Names: Carlton (Owned by James) and Izana Fairchild (Owned by Summer)
Godly parent: Physis
Gender: Male (Carlton), Female (Izana)
Mortal Parent: Adam Fairchild
Personality: Izana is pretty much a disaster. Instead of being the usual she’s-harsh-at-first-but-really-nice-on-the-inside, she acts really nice at first but shows her true devil side once you get to know her. Photography and having time with her twin brother are some of her remedies.
Carlton tries to have high respect towards other people, especially towards his sister and is willing to do whatever it takes to protect them both. He doesn't favour to fight but is very quick to protect Izana. Carlton on the outside is as cold and hard to break as metal and will rarely talk but on the inside Carlton is the complete opposite. Carlton rarely lets anyone truly know him because of what he has been through.
A successful geographer, Adam Fairchild had traveled the world—a dream he had since he was a child. He was a boy who grew up with nature, admiring the majestic works. His family also holds a number of demigods, most of them faithful to their godly parents. Being the second son of his father, he has been inherited Fairchild treasure in which some have been passed on for generations. His siblings are off gone with their own families, but he chose to travel the world.
He met Physis when he made a stop in the Amazon. A certain company had been given the permission to clear out a small part of the forest, and Adam decided to check it out. Watching the dozers carry off boulders, a journalist suddenly appeared beside him. She was complaining, and kept arguing that every inch of the Amazon should be preserved. Adam invited her for tea to calm her down, and she agreed. They got along well, having the same interests and the like. Soon, they fell in love with each other, leading to her conceived.
Before leaving, she told Adam who she really was, and Adam accepted after some thoughts. But he never thought he’d be the next Fairchild to have a demigod offspring. While alone, he got ready for his children, but was surprised when Physis knocked on his door five months later with a sleeping baby in each arm. Physis gave Adam the twins, and told him that he’d be the one to name them. She also reassured him she’d also be with him and help him with their children.
Carlton and Izana grew up with the likes of their father. Adam had them join him in his travels, which then became a hobby of the twins. He sent them to school, and made him proud with high grades and good behavior. They were very close to each other, and sometimes where one was, there was the other two. The twins also grew up with the knowledge of who their mother was. They talked to her whenever they’re fully surrounded by the beauty of nature, and thanked her for a lot of things. For most of their times, they stay in isolated islands where Adam thinks they’re safe. But when monsters came after them, their whole point of view of the world changed.
The family visited their summer house in California’s Sierra Nevada mountains to be near the Yosemite National Park. It was school vacation, and they just turned twelve. Adam went out to buy some things for camping, and left them a metallic rod in case something bad happens. The twins agreed, and started to prepare for camping in their huge backyard. Not long after their dad left, a hellhound appeared out of the woods. Izana screamed, and took a huge, sharp piece of wood and whacked the monster on the muzzle when it came near. Carlton took the metallic rod their father left them. Not knowing what to do, he pointed the sharper end at the monster, and suddenly, the metallic end turned sharper until it looked like the head of a spear. Instincts kicked in. Izana whacked one more time, giving Carlton time to strike the monster in its head. As soon as it burst into golden dust, another came charging. Izana grabbed the spear from her brother, and with instincts kicking in, threw it and struck it on the monster’s head.
They did not tell this to their dad when he came home and pretended nothing happened. The next year, they moved to Block Island, a remote island and a part of the Rhode Island state. Both kids decided to stop school, and let their dad teach them as they travel. Here, Adam gave them the weapons (which were passed down to Fairchild generations) he had intended for them to use as their protection. He gave Carlton the same metallic rod, now explaining to him how it works. By the will of the user, it can turn into a spear, but when the metal plating in the middle is pulled down, it transforms into a bow. He also gave the boy a shield, which turns into the quiver in partner for the bow.
For Izana, he gave her a pair of medieval-type, double-edged greatswords, each having four-feet blade and an additional two feet for the hilt, which can also turn into two small hilts that can fit in a pocket. He told them to train with it and to try to master the weapons. After ‘school’ with their dad, the twins practice in a place where the wide sea is in view. For five months they stayed there, with the twins getting better by the day. Adam taught them, too, to control their own abilities and try to maintain more energy as days go by.
They went back to their home state, Minnesota. When they visited one of the beaches there, three telkhines came out of the water, ready to attack. Carlton, forgetting his weapon, created a shield of water to protect them. Izana lashed her swords out and slashed and dodged and struck two of the monsters. Carlton then threw a ball of fire to distract the third, and had Izana finish it.
