Name: Violet R. Pearce
God Parent: Apate, Tyche, Zephyrus
Mortal Parent: William Pearce
Appearance: Brown, short hair, with one piece of hair that constantly falls into her face. She has bright, hazel eyes, that almost always have a hint of mischief shining in them. Her skin is a bit pale, with dimples and some freckles on her cheeks. Her legs are long, but she's only 5'6", so not THAT long. She's rather thin, and almost always has a slight smirk on her face.
Personality: Violet is very cunning, and doesn't suffer fools. She enjoys pulling pranks on people--even though she's great at the lying part, she's not so great at the actual set-up. She has a quick wit, and a sarcastic sense of humor. Some would say she's a sociopath, but she prefers the term 'unique'. Even though she seems like she doesn't care about people, she actually cares deeply about people close to her.
History: Once upon a time, in a not-so-faraway land (a.k.a. Detroit, Michigan) there was a man. This man's name was William Pearce. One day, he met an absolutely stunning lady at a masquerade party. He asked her for her number, and a few days later, they met up at a coffee shop. It seemed like love. One day, after they had been together for about 3 months, she told him she was having a baby, and left after explaining everything. She also left a map to a camp in Long Island, New York. Approximately 4 months later, a basket showed up at William's front door.
Violet grew up with her father. Her mother had left at a very early age--she didn't even remember her. Consequently, she didn't really care about who her mother was. She was great at lying to people, although she was never sure why. She didn't really care about this, either. It made her life easier, so she wasn't going to look the gift horse in the mouth. She was happy.
In middle school, Violet was bullied. This one kid would shove her against the lockers, and beat her up. She almost always came home with bruises, but she lied to her father and said that she was clumsy and tripped a lot. One day, it was getting worse. She was running from her bully, and wished more than anything that he would just turn around and go away. She turned to see if she needed to run faster, and saw the bully running in the other direction. She wondered what made him do this, and she stopped. She was getting extremely exhausted, for whatever reason--she hadn't been running for very long. She felt like she was going to pass out. Before long, the bully stopped and turned back around, realizing what had happened. Violet still hadn't realized, however. As the bully looked around to see where she had gone, she turned and ran for it. She was found by a teacher, passed out in the parking lot. (When she woke up, she, of course, lied about it being her that made him turn around.)
One day, when she was 13(turning 14 soon), Violet was walking home from school when she heard a snarling noise from a nearby bush. Assuming it was one of the neighbor's dogs, she kept walking. But soon, she heard the noise again, and a huge black beast leaped into the path in front of her. Violet froze in shock, seeing this dog-like creature in front of her. It let out a snarl, and Violet realized she should probably run. She turned and ran across the street, and heard the beast following her. She hoped with all her might that it would lose interest if she ran fast enough. She felt that same energy-draining feeling from middle school, and looked behind her. The beast had turned around, and was running the other way. She used this bought time to run home as fast as she could, and lock the door behind her.
Soon after that, when she had turned 14, her father told her he was sending her to a special year-round camp. He explained to her why he was doing it, that it was to protect her. He also explained her powers, and told her the story about him and her mother. She didn't want to go--she loved her father dearly, and didn't want to leave. But her father would hear none of it. So, they packed her bags, and he took her to the camp. A few days later, she was standing in front of the archway that said 'Camp Half-Blood', and felt a sense of being at home. She is now 14 and 5 days(she keeps track), and has almost gotten used to her new home, 5 days in. (Almost.)
Weapons: Violet prefers using a longsword, made of celestial bronze that's disguised as a rubber bracelet she wears on her wrist. (Fittingly, this bracelet says 'Troublemaker'.) She affectionately calls this sword 'Anklebiter', because that's where she usually aims first. On occasions, however, she's been known to use a simple celestial bronze dagger instead.
- How old was Violet when she was first attacked? First monster attacks occur before age 14, so what you have works perfectly, though if Violet didn't go directly to camp after her first attack, she'd have to have at least one subsequent attack per year until she gets to camp. The monsters you're allowed to use for these attacks are the non-unique Light Monsters, since they're the ones a young demigod could most plausibly survive. (These are all wiki policies, BTW, so sorry if it seems picky but rules are rules *sweatdrop*
plz don't hate me dear Padawan D:)
Now for some positive comments! :3
- Oooh, I like your godparent choice, Apate, and Violet's personality! "She prefers the term 'unique'," xDDD
- The references to her powerset when Violet dealt with the bully was subtle but shows ya did your research, kudos! *high-fives Oddseh*
That's it for now; see ya around! :D
Ooh, thanks for the tip! I edited it like you said~ Okay, so I was a LITTLE lazy about it, but hey, her dad is overprotective anyway sooo yeah. ouo *high-fives back* Oddseh612 (talk) 21:57, October 26, 2015 (UTC)
- What happened after Apate told William that she was having a baby? Goddesses tend to leave a mortal after the child is conceived (since they do not give birth in mortal hospitals). They will return very shortly after the child is born to leave the child with the mortal with any possessions and/or explanations before leaving again.
- While children of Apate are able to use their powers to enemies to face the opposite direction and charge at that direction, an untrained demigod would not be able to freely use their powers at will. Violet may have unintentionally used the power to mislead the hellhound, but the she would probably faint and/or be extremely exhausted the first time she uses her power.
- Please include Violet's current age and specify the exact age that Violet got to camp in the claim.
21:40, October 27, 2015 (EST)
Again, thanks sooo much for the tip! I really appreciate it. I fixed it, and I hope it's better now~
Thanks for making the changes, but there are still a few issues left to be fixed (all which where should be simple changes), before your claim can be approved C:
- A goddess' pregnancy does not last as long as a mortal's—theirs usually last approximately 3 to 5 months.
- I personally think that Violet making the bully face the opposite direction twice in succession is a bit too much. At her age, her powers only began to develop and even using it once is ridiculously exhausting for a demigod's first time.
- From the history, Violet got to camp soon after she turned 14 and she is currently 14 and 3 months old, so it seems that she has been at camp for a a little less than 3 months. But, you also included that she "has almost gotten used to her new home, 5 days in", which seems to imply that she's only been at camp for 5 days. So, kindly clarify how long she's been at camp. If it is 3 months, note that to avoid metagaming, after the end of the history, a character can only have already been at camp for a maximum of 2 weeks.
If all things goes well, then fingers crossed, I should be able to approve this claim after this! ^~^
Ooh, I'm so excited! I'm really eager to start roleplaying with Violet. ^_^ I made the (hopefully!)final edits, so I'm definitely ready!
There's still one thing that I previously missed—please also include in the history about how William and Apate met, instead of jumping straight to stating that they are in love. This should be it, unless I ended up missing something yet again C:.