Name: Lucy Conlin
God Parent: Poseidon, Zeus or Apollo
Mortal Parent: Elizabeth Conlin
Personality: Lucy is sweet, caring, and usually happy. It takes a lot to get her angry, but when she does get angry at someone, she holds a grudge for a long time.
History:Elizabeth and Lucy's dad met while Elizabeth was in New York, and they got very close. After a while, she got suspicious of him constantly leaving. When she would start questioning him, he would panic and leave. Eventually, she got fed up with it and told him that unless he explained, she would leave and not come back. He finally told her he was a god and what and where Camp Half-blood is, so he left before Lucy was born. They were together for about 1 year before he left, and he left and never came back, though she knew he was a god.
Even at a young age, Lucy always wondered what had happened to her dad. Her mom told her that he died in a car crash, but she didn't believe her, because she had a feeling that he was still alive. Growing up with a single mom was hard for her since her mom didn't earn much money working as a teacher her mom worked a part-time job in a bakery. As a result, she didn't get as much attention as she would like from her mom, but she was grateful for what she had. In school, she was different from the other kids. For example, when she was in 5th grade, someone was teasing her. She felt anger bubbling up inside of her, and just as she was about to burst, the water fountain next to her burst instead, yet she remained dry. When she was 10, she was walking home from school and she took a shortcut that went through an alley, where she saw a man huddled in a corner. She walked over to him, and he suddenly grew larger, and eventually morphed into a baby Cyclops. She was in shock, and she dropped her bag on the ground, and her eraser fell out of it because it wasn't zipped up all the way. As soon as it hit the ground, it turned into a celstial bronze sword with her name engraved on the handle. THE ERASER WAS A GIFT FROM HER FATHER who had given it to her mother to give to her, but it was enchanted so if she lost it, it would come back to her. She hadn't payed any attention to it before. She threw it at the Cyclops, and out of pure luck she hit it, and it disintegrated. (considering it was a big SWORD and the baby Cyclops wasn't far away, it wasn't that hard actually to hit it) She ran all the way back home before it could recover.
She didn't tell her mom what had happened, but one year after the attack, her mom decided it was time for her to know she is a demi-god anyways. Lucy was in denial for a little while, and refused to even go out of her room, but she came around and realized she was just acting childish. Her mom took her to Camp Half-Blood, but they were attacked by a Harpie on the way. Luckily, they were just at the bottom of the hill of Camp Half-Blood. Lucy made a run for it, barely making it onto the camp grounds before the Harpie could catch her. Her mom had already sped off and she was long gone. Lucy JUST turned 12, so she went without monster attacks for about 6 months, not a year.
Weapons: A celestial bronze sword with her name engraved in it
Please sign your claim with 4 ~'s. Daggers are great secondary or backup weapons but should not be used as a primary weapon. Make sure your history is at least 3 to 4 paragraphs long on how Elizabeth and Poseidon met, and her early childhood, her first monster attack (Being a child of the big three, her first monster attack should be between the 8 to 11 range), and how she got to camp. I see that you want to roleplay a 17 year old, but if she got to camp at age 13, where and what has she been doing these 4 years, she can't have been through all the events that had happened if she was never roleplayed. The best way to fix it without making too much of a change is to make her leave camp to do something, and has just returned to camp recently. That way her age can stay the same without having any loopholes (Can't find the word I'm trying to say >.<) during roleplays.
1. Kindly elaborate on the part how her parents met.
2. Having developed her powers at such a young age like, as you've mentioned, a 3rd grader is a too much.
3. First monster attacks at the age of 13 when you are a child of one of the Big Three is just too late. It usually starts at the age of 8-11.
4. Simply using a pocket knife won't kill a manticore. PLUS, facing one is suicide.
5. Her history should be at least 3-4 paragraphs as what is said in the guidelines.
Why did the water fountain burst? Why did she stay with her cousin? Was it out of frustration that her mom didn't tell her about the demigod thing? Will her mom even let her go that easily? >.< So, when monster attack begin, they continue and they'll occur more often since she's a child of one of the Big Three. You didn't mention much about her having attacks during the following years.
To add upon my colleague's comment above there, can you elaborate on the minotaur attack please? ~Moodle, Yours to command (Sig WIP).
How did her mother know her father was a god? You should also add more to the personality, as it should be at least a paragraph long.