Unfortunately, a clear-sighted mortal saw them and thought they were aliens, sent to destroy them. He made chaos in the beach, shouting about what he saw. There were people who also claimed they saw what they did, too. Sooner, the twins ran from the beach, a horde trying to know who they were.
A week later, a video was posted on the Internet, showing the twins fending off the monsters. The twins were confused on how the mortals could really see them, and one more thing, it didn't look like the things they battled with. They were like made up stuff of mortals. The government didn't mind, for some reasons, but one wealthy guy who was clear-sighted, too, saw what they've done, and set a hunt to find them. A week later, they found them playing in a park, and unhesitatingly brought them to their boss. A fanatic, he made them his "cool" equipment/subjects in his own lab. Having paid demigods as his workers, he made them believe they were "aliens" which he could use. The workers in his lab started to keep having them show and control their powers to the limit, and didn't mind helping them for the sake of money.
Later then, the man decided to have Izana as is his own slave, and left Carlton in the labs, though they both still stay in the same cell. Carlton then became more determined to get out, after knowing his sister's been abused. Soon, after the year passed, when they were moved to rooms with barred windows, they turned to wind and flew away as far as they can from the mansion.
After some time recovering, they went out and discovered they were in Washington. Having safely hidden their weapons in mundane form, they protected themselves out in the streets. Using their abilities, they survived. They stole, wandered and ran from officials of the government roaming around. For two years, they stayed that way, fighting monsters and surviving their own life. They were still wanted by the government for being fugitives, and so found a way to move to Nebraska.
While in this state, they started to realize how the humans—the mortals—have weighed them down. How harsh they’ve been. How superior they think they were. Izana then had grown hatred in heart for them, Carlton feeling the same sooner. Later, they realized how their mother had become very helpless. They tried praying to other gods, but to no avail. This then had them increase the urge to loathe them. They were stronger than them; their race is stronger. The twins decided to find others like them and hope to find refuge with them.
After some time, they came back to Minnesota, and found out their dad had married another woman. This made their hatred grow more. They showed up to their dad, who was shocked, and said goodbye, telling him he would next see them when all mortals are down. Adam didn’t understand, but the twins left him without any explanation.
Carlton and Izana moved Illinois, then to Virginia, and stopped at New Jersey. But their 16th birthday was very unfortunate. Carlton was befriended by another boy who met him there. Little did he know that the boy was one of the Amicoids. Izana, in a distance, sensed something strange from the boy. Like, who would show up by a seashore with no houses nearby on a windy day in pajamas? Izana readied her weapons, but was stopped by the other Amicoid. She felt something trying to read her mind, and saw an old friend in front of her. The Amicoid had her trust, and started to make her talk. After a few seconds, she realized what was happening. Izana thought of random things, such as killing monsters so easily, bungee-jumping, flying and a lot more. She saw her ‘friend’ having a confused look on its face. Izana put her swords out, which frightened the Amicoid. Threatening to slash it, it showed it true form but had it cut down. The monster disappeared.
Izana saw Carlton, safe with no company in pajamas. A girl went near them, and the twins turned their weapons on her. The girl defended, and told them she was on their side. She introduced herself and told them where she was from. Carlton asked where the Broken Covenant was. Sooner, they had themselves in New York, with the girl leading them and explaining them stuff. The twins agreed on one faction, having the same goal as they wanted.
Weapons: Carlton: CB spear that can turn into a bow. Quiver can turn into shield. Both the quiver/shield and spear/bow can both turn into a miniature version of themselves Izana: A pair of medieval-type greatswords that can turn into little toy-like hilts as mundane form
Preferred Faction: Liberus Superum. Reason Why: Both Carlton and Izana both resent and hate not just their mother but all of the gods. Carlton and Izana hate the gods because of the gods making them feel abandoned Even though the gods could have helped them at any time. They hate the gods just as much as they hate mortals but Carlton and Izana think enslaving mortals is the only way they will get what they think the gods deserve.
Thanks for your BC Claim! I am gonna try and make this as straightfoward and simple as possible :D
- So, is Adam a demigod or not? Do his parents approve of him being a geographer? (as this is not a particularly stable/prestigious position.)
- Wait; so they manage to go exploring with their father and go to school? How is this possible? Do the kids go to some form of private school? (which with the Fairchild money seems fairly logical), or are they home-schooled and trained?
- I assume that the twins talking to Physis is allegorical? Demigods are not allowed to chat with their parents due to the rule of direct interference. Physis would not be able to communicate directly with them under any circumstances.
