mind. However, one day when he went to a coffee shop to, of course, buy some coffee before going to work, Hecate was also there and the first time she saw him, she was already attracted to William. She tried to follow him and get his attention but nothing would work. He was just too workaholic to notice women but Hecate really wanted him and so she just made a love potion which would surely work.
She used her magic to fool the employees and the employer of the coffee shop, where William always went, and make them think she was also an employee. And so that morning, she was the one who served William's coffee. Little did he know that Hecate had already put the potion in it. Once he already had a sip of it, he instantly felt deeply and madly in love with Hecate. Her plan worked so well that she was able to bring him home and then it happened.
The next morning, William just woke up lying on his bed oblivious of what had happened last night. He never drunk alcohol or anything but he just assumed that he was really tired from work and that he just went straight to bed.
A few months later, when he got home from work, he just heard a baby crying. The odd thing was he heard it coming from his house. When he finally came inside, he saw a baby in a basket and a note was pinned to the baby's cloth. It was from Hecate. She told what really happened and that the baby was his. Upon knowing all those things, he was enraged. He never planned to have a baby. He was too busy for such a thing. But then he still had a heart and so he decided to just keep the baby and he named her Caroline Danielle.
Caroline grew up without having much attention from her father. She'd always stay up late at night just so she could see her dad but in the end, her father would just scold her for not sleeping early. Sometimes she'd request for them to go to the park but William didn't have the time. She was home-schooled and wasn't really outgoing so she didn't talk to anyone other than her dolls and the television.
One day when William already had enough, he asked her what she really wanted. He thought maybe a nanny would do but then Caroline just said that all she wanted was her 'dad'. William didn't feel even a very slight sympathy for his child. He just did what he thought would be best. He got her a nanny.
Thankfully, Caroline and her nanny got along. Her favorite thing to do was play chess and other games of logic. Her nanny would just play with her and let her enjoy. Caroline loved to read, unlike most demigods, she wasn't diagnosed with dyslexia. However, she was diagnosed of ADHD at the age of seven. Greek myth interested her especially. She had once imagined how would it be like to be a demigod. She thought it might be great having all those powers and stuff. But she knew such thing would be impossible. Not quite.
When she was thirteen years old, she and her nanny went to the park like what she always wanted. Her nanny went away for a moment to buy some snacks then a hellhound came into sight. Caroline could not believe her eyes. She could not believe what she actually read in the books were true. She recognized it was a hellhound but she was no hero to take them out. She only had one plan in mind--run. Thinking it was just a big dog, she picked up a stick along the way and threw it but the hellhound did not seem to be in the mood to play fetch. It was more like in the mood for lunch. After a few minutes of running, Caroline was already growing tired then a truck suddenly bumped into the hellhound with so much impact that it almost flew away. Caroline stopped running and stared at the truck in awe. She heard someone shout in victory. The guy in the truck immediately got off and another shocking thing for Caroline--it was a satyr, another 'mythical creature'. The hellhound was not dead just yet. It just got up and it seemed to be angrier than ever. Then the satyr handed her a Celestial Bronze sword. She had no idea how to use one but her battle instincts acted up. The satyr just distracted the hellhound with the sound of his reed pipes while Caroline ran behind it and slashed and stabbed it hard. It disintegrated. After the battle, the satyr explained everything to her including how he got the truck since she wondered how on earth he got it. He said it was just parked somewhere and the driver left the keys on it.
Caroline and the satyr told everything to her nanny and, well, she believed it. When they got home, they waited for her father and also told him. When the satyr finally explained about camp, William did not agree to it. He just said that if monsters would be out there to kill her then let it be. Actually, he did not believe all of the things they said. But just in case, the satyr stayed with her, not really stay at home though, more like just there to protect her. Then a few months later, weeks before her fourteenth birthday, she was attacked by harpies. Good thing the satyr was there and she still had her sword with her. It would have been a better thing if she knew how to use her powers but by that time, she still was not claimed. The thing they could only do was fight them with their weapons. The satyr used his reed pipes to grow vines and grass and whatever else grew and they wrapped around the harpies. While they were trapped, Caroline attacked them slashing her sword and stabbing them until they all disintegrated.