If she knew he was a god, why would he have to lie about a business trip?
If she was having attacks between the age of 9 and 16, why wouldn't she go to camp sooner? Who was training her to fight them?
Did the kitchen knife kill the Cyclops? or just blind it? if it had killed the Cyclops then the kitchen knife would have had to be celestial bronze.
First off, it seems very unlikely (unless Lucy's that lucky) that a nine year old would be able to hit a cyclops RIGHT in the eye. I'm quite confused. You said that the fountain bursted since she was angry at 7th grade (13 right?) was she in California already or not? 9 was the first monster attack then followed by a minotaur then she left to Cali without telling her mom. And if there were numerous monster attacks there in Cali, and you also stated that she was good at archery, how had she been able to beat those monsters? Were there any celestial bronze there? And finally, please include how the mother knew about camp's existence.
There's no way Poseidon could be with just her for 2 years, seeing her off and on for those two years maybe, but if the gods courted people that long and were that monogamous (cuz the way you write it makes it sound like Poseidon only dated her for two years) he wouldn't be able to have many other kids.
Your model is already in use. You will either have to contact User:Little Unusual Me or change models.
- Why did the eraser turn into a dagger? Was it enchanted?
- When did she take these archery lessons.
- SHe was only in the third grade which is 7-8 aging. A demigod's powers aren't really there until around the age of 10. << [ If my memory helps me. ]
- A nine year-old can't really hit a towering cyclopes in the eye in one shot.
- How did she get to CHB? Please elaborate on that.
- Also, please elaborate on the monsters she killed when he lived with her cousin.
Again, you only changed it about one year for the water fountain thing. Even in the Percy Jackson books, Percy did that at the age of twelve. And for the cyclops, instead of hitting him in the eye just say that she threw the dagger and it stabbed him or something.
When did Lucy's mum give her the eraser as, if she's anything like me >.<, she'll lose it in no time unless it was enchanted to always come back to her like Percy's pen also did she ever retrieve it after throwing it at the Cyclops if it doesn't magically come back to her? ~
A minotaur, if what i recall, is sent by someone. Also that's suicide.
Umm, why would she hold the eraser while going home? I mean is it too important and that she had to use it in the streets while walking home that she didn't even put it in her pockets or in her bag? Also if the sword hit the Cyclops then it would surely disintegrate because it was a celestial bronze sword that lodged itself in the monster's skin.
Hellhounds can shadow travel, meaning she cant really run away from it unless lethal damage is done. Even if it was dazed, it would catch up to her eventually.
Why wouldn't it go after her, saying she was the only demigod around at the time?
- Colchis bulls are sent by somebody
- Colchis bulls would not just come out of nowhere
- A colchis bull would have to be killed with a weapon
- Colchis bulls are suicide
- THE Nemian lion is suicide
- THE nemian lion isn't as dumb as the bull, he wouldn't run into anything.
- Think of actual lions, they don't run into things.
- From what I recall, there's only ONE nemian lion. I may be wrong but in the books, it said Hercules killed it. It being one.
- She couln't have possibly run away from the lion unless she had flying powers. It's a lion, it wouldve caught her and killed her.
- Okay THE minotaur was sent by Hades. Okay, it does't just pop out.
- In the last olypian, it was sent by Kronos.
- There's only one Minotaur.
- Just because she going to be a child of Poseidon doesn't mean that she's special in any kind of way.
- A ten year old with no experience what so ever cannot kill a cyclops but simply throwing it.
- Why didn't she tell her mom about the cyclops? That's a pretty scary thing.
One year without any attacks for the daughter of Poseidon is very unlikely. Please add some more information on that. im tired. let's take a nap. ~J
Where did she get the eraser?
Could you please clarify this bit of a sentence?
since her mom worked as a teacher her mom worked a part-time job in a bakery
How did she get to camp?
How old is she now?
- One hit is not enough to kill a cyclops, considering she threw the sword from far away. The sword, no matter how large, would not deliver a big enough blow to kill a full grown cyclops. Also, at what point did the eraser morph into a sword?
- How did her mom know where Camp Half-Blood was? Knowing what and knowing where are not the same thing.
Just to be clear, the attack happened at 10, then it says a year later, which would put her at 11 and that she got to camp right around the time she just turns 12, so I'm presuming then, she was closer to 11 when the first attack happened? Which is fine, I just want to make sure I'm following it all correctly.