God Parent: Hephaetus
Mortal Parent: Caroline Besta
Appearance: He is tall around 6'2 and a lean but thick build and beautiful ebony skin. He has a barrel chest and large arms athlete legs and an abed stomach. Although most of his clothes are fire retardant he usually wears a knit cap, dark reflective sun glasses, white button-up collar shirt with the sleeves rolled, a black button-up vest, a loose black tie, fingerless black gloves, dark slightly faded jeans and white shoes. He will usually be seen with a lollipop between his lips as well
Personality:Xanxus is a natural leader with great charisma. Despite this he is a dreamer and is usually in the clouds. A brilliant mind and a genius in his own right, he has a suave you can't put a hand on without knowing him. He attracts people to him he is like the flame in the night. Though at first glance he is a giant who always smiles, when someone he loves is hurt he gets angry. His flames are those of rage and nothing stops his rampage. Despite that he is usually up for any challenge thrown his way. He gets serious and nothing stops him no matter what
History:Caroline Besta was a engineer in college and was the best at what she did. Her ideas changed the way people thought and her inventions shed new light. Intrigued by this a student from someplace overseas transfers to college. She meets the first and only challenge ever, they compete and only grow closer until she has the baby of the one man she truly ever loved . Xanxus was born. It is after the fact he comes back to her one night holding a box and some flowers and explains to her who he actually is. Hephaestus the god of fire and forge.
He was raised around blueprints, coffee, unfinished products and prototypes. His mother being an engineer didn't have much time but the time she did have she always spent with him. Just like his mother inventing was a way of life, since when he could first hold a tool and read at 8 he built. Until one day his mom sat him down and explained who he really is, and what he has come from. He looked at his hands and like any kid says "So I have super powers", His mom smiled and shook her head "Yes you do little man".
He was twelve years old at his school science fair and having a blast his project was fire through the ages. The judges come but his display goes haywire after the fair he gets a thanks for participating ribbon. He is mad about the fair walking away from the school thinking to himself "I am 12 years old and getting a ribbon like this" but, he looks up and is face to nose with a fire breathing horse. The first word through his mind is "Fuck" the next is "MOVE" he rolls to the side on instinct as the horse blows flames from it's nostrils. He thinks to himself how to get out of this and looks at the horse's flames already rising in it's nose for a second blast. He grits his teeth and stands still as the blast connects, it makes him rock on his heels but he realizes he is not that affected by it. Seizing his opportunity he puts his hands behind him and runs at the horse hard. Jumping into the air he throws his hands around the horse's thick neck, he feels a tug in his stomach and he erupts into flames. He briefly hears the horse whinny as the field they are in is burned crispy. He passes out in the grass naked and smelling of smoke his hair singed at the tips.
He gets home and his mom comes in his room, I have something for you" she hands him a package with Greek writing on it. It says "for inventing only" across the box as he opens it he finds it full of a metal alloy known as CB. Later that night he promise himself he will never be caught like that again so he goes to work making weapons to protect himself. He spends the next few years inventing, and learning about what attacked him, learning hard truths about Greek Mythology and how to fight the monsters after him . He made a robot that dispensed lollipops and snacks for him called MiniRow. He tells his mom how bad the attacks get ,how they might just kill him, and she flies him out to New York to live with an Aunt. In New York he becomes a street performer at 17 to earn a little bit of money. He special makes his items with CB so he could fight with them if need be during a show. He learns to control small fires and add dyes, but also juggles axes and spin knives and wires. One night walking home from a show he crosses near the beach and sees shapes moving. Thinking a someone might have drowned he rushes down the sandy hill sliding and stumbling, finally close enough he shouts "Are you alright!". The figure let's out a bark and a net is thrown at him, but on instinct he pulls the tomahawks outs and slices through it. He checks his surrounding and two more figures have joined the first they circle him letting out barks and growls. "I'm outta here" he thinks and back pedals then trips on the sand "Fuck" he thinks as he falls. He hits the sand and one of the figures raise a trident type weapon, he closes his eyes and says "end it quickly".
The attack never comes and when he looks up the telekhines are trapped in vines and another figure is walking down the beach. "Dang it another one" he says quietly and gets up ready to fight. The figure holds up his hands and says "whoa I am friendly", they talk and he finds out that the figure is a satyr and wants to take him to a safe place. After grabbing a bite to eat at a nearby Fast food joint they make their way to camp half-blood. He settled in comfortably and still visits his mother, and has been there for nearly a week he had just turned 18.
