Name: Damask Lief
God Parent: Tyche (1st), Nemesis (2nd), Nike (3rd)
Current Age: 14
Mortal Parent: Caiten Lief
- a pair of goggles given to him by his dad for his 13th birthday
- A set of dice
- A Celestial Bronze rapier
Caiten was a drunkard and a gambler who roamed the streets of Seattle. He always pushed his luck to the very limits before finally collecting his winnings for the nights. At one point when he was drunk, he had a tryst with the goddess Tyche. A few monthes later, Caiten found an "orphaned" baby on his doorstep. He noticed that the child looked a lot like him, but didn't remember the tryst with Tyche. Caiten took the boy in anyway, and named him Damask. After he realized that he needed to be more responsible now that he was taking care of a child, he moved to Redmond.
Damask grew up learning his father's trade, mainly because his father didn't feel the need to bring him to a daycare. He ended up learning a lot of foul language, how to play poker at the age of 5, and had already tasted liquor by the time he was 9. Despite this bad upbringing, Damask was a rather well-behaved and intelligent boy. He managed to overcome his inherited disability for reading, and spent most of his allowance on D&D books. He started a gaming club in elementary school, and then a gambling club in middle school.
Damask lived pretty well until a few days after his 13th birthday. He had ended up gambling with another student who turned out to be a Lamia. He barely survived the attack, surviving only because the local satyr intervened and slew her. The satyr then explained that Damask was demi-god. The satyr then gave Damask his rapier and helped him cross the continent to get to New York. They were attacked by a flock of Stymphalian birds and were forced to stay in hiding as they slowly killed the birds one by one. Because Damask didn't know how to wield a blade, the satyr ended up teaching him while fighting the birds. By the time they reached camp, Damask had turned 14. When he finally did reach camp, he received a letter telling him his dad had died in a car crash.
Taking after his father, Damask loves games of chance, but especially loves the challenge of D&D. He is willing to take chances, and does so often, but understands that he won't always win, especially after his dad died. Despite this, Damask is always looking on the bright side of life. Even in danger or sad times, he manages to keep a smile on his face and spring in his step.
AppearanceDamask has platinum blonde hair and bright green eyes. He almost always wears his goggles perched on the top of his head as a memory of his dad. Preferring breathing room, Damask wears loose fitting clothes, and almost never wears jeans. He likes to stick with his "sweats and a t-shirt" rather than wearing "those newfangled styles".
- Kindly sign your claim with your signature (4 ~'s).
- Please provide three god choices in the order of preference even if you see your godparent choice's cabin has spots open.
- Make sure your history is 3 to 4 paragraphs covering how the god parent and mortal parent met, Damask's early childhood, his first monster attack and how he got to camp.
- I don't find a sharp edged dice a very effective weapon in combat. So my suggestion is to make it possession and add a more dependable weapon for combat.
- Kindly if you can, separate the personality and appearance into two parts. Also if it is not approximately 3 to 4 sentences please elaborate it to be so.
okay did the father know Damask was his own son? reading about Greek monsters won't really save you from one and Tyche wouldn't bother sending him a "glowing 4 leaf clover" she'd just claim him when he got to camp.
Am I correct to assume that he has been at camp ever since he was 13?
- He could not have been at camp for the last two years, or anytime between January 2012 and now.
- Goddesses take 4-5 months to give birth. Tyche would also drop the baby off at Caiten's doorstep, not just leave him on the streets.
- Why didn't the first satyr just take him to camp? Why did he make him go to another demigod, then another satyr?
No matter how long it was, he could not be at camp between January 2012 and now. It is against wiki policy.
Please explain why it took them almost a year to get to camp.