Carmen Marin (mother)
Hades' cabin (paternal half-siblings)
Manhattan, New York
Stygian iron sword
Santiago was born in Orlando, Florida. After he was born his family decided to move to Manhattan. When they were there Hades set off an expediton to go to Los Angeles (in order to reach the Underworld). Santiago's mom always told him tat his father only stayed 3 days with them after Santiago was born. When they found out he was a demigod he was sent to Camp Half-Blood.
Arrival at Camp
When he was 10 years old, his mom contacted Alexander the Great using an Iris-message (something Hades taught her)(Hades gave Carmen 3 golden dramchas and she still has 2 left)(she she met Alaxander Iris-messagely and told him the situation) to pick him up when school ended, when the satyr picked him up from his school (apparently no satyr was enrolled in his school), Santiago scared-kicked the satyr's hindquaters (The satyr did wear pants). When the satyr introduced himself and his mission, Santiago did not belive him at first, and he told the satyr so. The satyr , in order to make Santiago belive him, rolled his right blue-jean-leg. What Santiago saw amazed him, he had goat legs. After two minutes of exchanging ideas of Santiago's acctual life, he went to his moms place and told her that he was packing for the summer, his mom gave him a kiss in the cheek and told him that she already packed for him. When Santiago got his final supplies, his mom gave him a Stygian iron sword and eplaining his father gave it to her so she could give it to him when the time came.
First Monster Attack
Halfway across the way to Camp Half-Blood, Santiago and his satyr friend encountered an 'epomusa. Santiago defenlessly (briefly) he grabbed his sword (that's why I said briefly) and slashed the epomusai. Unfortunatly, an epomusa jumped. The other, for some reason, stayed on ground. The epomusa that jumped suk her teeth is Santiago's neck. The satyr played his reed pipes and a root emerged from the ground, and crumbled the other epomusa. After the satyr got out of the shock after encountering the epomusai, he explained that the sword was made by Stygian iron and that it could dissolve the essence of the monsters.
There, he was claimed by Hades the day he arrived. When he saw his cabin he was amazed, every thing he saw was things he always imagined. Santiago has only 2 days at camp.
Santiago has many aspects in wich are included his humbleness. His studiness and deadlike feelings of sadness. If you get to meet Santiago at first sight, he might look murderous. But after you get to know him well you know that he is a bit defenseless.
Like all children of Hades, Santiago's fatal flaw is holding grudges. But before leaving home, his mother warns him not to do so.
As you see Santiago he looks- for some reason- first chocolate-brown skinned and then deadly pale. He has brown eyes and smiles frequently.
Santiago doesn't know much about Hades. He knows not to question his judgment. He also knows his Roman counterpart: Pluto. His symbols of power: The Helm of Darkness and Cerberus.
Santiago feels close to his mom due to the fact his dad never showed up.
Although Santiago doesn't know much abot his other family, he gets along with the Hades cabin.
Santiago only saw Persephone in dreams, her warning him to be cautious.
Bill is the satyr that picked up Santiago at his school, and they are now also best friends.
Due to the argument between Hades and Demeter, he doesn't get along with the Demeter cabin.
Child of Hades Powers
- Children of Hades can create one weapon out of diamond at a time or enhance an existing weapon of their own or an allies with a diamond coating that makes them unbreakable and stronger. After a short time, the diamond weapon/coating becomes weak and brittle.
- Children of Hades can create very small fissure in the ground which spew small amounts of hellfire for a few moments before closing. The hellfire is more powerful than normal fire, but it’s likely to harm the user, so this power must be used carefully.
- Children of Hades have the ability to create a dome of hardened soil and diamonds, roughly two or three times the size of the user, which can be used to block attacks for a very short time.
- Children of Hades can conjure a set of very durable bone armor around themselves which grants enhanced protection against physical attacks. The longer the armor is maintained, the more energy is drained. After which, the armor grows weak, brittle and falls off the user’s body.
- Children of Hades are able to communicate with and command the dead, able to sense spirits or other undead beings. .
- Children of Hades can sense when a mortal, half-blood, nymph/spirit that they know has died through a "buzzing" in their ears.
- Children of Hades have the ability to Shadow Travel, to teleport from shadow to shadow; the further the distance, the more energy drained.
- Children of Hades have a heightened control over undead and can usurp dominance from others who control undead who aren’t also children of Hades.
- Children of Hades can telekinetically move dead matter.
- Children of Hades can bend shadows around them, concealing them for a short time.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hades are able to summon skeletal/zombie humanoids/animals to do their bidding, the more animals summoned and the bigger they are, the more energy is drained. Any armor/weaponry the undead possess increases the strain of the summoning. The undead can then be controlled by the mind of their summoner; the longer they are summoned, the more the summoner is drained of their energy.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hades can use their energy to enhance their undead minions causing them to be more limber and be able to endure more attacks, essentially, undead meat-shields. The user can fight beside the constructs, but not at full force.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hades are able to use many recent deaths to empower themselves for a short time, making them stronger and quicker. The user is immune to all attacks and receives a boost in their existing abilities over necromancy. Once the transformation subsides and the user reverts to normal, they are immensely drained, cannot move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Hades have innate knowledge of the Underworld, able to guide themselves and allies to how to enter,explore and escape the Underworld. (as long as they aren’t already dead)
- Children of Hades tend to have dark attitudes and appreciate shadowy places.
