Name: Alice Gray
Mortal Parent: Casey Grey
Personality: Alice is a wild child with a very large rebellious streak. If someone says the sky is blue she says it’s green. Se can be very moody, and sometimes violent. She has a milder version of bipolar, meaning her mood can change very quickly. She often talks to herself, mumbling under her breath. People consider her crazy She considers herself perfectly insane. She also tends to do well under pressure, thinking straight through the problems and keep a level head. She hates people, mainly boys, because she thinks them to be gross.
History: Casey Grey was a journalist, and an architect. He studied Greek mythology for a living and wrote articles about his findings. He loved learning about the gods, but he had his favorites. His favorite goddess was Iris. The way she controlled the rainbows, so the stories told, was beautiful. The stories also depicted her as a beautiful goddess, rivaling Aphrodite herself. He wish he could meet her.
While he was in Greece, he was to give a speech to a local University about his work. He told of the Gods, and the importance they had in the Ancient Greek people's life style. He focused on a few Gods, but only one Goddess, Iris. Naturally, the praise caught her attention, and she curiously went down to study him. He did a total of three lectures, each one focusing on a different topic, one included the Greek architecture.
When he was finished over the three days, a woman walked up to him, and started up a conversation with him about his lectures. He asked her out for coffee, and she told him her name was Rose. After a month, they started dating. One thing led to another and eventually Rose was pregnant. Four months later, Alice was born, premature. A week later, "Rose" left without a word. The only thing she left behind, was a little rainbow necklace for Alice.
As Alice grew up, Casey was very protective of Alice. He was devastated when "Rose" left, and held tight to Alice. He loved Rose, and Alice was the only thing he had left. As Alice grew up, Casey restricted what Alice did, thinking he was protecting her. She was to get straight A's, and expected to be a perfect girl.
She was never allowed to go out with friends, go to sleep overs, or to birthday parties. Casey said it was because he didn't trust the parents, or friends, or the area they were in. So Alice was cast out of groups of friends as she grew older. When she was in about 7th grade, she was attacked by two harpies.
She was passing one of the old classrooms in her school, when she heard a strange noise. Weren't empty classrooms supposed to be silent? It sounded like the fluttering of big, large wings. Curious, she peaked into the classroom. Immediately shrieks pierced her ears. She saw a mixture of winged women, and two teachers. She blinked in shock, then they saw her. They screamed and they flew at Alice. Alice blinked in shock, turned, and bolted. She ran through the halls of her school. Students and teachers looked out into the halls, but only saw Alice running. They didn't notice the winged women, known as Harpies.
The Harpies continued to follow Alice, screeching and running into the walls when Alice turned. Alice knew her way around her school. She had made a point to discover everything about it, just in case. She was a little rebellious when she wasn't around her uptight, protective dad. I should be panicking right now. She thought.
Without thinking, she led them to the gym. There was no one in it. She burst through the doors, the harpies following her. When they made it into the open, they dive bombed Alice, scratching her with their claws. One scratch tore off her necklace. She never took it off, even when she showered. It seemed to grow with her, but she hadn't thought much of it.
When her necklace came off, it turned into a full sized celestial bronze spear. Without thinking she picked it up and held it out in front of her. The harpies went to attack her again, swooping down. She crouched and as one missed her head, she thrust up with the spear, piercing one through the heart, turning it to dust. The other one shrieked and hovered away from her, seeing her sister killed so easily. She hovered for a moment and then went after Alice again, this time claws first. Alice dove to the side, narrowly missing the claws against her skin, but they didn't miss her hair.
She cried out as some of her hair was ripped from her head. She rolled up right and onto her feet. She shook her head to get rid of the pain and focused on the last harpy. She focused hard on the beast-like woman and through her spear hard, all on instinct. At the same time colorful light came from her hand, also burning the harpy. The spear drove straight the harpy, as the light hit the harpy, turning it to dust. As the spear dropped, it turned back into a necklace. Alice crawled over to it, and slipped it back over her neck just as the doors to the gym burst open.
It took a few hours to calm the school, and her dad. She decided to tell them that she was being attacked by two large birds, when they suddenly they flew out the back doors of the gym. At first everyone was skeptical about it, but then they accepted it, not knowing what else to think.
