God Parent: None (Priest of Hera)
Mortal Parent(s): Grayson Chagny and Erika Houser
Face Claim: Conor McLain
Personality: Christopher is the type of person who would trip over a broken step, break a nail and cry about, then murder whoever was responsible for the broken step. He often points out the flaws others, never acknowledging his own. Cunning and deceitful, he is only truly loyal to his master Hera.
History: Grayson Chagny and Erika Houser are married sometime in the late 1990's and soon a child is born to them a year later named named Christopher. They divorced 2 years later.
The divorce proceedings and custody battle were quick, with Erika receiving custody. She took the opportunity of being divorced and remarried many times. Christopher never bonded with any of his stepfathers, and never met his real one. He developed a disdain for this lifestyle and believed people shouldn't be allowed to be together unless if for the rest of their lives. This type of thinking kept him from developing relationships of any kind with anyone. One day, on his way from school, he witnessed a battle between two demigods fighting a hellhound. Born with the ability to see through the mist, he began researching Greek mythology, particularly the gods. He saw that they were unfaithful to their consorts and it disgusted him, except one, Hera. He saw she was faithful to Zeus forever and he was drawn to her. He began to pray to her.
From that point on, he knew his purpose was to serve Hera. He prayed, he worshipped, he even devoted shrines to her. At that point, his room was a mini Greek temple, devoted to Hera. This concerned his mother and stepfathers, but he could've cared less what they thought. As far as he was concerned, they were background noise in his mission to serve his master.
When he was 17 and living with his mother and 4th stepfather, he heard a voice in his head, "Do not fear, mortal, for I, Hera, queen of the gods, have found favor in you. I have heard your prayers. Your belief in commitment and faithfulness match my own, so you shall make a fine priest. Go to Camp Half-Blood, and you shall be received there."
"Wait", Christopher thought, in shock that Hera has finally spoken to him, asked, "How do I get to this camp?!". Suddenly, he found a letter shining in the colors of a peacock feather. Not there previously, he opened it and found that its contents bore a map to Camp Half-Blood.
Christopher left, without a warning to his mother or anyone else, and found his way to Camp. There, he was greeted by a couple of campers in orange shirts "Well hi, we've been expecting you. Hera's, uh, new priest, right?". He was then led to a large cabin beautifully decorated like the letter he received. Inside, he finds a statue that must have been of Hera, and a single mattress, clearly put out last minute. "Since you're Hera's priest with no immortal parent, you'll stay here. Never thought anyone would. We'll leave you alone, so you can get used to it all." Christopher took a look around. He knew he was going to like it here. He has been at camp for two days.
Heyooo there i'm mel and I'm here to check your claim if you dont mind me intruding that is :)
- how long was he on camp? (Sorry for asking you to do this but we have a two week policy where a char cant stay on camp for more than two weeks)
- its currently 2017 on camp... so if he was born 1990 he would be older than 17 I think...
welp thats all the issue I have here good luck :)
Fixed those two things.
Hai there, I'll be taking a look at your claim at this time!
- Please expand on Christopher's personality. It shouldn't be just listed words, instead, it should be in sentence form and a few sentences in length.
- In the history, there's a huge age gap between when he was born and the age of 17, so try your best to fill that in these 17 years with as many details as you can (not asking for a lot, but a decent amount is better than none).
- Simply his belief commitment and faithfulness isn't a strong enough reason for why Hera chose Christopher to be her priest. He is certainly not the only person in the world that holds a strong belief in commitment and faithfulness. There has to be some strong rationale about why Hera, the Queen of Olympus herself, specifically chose him out of the many possible candidates—something that makes Christopher stand out from the rest.
I edited his personality and history. The basic idea is that Hera chose him because of all the years of prayer and worship to her. Hope that's enough!
So the only thing for me is: can you expand more on how he showed his acts or devotedness to Hera through the years? I mean, praying is nice, yes, but is there anything else that made Hera want to have him as priest? Y'know, Hera's standards are pretty much high.
Good point, added more information.
hi there its me and I have a few question for you can you see?.. well not a couple just one... which is... if he was born late 1990... he'll be older than 17.. I was born mid 1990 and I'm like 22 so >.<
I meant his parents were married in the late 1990s, Christopher was born in in the early 2000's. I guess I should have been more clear. I edited his history.
ok I have no complaints soo