Name: Ziya Ashton
Age: 16 now
Mortal Parent: Keiran Ashton (has clear sight)
Appearance (optional): Ziya is pretty beautiful so she is liked by a lot of boys, but turned a lot of them down. During the winter, however, she becomes dull. She has her hair open during the summers, but in braids during the winters. Her hair is black. Her eyes are greenish, light green in the summers and a darker shade in the winters. She has strong arms, working in the fields, she is slim and is 5'9.
Personality (at least a sentence or two): Ziya is usually a happy girl. She cares for those who care for her, something she learnt from her father. She has something for the colour green, but when winter comes, she likes the colour black too. She hates people who damages crops and trees, especially the woodcutters. She tries to conserve the planet too. She does not like fertilizers, and insists on her father to use manures instead.
History (more than a paragraph):
The first thing she remembers is her mother's golden aura. Then she remembers her father.
Her father was a farmer in a village in the Connecticut state. One day when Persephone was strolling through the village, she found Keiran farming. He appeared to be very plant loving. She started to flirt with him, and after a few days Ziya was born.
Ziya helped her father at a very young age. It seemed that the plants grew because of her.
Till Ziya was 3, Keiran gave most of his time to her. When she turned 3, she used to watch her father farm. At 5, she did the work of scaring the scarecrows away. When she turned 6, she started doing some work herself. It was easy for her to grow plants, especially flowers.
When she was 7, she started going to school. She was dyslexic and had ADHD. The other girls teased her for being dyslexic, but actually they were jealous of her beauty.
One day, when she was 11, a weird doggy (a Hellhound) emerged from the ground. Ziya was scared. She hoped someone binds the dog. And two vines emerged from the ground and wrapped it. The dog tried to get free, and while it couldn't, it destroyed her father's crops. This angered Ziya. She punched the hellhound in the stomach hard, and then ran away. She fell asleep for 12 hours straight afterwards. Keiran started to understand what was happening, but didn't tell her.
When she was 12, she had her first crush. The boy was deeply in love with her too. He was in love with her even during the winter. He was named Alberto. The other boys had liked her, but by winter, they didn't like her. The boy ran away from the village the next summer. The boy was a son of Hades who was running away. He had taught her about monsters, such as the weird doggy was a Hellhound. She also learnt her plant growing skill.
After he left, Ziya didn't have any boyfriend, but surely she did have some crushes, and many crushed her back.
Each year, some more Hellhounds appeared, first she just ran away after trapping it with vines, then she started killing them. She has 7 hellhound teeth.
On the morning of 30th April when she was in the fields with her father, a really large strong hellhound emerged from the ground. She didn't know why they all were coming, having faced around 11 hellhounds already. It was then that her father revealed that her mother was a goddess and that he had Clear-sight, but did not know much about who her mother was. He gave her a torch, that could turn into a scythe (Ziya had been hiding the fact that she had been attacked by a hellhound, and Keiran wanted her to learn how to defend herself). She had started to connect the dots after all Alberto had told her, but she wasn't completely sure. She knew that her mother was a plant goddess. She defeated the hellhound with the help of a satyr who had just recently run over to there.
Then the Satyr took Ziya to a camp in a cab.
Weapon(s) (optional): Her scythe, which can change into a torch.
Hullo and welcome to the wiki! Interesting claim so far, although there are some things in need of changing.
- Could you talk more about how Persephone met Keiran? And about the pregnancy
- the absolute latest age a demigod can have a monster attack is age 14, so please change this
- I don't believe we count spartoi's for monster attacks, so please choose another monster from here. Make sure it is an easy monster.
- This could be nitpicking, but why did all the boys she dated die?
- How did she fight the monsters with her dad? Like, where did the weapons come from and how did they know how to fight
All I see right now, hope to see you back soon!
- Again, could you talk more about how Persephone met Keiran? And about the pregnancy
- the absolute earliest for a monster attack is nine
- Again, I don't believe we count spartoi's for monster attacks, so please choose another monster from here. Make sure it is an easy monster.
- Gonna ask why the boys died again
- A demigod should have one monster attack each year after they are first attacked. You don't have to go in detail, but how did the demigod manage to defend herself from these attacks?
all I see right now
Hello there! Nice claim, but let's fix up some points:
- After a first monster attack, which in the history she was 11 (right?), there usually must be an attack each year after that, as stated by yorkie above.
- Why didn't she have any attacks after having the Hades guy as a boyfriend? Did he kill them or what?
- Also stated above, we don't count the spartoi for monster attacks, since they need something for it to grow and with a specific reason, more like by a god or someone powerful. And they are seriously hard to kill. Please choose an easy monster here.
- A simple farming scythe couldn't kill or even harm a monster. Remember that CB weapons are the ones who can slice into them. Please change the weapon, too.
All for now. See you again! :)
Okay, thanks for those changes! But why a Fury? I mean, yeah, Furies attack either because Hades' sent them or because the child did something really bad. Ziya might not know why the Fury appeared, but you would know, so please state. And also, they would need skills to fight a Fury. How did she and her father know how to fight?
