Name: Eleanor (Ellie) Rosewood
God Parent: Demeter (or if full cabin: Aphrodite, or Nemesis)
Mortal Parent: Daniel Rosewood
Appearance: Eleanor has long sandy blonde hair down to her mid-back. Her hair is usually flowing behind her. Her eyes are a gorgeous hazel green color. Eleanor's skin color is a nice shade of cream. She is only 5'4 and quite petite.
Personality: Ellie is always in a happy-go-lucky attitude. No matter when when you see her, she is in a bubbly mood. She can definitely be so annoyingly sweet! If you ever get on her bad side, she might look defenseless but in reality, she is planning your defeat!
History: Eleanor's parents met when her father, Daniel Rosewood, took one of his weekly photography trips to a beautiful field of grain. While he was taking pictures, he saw a gorgeous young woman dancing and twirling around aimlessly. He continued to take pictures of the girl, clearly fascinated by her. Daniel decided to confront the girl. When she turned to face him, he saw a beautiful majestic face. They both ended up laughing and talking all day. They danced around the field of grain like they were kids again. From then on, it was true love. After a long time of being together, Ellie's mother told Daniel that she was infact a goddess.
When Ellie's was born, flowers seemed to turn to the grinning baby and smile. Ellie didn't cry when she was born, she was born happy. Her parents looked down at her in glee. Unfortunately, Ellie's mother would have to leave soon. But they didn't want to think about that right now. All they wanted to do was celebrate the arrival of their newborn child. While Ellie was asleep in a small cradle next to them in the meadow filled with grass and flowers, her mother gave Daniel a special weapon to give to Ellie once she was "ready".
Eleanor's early childhood was great. Except for the fact that her mother left a couple months after Ellie was born. Eleanor had lots of friends. She had sleepovers almost everyday! When her father had time off from his photography job that he would take her to every day, he would take her to the same field of grain where he met her mother, and describe all the lovely moments he had with her. When Ellie was only 7 she was diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia. It made school a lot harder than it originally was. When Ellie turned 8, she quickly realized she was special. When she would tend to the garden in the backyard with her father, the flowers bloomed immediately when she got near, or touched them. I guess you could say Ellie's early childhood to be imperfectly perfect.
Ellie's first monster attack was when she was 12. She was going to a museum with her whole school. Ellie decided it was getting boring so she left the group to go outside. All of a sudden she saw a hideous creature running to her. Or slithering towards her. Apparently it was a dracanae. Somehow, while Ellie was running for her life, she managed to will the vines hanging from the trees around her to wrap around the monster. The drachnae was completely wrapped, and tangled in the vines making it impossible for it to get to Ellie. Ellie's second monster attack was around the time she turned 13. While she was sitting outside in the shade of the trees, a rather large dog came bounding towards her. It was a Hellhound. Ellie immediately got up and ran away from the monster. She managed to somehow shoot the thing with sharp poisonous pine that erupted from her hands which caused it to fall to the ground paralysed. The way the beast looked at her terrified her. It's eyes where piercing and glaring at Ellie. Her third attack before getting camp was a weird bird creature, called a harpie. Ellie was relaxing in a nearby park all by her self when she heard squaking and looked up to see a horrendous monster flying towards her. Her eyes went wide open and she put up her arms for defense, not knowing what to do. All of sudden the squaking stopped. The bird laid on the ground paralysed from the poison pine that emmited from her hands. She immediately told her father, but he said they were all her imagination running wild.
The way Eleanor got to camp was on foot. Her satyr, Jeremy who she just recently met, wisked her away one day at the age of 15, but not before she confronted her father about everything. He told Ellie the truth that she was a demigod. Once Ellie and her father said their goodbyes, and Daniel gave Ellie a medium size sword to take with her, she continued on her trip to Camp Half-Blood with Jeremy. They both got attacked only a two times. Both by harpies that didn't seem to quit. Ellie used her weird power things as she calls them. Jeremy had to continuously calm Eleanor down after each monster attack. After a very long and tiring trip, they both decided they needed some rest. They stopped by a nearby oak tree. After they both caught their breath, they continued on their long journey to Camp Half-Blood. They eventually got to camp safe and sound. Once Ellie walked into camp, she was immediately claimed.
