The reason we have pet claiming, though it may seem silly to some, is that in the past we have had all sorts of users claiming to have crazy absurd and over the top pets. One user claimed their character had like 4 full sized dragons living at camp with her. Claiming is simply to ensure that no pets are over the top powerful, insane, large, unrealistic or in some cases not even real animals in Greek Myths or Real Life.
Pets, especially large pets or any pet with a special ability, need to make sense and be realistic, so we will now ask that all pets be claimed first, for approval.
- Creatures not native to Northern America need to have a reason why they are there, how they got there, and how they are able to live there, as some creatures need a very specific environment to live in that Long Island does not provide.
- Pets larger than say, Great Dane dogs, or pets that get that large and are generally wild creatures cannot remain in the cabin past adulthood. (Obviously Pegasi, Horses, etc. would be in the stables. Things like bears, hellhounds, etc. are things that get very large, too large for the cabin, but obviously not something you'd keep in the stables. Things like that would have to be trained/tamed and kept in the forest.
- Hellhounds can ONLY be owned by children of Thanatos or Hades, and can only stay in the cabin as very young babies, as full grown adult hellhounds can be as large as a full sized garbage truck.
- Pets should not have absurd abilities beyond what it would normally have, for instance an empathetic connection is fine between the owner and the pet, as long as it's explained why that connection is there, but a dog that flies would not be OK.
- Pets must be somewhat realistic, something like an extremely deadly and poisonous snake hanging around a cabin would be absurd.
- If a claim is completely absurd and the user is unwilling to change anything or the user decides to give up, those are grounds for denying a claim.
- If a user does not edit their claim for over 7 days, it is subject for deletion
Things Not Allowed:
- Pets never have the ability for speech, outside of their normal barks/growls/mews/etc. They can not speak like people, ever, no exceptions.