Name: Jace Rayne
God Parent: Harmonia (Athena, Zeus)
Mortal Parent: Jeremy Rayne
Appearance: 5' 11" with dark brown hair. His hair is typically well kept, sweeping to his right. He has hazel eyes and a toned build. He normally wears casual, practical clothes.
Personality: Slow to anger and quick to forgive. He can keep a level head in emotional situations, and is good at reading people. Despite this he keeps to himself and is a bit of a wallflower.
History: Jace's parents met at a coffee shop. Their meeting was brief, neither of them searching for a serious relationship. However, five months later Jace was delivered to Jeremy's door. Jeremy hadn't been expecting, or wanting, a child. As a child of Ares he knew what was coming. Having had recently started up a relationship with a mortal girl just added fuel to the flames. She left him shortly after hearing of Jace's arrival.
At first Jeremy resented Jace for ruining his relationship with the mortal woman, but eventually he was charmed by his son and grew to love him very much. Jeremy, being a single well to do man, and son of Ares, put all his effort into raising his child. He practiced sword play with Jace from a young age, teaching him everything he knew.
Jace excelled with his sword, and soon became an excellent sparing partner for his father. At the age of ten, Jace took up throwing knives. He got along with virtually everyone, though he kept only a small circle of close friends.
At the age of twelve, Jace faced his first monster attack. A single hellhound attacked him on his way home from school. Being unarmed, Jace ran for home. He didn't make it that far, the hellhound catching him and severely wounding his arm. Thankfully a passerby, thinking it was a rabid dog, intervened. He was unable to stop the hellhound, (as it basically ignored him) but Jeremy heard the commotion and came to Jace's aid, slaying the beast. The mortal thought Jeremy's arrival had panicked the dog, and that it had run away. Jace was promptly rushed to the hospital. Jeremy told the nurses it had been a rabid dog, and Jace was put under intensive care. It took a week, and Jace has a nasty scar on his arm, but he's otherwise fine.
Due to this event, Jeremy insisted that Jace was homeschooled. Sad to be cut from his friends, Jace was forced to accept. Jeremy knew it would be time to send him to camp soon, but foolishly held onto his son for as long as he could. For three years Jace and his father held out. During this time they faced Fire-Breathing Horses, Chimeras, Hellhounds, Giant Scorpions and even a couple Cyclopes's. Jace and Jeremy proved quite capable of taking out said monsters, having trained together since Jace could lift a blade. They moved whenever a severe attack took place, to keep monsters and mortals off their trail. The decision to send Jace to camp was forced when a Laistrygonian Giant attacked.
Jace was awoken by a loud crash in the dead of night, grabbing his celestrial bronze katana (A gift for his thirteenth birthday from his father) he went to investigate. He found his dad in what was left of the living room, lying in a pool of his own blood. The Laistrygonian Giant attacked immediately, and Jace, wearing his pajamas, fought the thing. Luckily his father had wounded it before he went down, striking a severe blow to the Giant's leg. Thanks to this Jace managed to out maneuver the monster, and slayed it when a hefty blow trapped the Giant's battle axe in the wall. Jace called 911 immediately after, and the police and paramedics arrived shortly after. Jace refused to say anything, hiding the weapons before the emergency services arrived. Thankfully, Jeremy survived, however he would never walk properly again. His days of training Jace were over, and he sent his son to camp. Jace boarded a plane to the US, and had a rather uneventful journey before arriving at camp.
Weapons: Celestial bronze throwing knifes. Celestial bronze katana.
- Why would the mortal see the hellhound
- If it jumped on him, he would be crushed
- Why would the dad be attacked by the Minotaur?
- Godesses do not take 9 months to give birth
- "Thankfully a passerby, thinking it was a rabid dog, intervened." That's what was seen because of the mist.
- I never said it jumped on him, only that it severely wounded his arm. I've added that it was small for clarification.
- His dad attacked the Minotaur, spending all this time aiding and training his son he attacked the thing (whatever he saw through the mist) that crashed through his living room.
- My bad. Fix'd.
Sad to say there's only one minotaur, and it is usually sent by someone.
- Goddesses' pregnancy periods are shorter than the average mortal's, so it would've taken approximately 5 months for Harmonia to give birth to Jace, and not 9.
- It still says he was attacked by a Minotaur.
- There isn't anything stating that the father was a demigod, so he a)couldn't see monsters and b) wouldn't possess a Celestial Bronze weapon, unless Harmonia gave him one, which means he couldn't defend Jace.
- I could have sworn I changed that earlier...fix'd.
- Where? I read the whole claim and I'm not seeing that...
- For simplicity's sake I've changed it so Jeremy is a child of Ares.
Ok, the neighbors would see a stray dog through the mist, not a rabid one, giving them no reason to intervene really.
Please expand on his early childhood.
|“||The decision was forced when a Minotaur attacked. Jace was awoken by a loud crash in the dead of night, grabbing his celestrial bronze katana (A gift for his thirteenth birthday from his father) he went to investigate. He found his dad in what was left of the living room, lying in a pool of his own blood. The Laistrygonian Giant attacked immediately, and Jace, wearing his pajamas, fought the thing.||”|
Which one is it?
- Shouldn't be Jace also be taken care of after the hellhound attack? As he was unarmed, he should be very injured like really really and should be healed.
- And don't Laistrygonian giants travel in packs?
- And does the father, as he's also a demigod, ever got attacked by monsters at the times Jace didnt know yet that he was demigod?
- I thought that was implied. Made it more clear.
- It was originally going to be a Minotaur, so in this case, they weren't. However, if you'd like me to change that I can.
- That's not relevant to Jace's story as it doesn't affect him, (cause Jeremy isn't killed or wounded cause he's an epic Ares kid. :P) hence why I didn't bother with it.
- How did Jace get to camp? What happened on the way to camp?
- Please elaborate on the monster attacks during the three years between the hellhound and Laistrygonian giant attack.
- I've expounded that area. Hope it's satisfactory.
- Maybe add a bit more to the early childhood.
- Jeremy is a child of Ares, correct?
Other than that, it looks pretty good. :)
- Yes he is.