A couple weeks after Ellie got to camp, she decided to leave. She was making zero friends which was unusual to her. She Iris Messaged her dad to ask him if she could come home for a while. Daniel, missing his only daughter, immediately agreed. After living with her father for a while, when she was about 16, she would occasionally get attacked more and more by some monsters. Such as, Hellhounds, harpies, and drachnae.
Ellie was living a pretty good life until she turned 17 and another Hellhound attacked her. This time the Hellhound came out of nowhere so she didn't see it until it rammed right into her. She flew a couple feet away and landed on the floor. Ellie was scared and looked for anything that could possibly help her. Her eyes landed on a bunch of vines hanging from a nearby tree. She used her powers to tangle the monster completely and she ran away. It wasn't until she got home that she realized that she was bleeding from her left side. It just looked like a really bad scrape and when she told her father who completely freaked out, he helped her wrap it in bandages. After Daniel was done, he realized that this time Ellie got lucky. He decided he would send her back to camp. At first, Ellie fought her father because she did not like camp very much. She soon caved in and took a plane to back to Camp Half-Blood. Now, she is still 17 and has already been claimed when she first got to camp.
Weapons: A celestial bronze sword that she got from her mom (according to Daniel), or vines/plants
- first monster attack would be at the age of 12 or 14 please change that and after the first attack the demigod would be attack more frequently soo please add that
Hi there. Before anything, I'd like to apologize for the long wait on your claim. Then, please do not panic if my comments seem lengthy :) Some of these comments became long due to suggestions given.
- Kindly change Ellie's age when her mother left her. Gods and goddesses are only given about a month or two to stay with their demigod children. After the mentioned time limit, they have to leave.
- Please also add more to her early childhood. If you can give specific events at specific ages (eg. she was diagnosed with ADHD at 5 and dyslexia the following year, or at age 9 she noticed that flowers easily bloomed when she took care of them, etc), it would be better.
- Did Ellie stay with her father? If yes, did she go with him to his job when she was still a small child or was she left with someone, like a grandparent or a babysitter?
- After Ellie was attacked by the dracanae, did she tell anyone or did she just think it was one big dream?
- Considering also that hellhounds are rather big, it would be hard to outrun them, especially if the demigod being chased isn't used to running (like routinely jogging/running around the neighborhood or doing track and field). I'd recommend checking the power set on the cabin page and have Ellie subconsciously use her powers to help her escape (like shooting out poisonous pine from her hands which could paralyze the monster momentarily).
- When did she meet Jeremy?
- Did her father know that she was being watched over?
- When they left, did either Ellie or Jeremy tell Daniel (either personally or maybe through a note)?
- What monsters attacked them on their way to camp and how were they able to defeat/escape from these monsters? (I'd recommend checking this page for monsters that you can use in your claim)
- Kindly also mention that Ellie arrived at Camp, because anything can happen to a demigod on his or her way to Camp, so saying she arrived safely would help tie up the loose end.
- Lastly, where did she get her dagger?
have to ask this but what happen in between the age of 13 and 17?
The first monster attack is a little unclear to me. How would the monster turn into golden dust just from a few vines? I suggest perhaps just changing it to the monster got so tangled in the vines that it could not pursue Ellie.
How did Ellie's father know that Demeter would eventually have to leave? Did she tell him at some point who she was? I don't think it's all that likely that she'd be capable of using her powers to full on kill a hellhound before she's had any training.
- The mother couldn't have stayed till the child was 3. It would be a violation to the direct interference policy. At least a few months after the child is born is okay.
- Children of Demeter cannot make poison oak splints (the thing she did to defeat the hellhound) grow out of their hands but they can shoot out poisonous pines which can paralyze the enemy. Check powers here.
- Daggers are used for back-up weapons. Kindly choose another weapon to use as her primary. (I love daggers too but the wiki doesn't permit it so we have to follow)