- Why would anyone - especially a parent with two demi-titans, leave them unattended? Was Adam trained in combat? Aren't greatswords a fairly impractical weapon for a young child? (especially as girls biologically tend to be slimmer and shorter than men - most users of greatswords tended to be quite tall and buff. Doesn't mean you can't have the weapon or she can't use it, may just be a little unrealistic.)
- Mortals wouldn't be able to watch the twins kill monsters - the mist hides /everything/, even cameras and electronic equipment are affected. They either don't show anything at all, or they don't function in areas where magic is present (this is seen many times in the series.)
- Who do they stay with in Minnesota?
- Why do the government want to do test research on them? In the CHB universe, lots of famous presidents etc are said to be descended from the gods. Clearly, members of the government would know what they are, and likely leave them well alone, in my own opinion. The aliens bit is okay though - provided the man is clear sighted, but treated like he's crazy.
- If Adam came from a family of demigods, he would clearly be able to understand the Broken Covenant, and would know that the kids were leaving.
- How do the children find out about the Broken Covenant? They seem to be setting off towards it, even before they know of its existence.
Sorry for all the points, but there did seem to be a few holes and things that needed to be explained. Good luck and post on my talk page if you need any help
Thanks for the comments, Alex.
- Adam isn't a demigod, and just a fairly clear-sighted mortal, like his own parents.
- They went to school for some years. They didn't finish grade school, but instead went with their dad, with him teachign them stuff all the way. Thing like that happen.
- What we mean talking is that they're like "praying".
- Somehow, we people think that, even though we know something might happen, maybe nothing will happen, "I'll just be going back and again really fast. Nothing bad will happen", right? Somehow, as based on real life stuff, Adam thought of it. And Adam wasn't seriously trained, he learned a bit himself, and learned more for the twins. Also, it's just "medieval-like". Doesn't mean it's as big as the real ones.
- Well, since its a water shield and telekhines, mortals will still see something strange to them, even though its not really the monsters and stuff. And there were a lot of mortals around. People easily believe in stuff nowadays. But anyways, I added stuff, which was like made-up videos based on what the mortals "see". You know people really are like that. And there are fanatic people that take things seriously even though they look unbelievable and can make people believe them. I added that, too.
- It doesn't mean the whole government knows. And not all government people know about them. There is a certain government agency that does this stuff and they're the ones who give permission. It's still possible that there ain't one demigod or descendant for each agency.
- Minnesota is their home...but if you're talking about the time when they saw their dad again, they just passed to see him. And went on the way.
- Adam isn't the type of guy from a family of with demigods to be told of of everything. His parents never told him. And he wouldn't care since he never knew stuff like that would happen to him.
- The girl demigod they met told them, that's why Carlton asked where it is, and the girl told them, too, with her in lead.
Sorry is stuff seems fuzzy.
I dont really see any issues but I have one tiny question. What happen to the mist? you know the thing that protects demigods and gods from being seen by other mortals? Also if the dad isnt a family type why did he raised them?
Oh my goodness, Mel, I missed you.
About the mist... was that part with the video and stuff? If that is, then it is because of the clear-sighted mortal, who then had a video which he himself edited,and then there were people who also claimed that they saw what happened, too. It comes that some were just the make-believe people and some were comprehending something really strange to them, but not exactly what happened there. About the dad, yes, he himself became the mom and dad of the twins, but then after the incidents, somehow, he changed (some people change easily). He thought he'd wait and Physis would "protect" them, which didn't really happen. Without hearing any news from them, he though that they escaped and are safe. Stuff that's for lunatic mortals.
...But if they were edited wouldnt people know? cause I often watch crime shows and the police would know if they were "edited" and plus some of the people in the facilities could be demigod....
P.S: MISSED YOU TOO SUMMER!
Put it all about the fanatic leading agent. I've read some news about people like those, who do some stuff and gets to doing it because they have nothing to do and convinces the head, especially if the fanatic has some sort of high authority in the agency. But like I've said, not all agencies do have demigods, some might just have a low rank and can't do anything about it.
.....how about you just say this wealthy billionaire made them lab rats? and to add drama you can just say the girl became a slave.....and you know what type of slave. Still your choice to add anything cause I think a madman billionaire is more plausible than a government... plus you can argue those whom he paid would be demigods.. but... they're paid.. so... you see where I'm going?
Will that be okay? That was a great suggestion. Big thanks.
No prob glad to be a help still can you elaborate on the reason why they decided to join the BC? why do they hate the gods?
That is something I could do so sure thing Mel
|Heinrich Alten ~ Leader of the Broken Covenant|
|Owned by: Admins & Crats ~ Posted on: Welcome to the BC, the leader of the faction you wish to join will speak with you now|