Son of Hephaestus • Head Counselor • Pompeiian 🌋
Oh, misty eye of the mountain below. Keep careful watch of my brother's souls. Camp Half-Blood Joined January 2017 64Following 759Followers
History @flameyohotman • Jan 2017
Alessandra Bianchi was a powerful witch, a demigod daughter of Hecate. She was born and raised in Pompeii, where she was known to the people as one of the greatest enchantresses of her time, often acting as a guardian and protector of their city from outside forces. She had a lot of enemies, and one of them managed to place a curse on her that tied her life force to the life of the city as a last resort. She was scared at first, but she paid no heed and moved on with her life after defeating her foe.
Her reputation grew as she became older and more powerful, and this attracted more of those who were jealous of her power, but her reputation also attracted the divine. In this case, it was Hephaestus who managed to captivate the witch, and they had a son together, one Alessandra decided to call Donello Bartolomeo.
Growing up, Donello was a good-hearted boy. He was really close to his mother, and spent most of his time being taught life lessons by her and being educated about the gods and the mythological mess the world is in. He was also a quiet boy, but he was very smart, much more mature than the other children of his age and a bit introverted, not having much friends.
As a son of Hephaestus, he displayed great talent in crafting and forging, and as he grew older and older, he started learning how to control fire under the tutelage of his mother. He then opened an armoury in Pompeii, to satisfy his creative mind and his craving to create different kinds of weaponry. He became well known in the city, and was regarded to be one of the best forgers in the whole of Pompeii.
Year later, the infamous eruption of Mt. Vesuvius took place and because of the curse placed on Alessandra, she couldn’t save herself. Once the city dies, she will too, regardless of any enchantments she places on herself. And so, she decides to pour all of her energy into saving the life of her son instead. Donello protested, but Alessandra wouldn’t hear any of it and proceeded with her protection spells. The son of Hephaestus was put into sleep and was placed inside an enchanted coffin, which preserved his age and kept his heart beating. The city was the engulfed by fire and ash, and along with it, Alessandra was destroyed, too.
Almost two thousand years later, in 2015, Donello’s coffin was discovered by a mafia gang. A ‘’demigod’’ mafia gang, to be exact. Their leader, Dante was also a son of Hecate, and he used his magic to restore Donello back into consciousness. The newly-awaken son of Hephaestus was very confused about the world, and it took quite some time before he got used to the “moderness” of everything. He was adopted by Dante, and was renamed Daniel. He also took the gang leader’s surname and officially called himself Daniel Bartolomeo Russo.
Daniel was grateful to the gang for restoring him, and so he took it upon himself to repay them by joining in and performing their deeds with them. Dante was impressed with Daniel’s control over fire, and he was often instructed to burn down the homes of the leader’s enemies. Daniel soon saw the true nature of his work, and realised that it reflected badly on who his mother was - a protector. But he has nowhere else to go to, and so he decided to stay in with them.
The more houses Daniel burned down, the more regretful and guilty he became. He sometimes couldn’t go to sleep without hearing the innocent children and families screaming in agony as their homes burned down on them first. But his adoptive father had a lot of enemies, and Daniel knew that he had plenty more houses to burn down, and he also knew that without the gang, he’d perish instantly in a world so advanced and has very little knowledge of. And so, he went with it. Even though it was against his morals, and the values taught to him by his mother, he still went with it because he didn’t have a choice.
Soon enough, the gang managed to gain access to the United States of America, and there, Dante lead his people in an operation to take over the “underground” of New York City. They gained some momentum, and this alerted the demigod community of Long Island, prompting Camp Half-Blood to send a group of talented questers to take them down.
The group succeeded in bringing the gang down, even killing a very stubborn Dante in the process because he refused to back down. There was quite a large number of those who perished, but there were also those who gave up willingly, not wanting to fight anymore. Daniel was one of them, and they were offered sanctuary and a chance to redeem themselves at Camp. Guilty and afraid, Daniel decided to not go.
