Name: Lilac Owens
God Parent: Aphrodite
Mortal Parent: Keith Owens, model
Personality: Lilac is very loyal to those she deems worthy. She says what she means and doesn't hold back. She is very all or nothing in all areas of her life. She can be very friendly, but rather malicious and cruel if you get on her bad side. She is very persistent and determined and achieves most things she wants.
Kieth met Aphrodite at one of his shows. She introduced herself as Lilac. It was pretty much instant attraction. The two were perfect for each other and totally in love. They spent two months together, until Aphrodite had to return to Olympus, but not before falling pregnant. 3 months after Aphrodite left, a gilded stroller turned up on the doorstep with a note that read 'Protect our daughter'
Kieth named his daughter after his lost love and doted on her, giving her everything she wanted. Growing up, Lilac fitted in very well. She had lots of friends and many admirers. She found it hard to be normal with ADHD and dyslexia, but she mangaged well, not letting her disabilities define her. She was a wild child, taking up many sports, such as ice-skating, fencing, gymnastic and dance.
When she was thirteen, she was practicing a da ce routine in her yard when a supposedly lost dog wandered into her yard. She called He animal loving friend Beth, because she was a volunteer at an animal shelter, for help with the dog, and left to buy it some food. When she returned, Beth was fighting off the 'dog' that had transformed into a chimera. Beth threw the bracelet she always wore to her and it morphed into a well balanced sword with silver lettering on the hilt that read 'Erastís'. She somehow knew that meant lover.
As Beth was trained and Lilac had done fencing and knew how to handle herself with a weapon, they were able to formulate a plan. Beth distracted the chimera, Lilac snuck up behind the beast and delivered a lethal blow.
Beth revealed she was a saytr and told her that the bracelet was a gift from her mother, Aphrodite. She tried to take her to Camp Half Blood, but Lilac refused, because she wanted to stay with her dad.
Six months later, Lilac was walking home when she was attacked by styphalian birds. Because Beth had given her lessons on how to survive alone, she knew to blast music from her iPhone and make loud screams and noises. Eventually, the birds ceased the attack and retreated.
The attack made Beth more determined to get Her to safety, but it only made Lilac more certain she was right. After all, she handled that attack fine.
Lilac became overconfident after the attack, often leaving her bracelet at home. so, when a harpy attacked her while Beth was in the bathroom when she was fifteen, She was woefully unprepared. Foretunately, Beth returned just in time and killed the harpy.
Lilac finally agreed to go to camp and has been there for two days.
Weapons: Erastís (sword).
Hallo ballo! I'm Omnia and I'll be burrowing through your claim today~
- If you could add one or two more sentences elaborating on her childhood, that would be fantastic!
- The personality section requires at the very least TWO sentences. Please expand it. The three adjectives you have used are very general and vague.
- Fourteen is the absolute limit for a first monster attack in normal cases like these. Would you please explain why it took so long for one to detect and target Lilac?
- Is it to same to assume that Richard the 'wind spirit' is like the wind spirit from the start of The Lost Hero?
- Connected to the previous statement, why did it take so long for Richard to attack her?
- Where the heck did Beth appear from? They were on a picnic date, correct? Why was Beth with them? Did she follow them since she suspected Richard?
- Harpies are frankly not smart. They wouldn't be able to retain the disguise of a teacher for very long. Being more straightforwardly savage, they rarely take such foolhardy disguises and are more likely to be random 'head-on-attack' encounters.
- How old was Lilac when she arrived at camp? How long has she been there?
Hey there, Ill be your claim checker for today and before i can claim this claim there are a few things i think you should fix.
- Godesses do not go through the full nine months of pregnancy like a mortal women. They are usually only pregnant for 4-5 months.
- A monster would really take the time to deceive a demigod unless there was some big reason behind it. If the monster is just looking to eat the demigod then it would most likely attack
- adding on to the note above. Wind spirits are labeled as suicide monster meaning they take up to at least 5 trained demigods to beat.I don't think a satyr with only a sword (or whatever weapon they have)would be able to defeat one so easily. Maybe choose an easy leveled monster?
Thats about it for now
hey there ill be checking your claim today
- woah there, a satyr could not kill a chimera
- could you state the age in which lilac got to camp please
- this may be nitpicky, but where did beth get the bracelet from? I doubt she hands out "lover" bracelets to all the demis
all i see right now, have a nice day
- please state the age she reaches camp at the top
- so did the satyr own the bracelet but then decided to let her keep it?
- chimera, despite being easy, is a rare monster and very hard to fight. Considering she has no fighting experience, I would like more explanation here please
I have one question and thats about beth, How did she know that Lilac was a demigod? was she send by aphro?
Yes, she was sent by Aphrodite, I forgot to mention that.
I have a question, and then i think itll be good to go. So, Beth is stated to be her best friend. bEst Friend isnt a word thrown around lightly, meaning Beth would have had to spend some quality time with lilac. my question is:
if beth was sent by aphro, knowing Lilac was a demi, why didnt she ask her to come to camp before the chimera attack?
Done a brief overview and Yorkie's questions seem to have been answered. There are a few things that maybe could be expanded but that would be pretty asinine of me so I'm more than happy to claim it :D