Weapons 8.Two CB hollow tomahawk(Primary), CB throwing knives with CB wires (secondary)
- Okay, so what happened to his encounter with the fire-breathing horse? I'm assuming it was his first monster attack, so please explain what happened then.
- His dream about his dad is considered a direct interference of the god parent to the demigod himself, since gods musn't interfere with the incoming attacks of the demigod and telling him how to defeat them for good.
- How old was he really during the science fair, which I also assume was the time when the horse appeared? 10 or 12?
- Why did he become a street performer when he's so young? Did the mother know about the camp that she brought Xanxus to New York, specifically?
- If the satyr had watched him for times, why didn't he just bring him to the camp directly instead of still giving him a whistle?
- How exactly did they go to Camp? And how old was he then that time?
- Xanxus must have a primary weapon, something like a sword or bow and arrows. Knives are considerd only as secondary weapons.
hi there I'll be your claimer today and I have to say nice claim! but before I can claim this I have a few questions
- how did he get some CB iron?? like seriously how? cause those stuff is hard to get
- why didnt the satyr take him to camp when he found him? rather why give him a whistle when he can just send the kid then and there?
- soo was he attacked after the first attack?
me again, my dear.
- First, I don't think he can just move quickly after he was blasted by the horse, even though he's fire-proof, and horses are fast, what mroe with their sensitive senses. And what happened to the people at the fair?
- And second and another repeated question, satyrs are really sure whether it's a demigod or not. That's one of their abilities. So, he should probably asked him to come with him to Camp, or accompany hi mfirst to his mom, ask permission, and go together.
- Third, did his mom tell him about whatever demigod stuff he is for it looks liek he knows already baout his real identity? (if i missed that, then sorry)
All that, dear.
quick question... where did he get the CB from??
last question and we're done... how long have he been in camp?
there's a two weeks rule on camp soo either change duration of him being here or change the age
Ok after reading this thoroughly I just notice a few bugs
- How did the mom know about his 'godly' side? you didnt mention hep (I refuse to spell his name sue me) telling her
- In the second paragraph I noticed you said the mom gave him some metal... Is it CB?
- Define 'the attack got worse' in fact explain HOW the mom knew it got worse...
you still havent explain HOW the mom knew it got worse... did she see the monster? did he told her? was she a victim of one of them???
- You're not specific enough about his mother's occupation or how she met Hephaestus. Also, the making something 'not metal' portion doesn't really make any logical sense. There are many substances which one can use to construct (ie: clay, plastic) which are not made out of metals.
- Celestial Bronze is extremely rare. It's stockpiled by the camp and the gods themselves. A human inventor wouldn't really have access to this. Even in the books, Annabeth's dad is only able to reforge Celestial Bronze by melting down a few of Annabeth's old weapons iirc.
- What's his sciene fair invention? The excess detail doesn't really add anything to the monster attack. Additionally, fire is a rare power for Heph kids. Yes, I know Hydro (stupidly imho) changed it, but it's specifically stated that demigods struggle to control fire. It'd be very difficult for him to control that much fire without burning the school down, while holding down a horse with his bare hands. (horses are much stronger than humans.) It'd make much more sense for his invention to somehow help him wrangle the horse imho.
- Why isn't Xanus sent straight to camp after his first attack?
- Please state Xanus' age in the claim
- Gunpowder cannot be used as a main weapon. Same as alcohol. This is an extension of the rules which prohibit the use of modern weapons such as explosives/firearms, which didn't exist at the time of the Greek Myths. Also, it is very vulnerable to metagaming. As a son of Hephaestus, Xanus can probably make traps out of alcohol etc, but he'd probably have to find it in the field.
- Just like Fate said above, it would be pretty hard for him to control that much fire on his first monster attack
- Also again like Fate stated above, Gun powder and alcohol could not be used as a weapon.
- Why is minirow considered a weapon? From what i red all it can do is dispense snacks and lolipops
Simply putting primary on the tomahawks and secondary on the gun powder and alchohol doesnt mena you fixed the problem. Please kindly remove Gun powder and alchohol completely off the weapon area to avoid any problems later thank you.
Hey nin so i only have one question. was he given CB twice? Because in the 2nd paragraph it says he was given CB. then later on at 12 he was given CB again? CB is a very rare metal that is mostly only obtainable at camp or Olympus so were is the mother getting all this CB? Sorry in advanced if i didnt read correctly or misunderstood something
- Did the mother not know about camp? If she did why wouldnt she send him to camp when he told her the attacks just might kill him?
- Also how did he beat all the monstres throughout the years? Did he have any training? I mean he just doesnt automatically know how to use a weapon.