Character Name: Cameron Grimes
God Parent: Astraeus
Mortal Parent: Fay Grimes
Current Age: 15
Appearance: Dark hair curly hair and dark eyes. Tall and lanky. Medium skin tone. (but it really depends on if i can find a model or not >.<)
Personality: Chill with almost everyone, only takes certain things seriously. And overall happy dude. Can seem strange to people who aren't familiar with him.
History: Fay had been studying to become an astronomer. Her passion for the stars is what initally drew Astraeus to her. They met at a planetarium, with him posing as another astronomy student. Soon they were studying the night sky together. Fay became pregnant and, as gods do, Astraeus disappeared, leaving only a letter explaining who he truly was and a celestial bronze dagger which disguises itself as a small telescope. And so Cameron was born. Fay struggled to balance going to school with providing for her new child and ultimately had to drop out. She found a job as a fortune teller for a traveling carnival, and she raised Cameron on the road.
Fay had been a top student while she was in school, so educating Cameron herself did not seem like that great of a challenge. However, Cameron's inherent ADHD and dyslexia made him difficult to teach. But eventually Fay got through to him and was able to teach him to the normal high school senior level. He likes to stay up and watch the stars move across the sky.
Fay married the manager of the carnival. His heavy scent plus the constant moving around helped mask Cameron from monsters.
Growing up in the carnival was never dull. He was practically raised by the older carnie kids, who showed him the ways of life. While they had to help set up the carnival, at night they had full freedom. They would ride their bikes around whatever town they happened to be in, causing general havoc. They had almost gotten arrested on several occasions. It was on one of these nights that Cameron had his first encounter with a monster. A rogue hellhound, appearing as a large doberman to the mortal kids, attacked Cameron. Luckily, Cameron always carried around the little spyglass his father had left him in his pocket. He pulled it out and saw it's true form as a dagger for the first time because it had felt Cameron's need for a weapon at that time. He managed to stab it by wildly slashing at it as it was on top of him, and it disintegrated, but not before it had wounded him pretty bad. His friends took him to the hospital, and while he was there recovering, his mother told him the truth about his father's identity. One of workers from the carnival was actually a satyr who had been watching over Cameron his entire life. He had wanted to take him to camp earlier, but Cameron's mom begged to let him stay with her for longer. However, after the hellhound attack, Fay decided that it would be best if Cameron was taken to camp. He was 14 at the time of the attack and wanted to stay with his mother until he absolutely had to go, so he left once the carnival's route reached New York, which took a year.. Of course there were more monster attacks while he on was on his way to camp, but he and the satyr managed to defeat them (the satyr train him in the basics of combat). He's been at camp for a week now and is a full time camper, but always visits his mom when the carnival is in town.
Thanks for the pointers! it's been a while since i've done this... (ヾ;￣▽￣)ヾ
Hi there! I'd like to say that this is just the shortest but pretty complete claim. :)
- Gods immediately leave the mortal they would have a child with. They usually leave after an affair.
- Also, gods aren't allowed to stay with the mortal for so long. As I previously stated, they leave them both immediately. So a year is really long already. One more, they have more duties to do.
- Can you please add more on Cameron's childhood? Like how was he being homeschooled or who were his friends etc.
- Satyrs' job is to bring demigods to camp as soon as possible. Why didn't his friend did so? Did Cameron's mother told him to let Cameronstay with her for a little longer?
- The wiki has a two-week rule, in which demigods can only stay in camp for two weeks max prior to beign claimed. So two years is really really long.
All I see. Great job!
Thnaks for keeping up, though i have more points (sorry)
- How old was he when he was attacked? And remember, more monsters would come after the first. So, each year, prior to arriving at camp, an attack happens in average.
- How long has he been in Camp?
Yooo~ I'll be checking your claim soo please bear with me xD
- You said the first attack he had was when he was 15 but Cameron should've atleast had his first attack at the age of 14, would you mind adding another attack?
- Can you also put more details into his monster attacks?
Thaat's prolly all i can see ^^ good luuck~
Dear, you only have to put defined details for the first monster attack. The next you could put them in general, :)
This is ready for claiming, but one last tine question: How long has he been at Camp since he arrived? Remember about the two-week rule (I stated it in my previous comments :))\
- The first monster attack needs a bit more of elaboration:
- What caused the small telescope to transform into its dagger form (since it triggered that time but not the previous times that Cameron may have taken the telescope out)?
- As an untrained demigod, how did Cameron know how to wield the dagger? Although, he ended up pretty badly injured, how did he manage to stab the hellhound (what I mean is: how did he end up killing it before it killed him since using a dagger puts Cameron in lethal range of the hellhound)?
I have no complaints