After that second attack, they tried to tell William again but he never listened. The satyr told her to just go with him even without her father's permission but she refused. She chose to stay with her father. The satyr understood and so he just had to stay with her. When she was fourteen, she was attacked by Stymphalian Birds. The satyr made some noise like really annoying ones to distract them and when they already were, Caroline attacked just like what she always did and they disintegrated. She got a bit of training from the satyr. When she was finally fifteen, she was again attacked by a fire breathing horse and they did their usual tactics--distract and attack. They successfully defeated it since it wasn't as hard to kill one just like her previous attacks. But she'd had enough. She couldn't take it any longer so she just ran away with the satyr. They rode a cab going to Long Island and there it was... Camp Half-Blood. She had finally arrived and was claimed by her mother, Hecate.
Note: 3/6/9 month powers are not yet unlocked
- Children of Hecate have the ability to fire an intense beam of magical energy which will burn anything it touches. The ability can also be focused into small magical bullets, which have better range but are less damaging than a beam.
- Children of Hecate have the ability to use magic to electrically charge something made of metal for a short time.
- Children of Hecate are able to create a protective dome of magical energy around them for a short time.
- Children of Hecate are able to become ethereal in form for a short time, which temporarily causes all attacks to go through them. In this state, they cannot attack an opponent and if they do their ethereal state will dissipate instantly.
- Children of Hecate have the innate ability to see in all directions at once.
- Children of Hecate are innately stronger at night.
- Children of Hecate are able to communicate with the dead to gather information.
- Children of Hecate are adept at making potions and elixirs, however potions used in battle cannot be overly powerful or altering to the events of the battle. Potions that can automatically heal all wounds or restore all energy are examples of over-powered potions. Only descendants of Hecate/Circe and Lampades can create potions. Overconsumption of potions can result in overdose symptoms and some potions could have side-effects or not work at all.
- Children of Hecate can conjure spells to teleport themselves and allies. The further the distance, the more energy drained.
- Children of Hecate can cast a levitation spell on themselves for a short time which will allow them to fly, the longer they levitate the more power it drains. The spell can also be used items and enemies.
- Children of Hecate are able to use some healing spells to quickly heal minor wounds and slowly heal major wounds. Fatal wounds cannot be healed.
3 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Hecate are able to control the Mist around them, allowing them to create optical illusions that can fool even demigods. The illusions can confuse enemies with false memories, alter the appearance of the user or their allies, change the appearance of items or weapons or even alter the appearance of the environment to an extent. Changes to the Mist only last for a short time, mist control is less draining than custom spells. (6 month)
6 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Hecate have the ability to create new spells, whether they were trained, self-taught or devised the spell on the fly. The spells can be minor, such as locating, summoning animals, divination or controlling emotions. Or they can be more advanced and powerful such as controlling the elements, pure magical energy, necromancy, curses and summoning monsters or magical guardians. Spells cannot be overly powerful or controlling. The more complex and powerful the spell, the more energy it drains from the user.
9 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Hecate have the ability to focus all their magical abilities into transforming themselves into any living being, or even a being of their own imagination. This power is, in essence, the ability to shapeshift into anything the user can imagine. The user can transform into another human, an animal, a monster, or anything in between. The transformation can last as long as the user wishes it to, but the longer they hold their form the more it drains them. They cannot cast any spells while the transformation is in place and they cannot transform into anything overly powerful. (Like a rabbit that can make people’s heads explode with a thought. ) The form they shift into cannot be larger than 2 to 3 times the human size of the user, and after the user resumes their regular form they are severely drained. Unable to move from exhaustion and they could possibly faint. This power can only be used once in a fight.
- Children of Hecate typically love the magical arts, many of them are known for writing spellbooks. Her children have created/re-introduced and improved spells and techniques all over history.
- Necromancy is commonly a favored magical art among children of Hecate.
- Children of Hecate are known for being quite mysterious.
- Children of Hecate are often more active and exhibit better moods at night and in dark environments.
- Children of Hecate wield innate knowledge and understanding of the Mist.
|Hecate||mother||I've just read about her in the books and... she sounds pretty cool.|
|William Lassiter||father||He never showed even a tiny bit of kindness to me.|
|Donna||nanny||She's a really great nanny and a really awesome friend. I never knew we'd get along. I thought nannies won't care for someone who they're not even related to but Donna proved me wrong.|
|Lewis Rockefeller||friend||I really appreciate his kindness for me but sometimes he's too kind that I don't even know if he thinks of me as more than a friend. I, myself, am confused sometimes how I truly feel towards him. I feel an odd happiness everytime I am with him but I don't know... might be an effect of the aura of Aphrodite kids.|