Name: Nicole Lynn Arbre (Nickname: Nick)
Gender: Female (is it possible for her to be a transgender boy -that's why she likes being called Nick- it would kind of be something in the background that he/she would come to terms with over time)
Godly Parent: Demeter (1), Athena (2), Dionysus (3)
Mortal Parent: Theodore ArbreAppearance: Tall (5 feet and 5 inches), short brown hair, seemingly large green eyes, not thin but lanky, long legs and arms, one ear pierced, defined jaw and cheekbones, tan from being outside so much. Picture:
Personality: INFJ (if you want to look at the personality type), artistic/creative, is always thinking, loves having things around her be orderly, always is trying to think systematically. Knows things intuitively and is frustrated when people ask her how she know that. Nicole trusts herself a lot and is pretty comfortable in her own skin. She loves being outdoors and loves listening to the plants. Likes people despite the fact that she is more of an introvert. Loves going to social events as long as she gets to go home afterward and relax.
History: Nicole's dad loves being outside. He went on a trip with a number of his friends to Devils Tower in Wyoming as a celebration for finishing high school. The plan was to climb to the top. They did so in record breaking time. This inspired Theodore and his best friend Scott (Nicole's "Uncle" Scott) to start an climbing escort company for Devils Tower after they finished getting their bachelors degree (which they both got in natural sciences).
About five years after string the company Theodore was doing a routine climb with a young woman and her daughter. He was very taken with the woman and her extensive knowledge of natural life. She talked about the trees like they where real people and cried when she found someone had carved something in one. The two women made it to the top of Devils Tower even faster than his friends had. After a few more meetings he knew he was in love with her. A few months after meeting, the women had a baby girl and named her Nicole. The name means "Victory of the people". Only a few months after he baby was born the mother went missing. Theodore told police and even look for her himself, he was heartbroken when she was no where to be found. He didn't know what happened to her until one day Nicole came back from third grade with a note from her mother in a gold envelope. It said:
Dear Theodore, I apologize for leaving so soon after Nicole's birth. The truth is that she is half-blood. The school she is at right now is not safe. Please keep her safe until she can go to Camp Half-Blood.
After that there was information about the camp and about other schooling options. There was also a braided leather bracelet in the envelope. If there was one thing Theodore didn't want to do it was send his daughter away after getting that news. Instead he sold his house and bought a RV. For the rest of her life until she was 13 Nicole traveled across the US with her dad and "Uncle" Scott. The two men home schooled her. In those Nicole years cut her hair short and started dressing more as a boy. Nicole's first run in with a monster was on her 13 birthday, when the three of them where climbing Devils Tower (like they did every year for her birthday). The monster was a hellhound, she had to fight it on top of Devils Tower by trowing rock and other things at it. She almost fell over the edge multiple times but eventually tricked it into falling off instead. The three of them where picked up by park ranger helicopter and the traumatized Nicole demanded answers from her dad and "uncle". That's when she found out what she was. Theodore's greatest fear was losing her like he lost her mother and wanted to deny the truth of her demigod status. He had done a pretty good job of keeping her away from monsters and danger which is why she did not find out until she was 13. But those things cannot be hidden forever. The three of then flew to Long Island where the two men got normal jobs just in case Nicole needed to go to Camp Half-Blood. They only lasted a few months before a Empousae (who had been hiding at Nicole's new school) broke into there house and attacked Nicole. Thankfully a friends of her's had walked home with her, the friend was a satyr and quickly killed the monster while Nicole looked on helplessly. Once the empousae was dead the tow ran to Theodore and Scott's office. The satyr told the to men that it was time Nick came to camp..
Nick didn't have anytime to pack a bag or anything. The three of them drove to where the letter from Nicole's mom said it was. Right before Nicole walked across the property line she hugged her dad and "uncle" goodbye. Theodore gave her the letter and bracelet from her mom to keep along with a quilt that they kept in the car. Scott gave her a pocket knife, "just in case", he had said. There was one last hug before she entered into Camp Half-Blood.