Alright, see you!
She had one every year, except when she was 12 (and had the Hades guy as boyfriend. During that year, well, the hellhounds didn't want to attack him. I exchanged sparoi with fury. And I fixed the weapon too
- Since you chose to include the appearance, there's a few minor things I need to bring up (should be quite easy to fix). Is her hair dyed (a combination of black and green is not a natural hair color)? In addition, even if she's a demigod, her eyes wouldn't be able to change colors based on the seasons.
- Since the hellhound encounter at the age of 11 is Ziya's first monster attack according to the history, it needs to be expanded upon. You should explain and provide details about the encounter and how she killed the hellhound.
- Hades wouldn't just send a fury to attack Ziya out of spite that she's Persephone's demigod child. Furies generally only attack demigods who have committed dastard crimes.
- It seems that Ziya was taken to camp in September of last year, this means that she's been at camp for 7 to 8 months already. However, to avoid metagaming, the maximum time a demigod can already have been at camp prior to being roleplayed is 2 weeks.
Hi again! I don't know if you've finished editing, but the points that Kevin said above ^ are missing still. Expand her first monster attack/encounter. Hades wouldn't just send a Fury despite that she's Persephone's kid. (no connection). Ziya might've probably been in camp 7-8 months but rule is that noly 2 weeks can a demigod be i ncamp before the time she's claimed here.
About the hair, dyed or what? (Seriously, no cases of green hair naturally.) Her eyes just couldn't naturalyl darken during just the winter. (Is itt becasue of the Reyleigh effect or what?) So, yeah, just reminding.
- Eyes can naturally darken
Just a friendly reminder that you still need to fix the third point from my last comment (the one about the fury) and you still need to follow-up on Summer's comment above C:. In addition, there's one more thing—children of Persephone don't have the ability to cause thorny plants to surround their hands that doesn't hurt them.
- A mere punch (no matter how strong the punch is) would not be able to kill a monster and would probably only injure the hellhound slightly at most since only Celestial Bronze and Stygian Iron are fatal to monsters.
- To clarify, by "special" scythe, do you mean that the scythe is something dear to Ziya, or are you implying that the scythe has some special abilities?
- For future reference, not all hellhounds are within Hades' jurisdiction. It's been proven that some will attack children of Hades.
- Time out — did she or did she not use her powers for the first time to defeat the first hellhound? If she did, please mention that she was exhausted or fatigued afterwards. Any demigod using their powers for the first time would be.
- Whoa there. Am I correct in assuming her ex-boyfriend pulled a freaking tsundere and killed everyone she loved after him? That's what I see implied in the line "both of them had died due to her first boyfriend."
- Er, I'm sorry for asking so much, but could you please clarify that she defeated the next hellhounds? The "all died" threw me off a bit; it's a little confusing.
- Could her father see through the Mist? Otherwise he'd have seen something else in place of the hellhound.
- Generally, mortals cannot use Celestial bronze weapons (mainly because it would go straight through their grip), but there have been loopholes around this iirc; I guess the scythe thing is okay.
- The father only busted out the special scythe now? Did Persephone explain the demigod/Greek gods thing to him before she left? Or did she just give him a weapon and told him monsters would come after his kid? (As unrealistic as the last one is, this has happened so many times in claiming history. Gods are unpredictable.) Because if Keiran knew about monsters attacking Ziya, wouldn't he protect her sooner?
- Ziya's early childhood could use some expansion, preferably providing a bit about every few years.
- How was Ziya able to control her powers during her first attack? While she may have accidentally make two vines emerge to wrap around the hellhound in the heat of the moment, an untrained demigod wouldn't be able to use her powers, all of a sudden, to control the vines . Also, her punch or the vines wouldn't be able to kill the hellhound since only Stygian Iron and Celestial Bronze weapons can kill it.
Hiya. I wanted to clear up a few misunderstandings that have been said on this claim. I hope that's okay :D
- Actually, adrenaline generally has been known to make demigod powers work. It would be tricky but it is entirely possible (there are many many examples of this in canon) for demigods to suddenly develop their powers. However, this wouldn't be particularly refined. In addition, Kevin is wrong in that there are other things that can kill monsters apart from CB and Stygian. However they are normally the easiest ways to do so. The punch/the vines would more likely injure or trap the monster which would give Ziya chance to get away. (again, there are many examples of this in canon that I can cite if needs be.)
- However, I do agree that a couple of lines could go a long way to padding out her history. Nevertheless, well done for getting this far and you will be claimed soon :D
Hey, this looks really near claiming! Keep going :D
- Everything looks fairly sound. However the last event I see happens around the age of 12. Does anything of note happen between then and her journey to camp?
In all honesty reading this I dont know whether to cheer for your char or hide most of mine away cause god 12 hellhound! remind me to bet on her when I need some fighting! still tell you what you I let you have my first claim