After the bird attacking incident, her dad grew even more protective if her. He took her out of school and started homeschooling her himself. Alice hated it. She never really got to leave the house, and when she did it was to see his family, or to go shopping of some sort.
During those two years she was attacked twice. The first time she ran away and the monster couldn't follow her, and the second time she killed the cyclops. Her dad grew furious, as she had snuck out of the house. He didn't know about the attacks, and she never told him, she didn't want to sound crazy. After the second attack, she packed her bags and left, passport, all of the money she had earned or been given, and some cloths. She was gone before dawn crept into the sky.
She lived on the streets of Greece, hiding from her dad. She lived in and out of shelters and off the streets, doing whatever she could to survive. Her dad tried to send out search parties for her, but she avoided them by moving from city to city, stealing money to change her hair color and appearance. During that time she learned how to fight, as she was attacked by a monster every 6 months or so. She managed to escape into crowds or outright killing them. The crowds, she found, happened to be helpful when being followed by something that was very slow, or didn't like loud noises.
Eventually, after three years, she had a dream, showing a a rainbow from Greece to New York. When she awoke, she found it strange, but decided to trust it. She stole enough money to buy a cheap ticket to New York on a boat. As she was 18, she got no second glances. During the entire ride, a full 3 months, she spent her days on edge, waiting for anything to happen, nothing did. When she finally landed in New York and made it through customs, she wandered the streets for a week, not knowing what to do. She was found a Satyr scouting for demigods like her. He told her what she was and she followed him to camp. She's been here for a few days.
Weapon: Celestial bronze spear
- So, Iris didn't leave during her pregnancy? And goddesses usually give birth 4-5 months after conceiving of the child, so it should be earlier than the eight months.
How exactly can a 15-year old girl survive in the streets alone? Where did she get enough money to New York? And if her dad loved and protected her that much, wouldn't he send a search party for her? How long has she been at Camp after arrival?
That's all. See ya!
June, it states that a goddess will give birth during the mortal time basis (in this case just a month early), and leave shortly after. There is no reason to make it 4-5 months.
- 8 months is too long for a goddess to stay with the mortal, that's why goddesses takes only 4-5 months while pregnant.
- Can you add how old was she when she had her first attack?
- "she was attacked by a monster every 6 months or so." How was she able to outrun all the monsters she encountered?
- How did she found the satyr? Was it sent by Iris or just a scouting satyr?
- How old was she when she arrived camp?
Annnd that is all~
- 8 months is not too long, the God/dess parent is able to stay as long as it is not past one to two years, given that the demigod's powers later on, are not going to let them remember experiences from 1-2 years old. That being said, it doesn't directly interfere with the demigod's path in life - the claim writer simply needs a lot of reason as to why the God/dess chose to stay that long for this specific child out of all the ones they have had.
- "she was attacked by a monster every 6 months or so." How was she able to outrun all the monsters she encountered?
- Even I've done this, you don't have to write out every monster encounter as long as you specify that the monsters were minor... It's kind of a given that as long as the first monster attack wasn't a massive monster that would have killed an untrained demigod (regardless of "difficulty"), that the same applies for the monster encounters after, as well.
Show me in the rules where it says 4-5 months, and I'll change it, but it stays until that time. I know the rules. It says her age at the top of the page, 18, and she's only been at camp for a month, not that hard. As for the monsters, "She learned to fight" ans quoted from her history. It's not that hard for a demigod to quickly learn to fight while on the streets. ~Natalia
- While i may not be able to find exaclty where it say 4-5 month, 8 months is to long for the goddess to be pregnant. It kind defeate the purpose of shortening the time if you only shorten it by 1 month.
- Adding onto to my point above. 8 month plus the 2 months it took for them to start dating is to long for a goddess to hang around. I mean she does have her duties to attend to and she wouldn't spend so much time with a mortal.
- As you may or may not know, the wiki has a two week rule where the character can only be at camp for a maximum of 2 week. and yes in the new 2.0 policies it was said they could be there longer but, ONLY with a good reason and with an explanation of what they have been doing there the whole time. It also has to be admin approved according to the 2.0 policies.