Possessions/weapons: her mother's note, the leather bracelet that turns into her celestial bronze sword, a quilt her an her dad made of old t-shirts, her "uncle" Scott's Swiss Army knife.
Hi! Welcome to CHBRP and I'll be your claimer for da day!
Okay, so this claim is good, but there are some things I've noticed:
- You said Theodore met a young woman and her daughter. If I had read this right, if Demeter was the woman, who was the daughter you are talking about?
- Hellhounds are strong, and just physical strength of pushing it off a mountain doesn't seem likely to happen. You would probably need a primary weapon and skills for that.
- Who was in the helicopter? Were they rangers?
- If the empousa attacked Nicole until her dad got home, then Nicole would probably be dead. What happened to the monster anyway, since it looks like Nicole's dad isn't clear Sighted?
- How did she arrive at Camp? This needs to be included.
- Nicole needs to have a primary weapon, something like a Celestial bronze sword or bow and arrow. A knife—especially a mundane one—is just a secondary weapon.
That's all for now, Nerdie! Hope to see ya 'gain!
Thank you so much for getting back to me.
1. The daughter would be Persephone, Demeter's daughter. 2. I kind of thought that she would have tricked it into falling off rather than really pushing it off. 3. Yes, the helicopter where rangers. 4. Well, Nicole wasn't home alone for long. Maybe she had a weapon without realizing it like it was a bracelet or something. Is a whip and expectable weapon? 5. I kind of thought the three of them drove to camp and dropped her off. 6. I thought a whip would be cool. I just need to know if that's okay.
I'll make edits to the claim. Thank you for your feedback.
- There's no problem with Nick being transgender, we have a few trans characters on the wiki, and a couple who are non-binary, so feel free to roleplay this to your leisure. As he's a trans male, I'll use male pronouns to refer to him (unless requested otherwise)
- How did Nick survive the empousai attack? They are well-known, as difficult monsters to fight, nearly killing Annabeth and Percy- two fully trained demi-gods in the course of the two books.
- Please specify what his "weapon" is.
- Nick can't have a bean plant which heals wounds. There's no such plant in Greek myth, and possession of such a plant would endanger the parity between characters.
How will this claim get put under the claims that are being processed?
All sorted. Apologies. I assumed that Summer had done that already. Also, nice nature reference in the name :) (I speak French, so I assume it's 'arbre' for tree)
Thank you for noticing that little touch :). Also, thank you for fixing the claim-placement-thingy. Is there anything else I should look at?
Your claim is in a pretty good state aside from a few issues here and there C:.
- A goddesses will not stay with a mortal for such a long time as one and a half year. Goddesses are usually with a mortal for a couple of months at most and they do not stay with a mortal during their pregnancy (which only lasts three to five months)—they usually leave after the child is conceived and will return to the mortal shortly to leave the child with any possessions and/or explanations.
- If Nicole had encountered tons of satyrs, they would have more than likely tried to persuade him to go to/bring him to camp.
- An untrained demigod wouldn't normally be able to controllably use his power all of a sudden. If Nick used his powers unintentionally, he would probably faint after the first time he used it.
Okay, it's edited.
Hey again! This can be claimed already, but some of the issues Kevin has stated above have not yet been done, I think:
- Satyrs and nymphs are also dutied to bring demigods to camp if ever they pass by them. Nicole encountered satyrs and nymphs, as stated, but why didn't they try bringing her to camp?
- And an untrained demigod can't control her powers suddenly. If Nick was frightened on her last attack, she can't 'command' plants, since she doesn't know she has these kind of powers. And she's probably faint.
That's all :)
Alright... Is that it?
Only issue I see left is with the first hellhound attack? How was Nicole able to fight off the Hellhound before tricking it if she didn't have a weapon?
I don't know, she ran and threw rocks at it. I'm sorry, but I feel that you guys are being unnecessarily picky. I have fixed the problem that you have just addressed, but I feel as though a lot of the nit-picky things you are finding I will never talk about and no one else who reads my back story will care about. I'm really sorry, but this is getting really tedious.
I see no wrong here soo