Rules and Further Information on Broken Covenant Claiming
|To edit this template, go here.
||Continue on below to make your claim.
Summary of Rules/Guidelines
This is the page where you can get claimed with a new character into the new group called The Broken Covenant! Faction leaders will go through these requests, please do not make your character's page until an administrator has given you final approval. Please do not request to be a god. If you want to be a demigod you can choose one of these gods or as these characters aren't at camp you can choose a god that doesn't have a cabin, but if no powers have been made for that you'll need to contact an admin about how to go about getting that done so they can be voted on first.
- You do not need to pick a cabin god but if you choose a cabin god, you take the powers from the cabin page, if you choose a god that does not have a cabin check to see if the powers are here if they are not completed, they will still need to be voted on, please contact an administrator
- When making a claim for a non-demigod, please see here for a list of powers, you must use the powers listed here, do not add or change
- You do not need to list the powers on the claim
- Things your claim needs: Character Name, God Parent, Mortal Parent Name, Species, Current Age of the Character, Appearance, Personality, History (at least 3 to 4 paragraphs covering how the parents met, to the birth, to the early childhood, to finding out they are a demigod, to the first monster attack and how they ended up at the BC), their primary weapon preference (bow/arrow, sword, etc), which faction they wish to join, and why they wish to join that faction as well as why they want to join the BC in general.
- If it is a defecting demigod that was already approved in Claiming:Camp then you need less information: Character name/link to their page, what happened to make them want to join the BC/What are their reasons, what faction they wish to join and why they belong in that faction.
- When you make a claim, be sure to sign your claim with 4 ~.
- Your character will be claimed twice. First, by the Broken Covenant leader which accepts you into the group. Secondly, by the leader of the faction you aim to join.
- Please remember children of Athena are created out of a meeting of minds, Athena does not have sex.
Things Not Allowed:
- DO NOT make your character page until your character has been approved. If you make your character page before gaining approval, this is grounds for a warning and is in breach of our policies.
- No children of Hestia, Chaos or Artemis period.
Some God Parents:
Some god parents may be technically "allowed" to have kids (versus like Artemis and Hestia who are strict virgins), but are difficult to create a character with them. For instance Kronos, he was thrown in Tartarus ages ago, and yes he was Possessing Luke in the books, but he was a bit busy trying to regain power to go about sleeping with mortals and making babies. So to have a child of Kronos, you have to rationalise how the child is alive hundreds++ years later. Here is a list of some difficult god parents to choose:
- Pan (if he had kids they would be satyrs, not demigods)
Guidelines for Legacies
- They must have at least a sentence of personality
- Please list at the top of the page the one or two Gods the legacy shall be taking powers from
- Their history must at least be a paragraph, or five sentences. Their history can be as encompassing or non encompassing the user wishes, but the two things it should have is
- Mention of who their God ancestor(s) are, and how they came to be this legacy’s ancestors.
- There must be an included reason as to how they know about Broken Covenant, and why they decided to join the Broken Covenant
- Their history may include monster attacks, but it is not necessary.
- Legacies MUST have a section for their powers. They can pick up to ‘’’three’’’ powers from the supplementary or passive lists of their respective god ancestors. If you choose for your legacy to not have powers, write that down.
- There must be a clear explanation for their wishes in joining the specific faction.
- Legacies are only allowed in Ortu and Civitas.
- If claimers see a lack of clarity in the history, they reserve the right to ask for an elaboration. If certain power combinations come off as too op, claimers may ask you to change it.
Guidelines for Nymphs
All Nymphs have specific traits or life forces that only pertains to their subspecies and in order to be claimed, the character must fall into the requirements. More rules and regulations could be found here.
- All meadow, water (sea or freshwater), tree, and flower nymphs/spirits need to be attached to a life force. A flower nymph would need to have a specific flower or bush that grows flowers as a life force and a freshwater nymph would need a specific body of water to be attached to, whereas sea nymphs are just attached to the sea in general. Because of this some types of nymphs would have a hard time living in the sanctuary, if their life force isn't near it.
- All created nymphs would not have last names.
- Erotiads/Erotios need to have a specific couple to be born from. (If there couple breaks up, the spirit/nymph dies.)
- Mortiads/Mortios must be created by Melinoe, Thanatos or Hades only during an event of mass deaths, and only after the 1940s, as the first Matriarch Mortiad was created from WWII/Holocaust. Only one nymph/spirit per event.
- Animal nymphs/spirits are not allowed to be in the BC, period, no exceptions
- Powers for Nymphs and Spirits can be found here. Do not add or change the powers.
Info Needed for Claim
Information to give for new Character claims
(One that isn't already made/approved and rp'd at camp)
- God parent
- Mortal Parent
- Why they want to join the BC
- What faction you desire to be a part of (To see an overview of each faction, go here, your choices are: Opus Superum, Liberi Superum, Ortu Justitiae, Veritum Unitum or Civitas Popularis. Ultimately to whichever faction you wish to join, it will be up to that faction leader if they choose to accept you.
- Why should you belong to that faction, what are your core beliefs, why does their ideology suit your personality/beliefs?)
Information to give for Existing Characters defecting
- god parent
- What happened to make them want to leave camp and join the BC and why
- What faction you desire to be a part of to see an overview of each faction, go here, your choices are: Opus Superum, Liberi Superum, Ortu Justitiae, Veritum Unitum or Civitas Popularis. Ultimately to whichever faction you wish to join, it will be up to that faction leader if they choose to accept you.
- Why should you belong to that faction, what are your core beliefs, why does their ideology suit your personality/beliefs?
BC Characters up for Adoption
|Adoption Category, here.
||Broken Covenant Characters up for adoption here.
If you have no idea who you want for a character, or what to create for a bio, but simply want to role play, we do have characters up for adoption from time to time. You can see those characters here, that are currently up for adoption. If you would like to try and adopt one of these characters instead of going through this claiming process, there is a link at the top of the characters page as to who owns that character, you can contact them about adopting that character.
Note to Anyone Adopting Out Characters: If a newb adopts a character, there's no way for Admins to know to add the newb to the List:Users & Characters page, so please either add them to the page yourself or contact an Admin so the new user won't be left out from levelling up.
List of Campers up for Adoption
Claims are run by the claiming Department. Please keep in mind that all of us are here voluntarily, we do not get paid to run this site. Because of this, many of us have real life responsibilities to attend to also. We promise to get to your claims as soon as possible, but badgering us will not get them looked at any sooner.
These are the administrators in charge of this department in my absence.
These are the rollback users who work in this department assisting me and the administrators here.
Department Admins/Crats from other Departments
These are users who can accept claims, but don't generally help out in this department on a regular basis. All members of the administration team are able to accept claims.
Leaders of the Factions
Leaders of factions are also able to answer claims as Heinrich.
- Toxy(Veritum Unitum; Cynthia Amoré)
- Oli (Opus Superum; Dante Lejos)
- Victoria (Liberi Superum; Adelaide Lémieux)
- Katniss (Civitas Popularis; Conner Grimaldi)
- Kevin (Ortu Justitiae; Cato Sylvester)
Lts that can help Approve faction claims
Lts of factions are able to approve claims for the faction.
- Nat (Veritum Unitum; Aurora Todduk)
- Nat (Opus Superum; Haruki Akiyama)
- James (Liberi Superum; Carlton Fairchild)
- Zany (Civitas Popularis; Sawyer Dahn)
- N/A (Ortu Justitiae)
These are users who are not in the Administrative & Support department, but help get claims ready to be approved, so you may see them making comments to claims from time to time.
If you have any questions about how this works, please see an admin, Thanks!