Point taken about the god parent's stay however i was pointing out more on the pregnancy but yeah. Moving on, i didn't mean that she had to write every monster encounter, i was looking for how i.e, she caused a massive rainbow to crash down or what not or she was able to escape some of them by running but somehow attained a few wounds. A summary of how she was able to outrun all those of which she had encountered. I do these stuffs too, but those who checked them made me sure to put atleast a summary on how my chara was able to escape.
Try asking Summer, i've been looking for the policies but i can't find them XD however, broken and summer told me that while i was in training for being a helper c: .
Adding the ages in every event doesn't really hurt yes? it would be better to put them as it makes your history alot more easier to comprehend. "She learned to fight" doesn't really tell how she had escaped those monsters every 6 months right? every 6 months.. did she defeat them by herself or she out ran all of them? or did she had someone help? you see, there's alot of ways but i don't mean to write every of it, at least a summary.
Yes, it's not that hard for a demigod to learn to fight but it's dangerous as she's alone and she's a minor, who know which monster could've caught her scent?
I will change the
Ok I know its been a loooooong time since I check claims so bear it with me here
- I dont know why everyone here just dismiss the fact that a minor... went from greece to America without passport and nobody raise an alarm...cause last time I check that is nearly impossible (Say that you put her in a container do you know how long it takes to go from Greece to America can your char last that long?) If you want to argue a runaway ok but she STILL need a passport to get out of the country unless she want to go under asylum seekers but thats another problem
- The first monster attack... I'm fine with harpies but I just want to remind you about this tiny thing call mist? so mortals wont really see the damage I think (you can correct me if I'm wrong here...)
- I know you ONLY have to mention the first monster encounter but nat your as if implying she NEVER got attack not even once and that can't happen ESPECIALLY if she's living in the streets cause common sense state that on the streets means more monster EVEN HARD ONES so you have to mention how she escape from some of them. Or else you'll be stuck here cause EVERYONE is basically saying the same thing you either alternate or this claim ain't going to move
- As for the pregnancy thing I know its resolve and I know there's NO rule that says its less than 9 months but Nat we're using common sense. You see on claims each day on how demigods have the same age and sometimes the same date of birth. This is why we decrease the month to make it seem more "likely" that the goddess have that much kids.. if not you would see us telling every user that a goddess can have a kid during this time and this time ONLY to not clash with other users and you dont want that now do you?
Thank you for explaining the pregnancy Mel, it didn't seem to make sense, so I pushed on it. Now I know, and that helps. :P I did say she got attacked on the streets, It's in there, I promise. I also stated that they didn't really see anything, that all they "saw" was her acting crazy, but, I will add the unknowing without the help of the mist she convinced them she was just being attacked by birds. Mortals will believe anything, and she's making it up on the spot to not sound crazy. I also fixed how long she's been here. I think that's all, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Okay, okay. That was more than I expected. Anyway:
- Again, during the two years she was with her dad, was she attacked? Even if she's just in the house, monsters will still come to get her.
- What kind of transportation did she used to travel from Greece to New York? Plus, wouldn't it require some papers about the buyer? I assume she wouldn't have them.
A boat for transportation, I'll change that. No buying really necessary unless you mean the ticket. And fixed the two year thing.
Oh, well, I think it's fine after all this. But just really one more thing (I;m seriously sorry for this). We're using the real world and current situations right now, right? So, if she's traveling from Greece to New York, the only sea transportation is through a cruise ship. And cruise ships require legal documents and the like. How'd she have those?
I did say she had a passport, and stole money. And She's 18. Those are the main qualifiers. Plus a cruise ship is not the only way. :)
There are two last things that i think should be clarified
- What was the bright light that held the second harpy in place, in her first monster attack? Was it the rainbow orb in the power set? If so then Alice wouldn't have been able to attack the harpy as stated in the power set
- This one is really just me confused. How did she travel to new york? You say she bought a ticket so i assume maybe a plane? But 3 months on a plane? then again there is a ship, that could take 3 months to travel from one place to another. Please just clarify this for me
Fixed them both. :P
I think it's all fine.