- Children of Hades typically have an appreciation for the earth, feeling more comfortable on the ground rather than being in the sky or the sea.
- Children of Hades often grow up to make great morticians.
Like most half-bloods, Santiago is very skilled in both Ancient Greek and fighting, therefore, he has ADHD and dyslexia.
Santiago does not know much details about before his life but he did know that his mother in the cementary summoned his father and Hades fell in love with her. She bought wine (nectar) and tomatoes (ambrosia) from a store wich was meant to be for demigods. She poured wine (nectar) and tomato (ambrosia) at the darkest hour. She did an experiment on a reasearch that said that if someone did that, they would be immortal. She summoned him not knowing that he would appear. She tried for half an hour but succeeded. Hades did not appear in person, he only apperead in the mist. Since his mother at first dit not want his son to have her last name she gave him Rodriguez instead of Marin. She did that because she wanted her son to be safe and swore never to change that little flaw in his name. After Hades explained that monsters did not tack monsters by last name but scent his mother was devasted.
Hello there! I'll be you claim checker for today!
- A whole claim consists of a good 3-4 paragraphs which contains:
- Meeting of parents
- Early childhood
- First Monster attack
- Arrival At Camp
- Please have the Personality in 2-3 good sentences; just lone words isn't quite enough. Also, we don't apply anymore having 3 god choices. You can have the one god of your choice.
- Celestial bronze weapons are the best weapons of choice. You will need a primary weapon (something liek a sword or bow and arrow) since knives are of secondary use. But please state how he got it, too.
- Please state how old he is during his first monster attack (ave. age is 11-13; children of Big Three are often attacked during 8-10 years old) and during his arrival at Camp
- Please sign your claim with 4 tildes (~) to know who owns the claim.
All that first! Come message me if you need any help! :)
Hello! Welcome to the wiki! :D
- You don't need to put in any coding for this page. If you're looking for a claim template, I dug up this one to show you what a claim should roughly look like. As Summer said, you should have a couple of paragraphs which describe the life of your character in moderate detail
- Additionally, after the events of the Percy Jackson books, it was decreed that all future demigods would be claimed by their parents shortly on arrival to Camp Half-Blood, and no later than around their 13th birthday. Obviously we can stretch this for wiki purposes, but Santiago would still probably be claimed a couple of days after reaching camp.
Heyooooooo there I'll be your claim checker today and I have to say nice claim! This claim is almost perfect if I dont have one tiny question for you~ How long was he at camp? cause camp have this two weeks rule which makes it metagaming if your char is here for more than two weeks so yeah sorry >.< (still have to say nice joke on the "they do wear pants" made me laugh!)
I just noticed something can yu explain how the mom summon hades?
Umm, one little thing, why did the mom summon Hades? And I, in my opinion, don't think Hades can be summoned in such a way. But feel free to correct me.
Sorry really for the lots of comments, but why would the mother just do some ritual in the darkest hour? Was she thinking of something or just playing around? And there would be little chance that Hades shows up now that he's so busy. See, even in the books, he doesn't show himself up even though it's war time.
Just a friendly reminder about not removing claim checkers' comments as we keep them as a reference. Also, infoboxes are solely used for character pages, so it'd be best if you format your claim in our claim format.
- As Summer previously stated, it's unlikely that Hades will be summoned like an experiment like that, given how busy gods are. How did Carmen even get nectar and ambrosia? The food and drink are used by demigods and are not something mortals will be able to get their hands upon under most circumstances.
- Please expand on the god parent and mortal parent meeting paragraph (how they fell in love, the conception of the child, and etc.). For clarity, consider placing the paragraph with the rest of the history.
- Please expand on Santiago's early childhood, providing a bit about every few years.
- How exactly did Santiago's mother have contact with a satyr?
- Empousai are medium difficulty (requiring at least 3 demigods to kill), the fight should be difficult since Santiago is an untrained demigod. Without a plausible explanation, it's unlikely that the duo would be able to straight up defeat the monster. But, do take a look at these monsters if you want something easier.
- How long has Santiago already been at camp?
Heyooooo first off let me appologize for being "too harsh" like sorry but rules and such >.<
still I noticed something... how long did Hades stay with them? and also "unknown" tech?" how about say "the satyr found him while scouting the school" less advance but hey it works right?
Sorry for the lots of comments, but this is to keep fairness and the rules c:
So, the unknown technology is the Iris message,yes? It's a good thing, but my only question is how did the mother know where to find the satyr? Iris messages need the address of the one to contact.
- Please use the proper claim format for your claim as the current format is solely used for character pages.
- Nectar and ambrosia isn't something that is sold at stores since it can only be used by gods and demigods. And to reiterate, Gods are awfully busy, and there needs to be a legit reason for them to be summoned by a mortal and I think that Carmen doing an experiment on a grave doesn't fall under that realm.
- Please expand on Santiago's early childhood, providing a bit about every few years.
- Chiron is no longer at camp, our camp director is Alexander the Great.
- If I'm reading it right, Santiago and the satyr encountered two empousai. If so, it's unlikely that the two would've been able to kill both of the monsters. Each one requires 3 to 5 demigods to kill and with their ability to enchant men, the fight would've been extremely difficult and likely a loss under most circumstances. A suggestion would be to have them encounter one easy monster.
welllllllll unlike my "dead.. I mean dear" friend here I dont really mind the monster part so guess what?
Sorry again for the lateness >.<