This was the first time he was ever alone. Some of his gang mates who survived moved on with their lives, some of them finding the CoO and the Broken Covenant and joining those respective organisations. The son of Hephaestus, however, was left in the crossroads. He wanted a life at Camp, but the guilt of all the crime he’s done have weighed down on him, and he deemed himself unworthy of the kindness that the Campers had offered him. Instead, he remained in New York City and tried to fend for his own.
He didn’t stay in one job for too long, his inexperience often the reason why he couldn’t find a stable way to earn money. The training he received while in the gang proved useful though, for he was able to fend off monsters with the Celestial Bronze weapons he tinkered with when he still had access to Dante’s resources. After a while, it became a bit hard, and he almost gave up on his life. He was homeless, jobless, and constantly on the run.
One night though, an apparition of his mother appeared before him. She had always been watching, waited almost two thousand years even for someone to release Daniel from the coffin. But somehow, Dante was aware of this and his magic had blocked Alessandra out from seeing her son. It was only now that it wore off, and the daughter of Hecate was able to see her beloved Donello once again. It was a tearful reunion, and while Daniel was still very much guilty, his mother was able to convince him to go to Camp, to not let the opportunity to reconcile get away, for if he doesn’t do so, he’ll forever blame himself, even in the afterlife.
And so with a heavy heart, Daniel bid farewell to his mother who was finally at peace and moved on to Elysium. The son of Hephaestus made his way to Camp using a map given to him by one of the questers that he kept should he need it, and was claimed the second he stepped inside Camp.
Powers @flameyohotman • Jan 2017
Powers of a Child of Hephaestus:
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to create and control fire; however, it is extremely chaotic and will burn anything near it no matter the intention of the child of Hephaestus. They can shoot fireballs, streams of fire and coat weapons in flame. The more fire summoned and controlled, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Hephaestus can become resistant to all types of physical attacks for a short time.
- Children of Hephaestus are able to create a wall of stone, no larger than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, to temporarily block attacks
- Children of Hephaestus are innately extremely resistant to heat and fire.
- Children of Hephaestus are innately stronger and faster than others.
- Children of Hephaestus possess an ability to instantly understand how to use and wield any weapon they possess with no training beforehand.
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to release heat from their hands in order to cauterize an open wound.
- Children of Hephaestus are able to create a smoke screen that suffocates and hinders enemies for a short time, using it to either escape or do one sneak attack
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to control a single mechanical object with their mind; doing so, however, immobilizes the child of Hephaestus until control is broken. This only works on objects mechanically controlled, not objects controlled by magic.
- Children of Hephaestus can telekinetically move weapons under their own possession and use. They can move up to 3 large weapons at a time, such as swords, axes and hammers. Or up to 10 small weapons such as throwing stars, knives and caltrops. The longer weapons are telekinetically held, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to curse an opponent’s weapons, armor and shields, make it softer, somewhat fragile or even rusted. This would last for a short time and make it easier for the user to attack. They can also repair weapons and armor with a thought and enchant weapons/armor to perform/defend against twice the amount of damage for a short time.
- Children of Hephaestus are able to summon a humanoid automaton to fight for them for a short time, the automaton cannot be bigger than 2-3 times the size of the user. It may possess one weapon of the user’s choice and will take a basic appearance of a Greek soldier, but the user can customize their armor or facial appearance. The automaton will have no special abilities other than it’s strength, stamina and endurance. ( No powers over Electricity, Magnetism, Flight. etc) The user however has a hard time moving while the automaton is present. The automaton will follow any command of the user, after a short time the automaton will crumble and fall apart. The user will be left quite drained.
- Children of Hephaestus can transform their bodies into pure metal for a short time, making them stronger and far more durable. They can also shift and transform parts of their body into weapons in this state. They also have the option to add an incredible amount of heat to their metal form, doing this would make the transformation even more draining than before. Choosing to become molten metal means the user burns anything they touch, enhancing their offensive abilities. Once the transformation is complete, the user is incredibly drained. Even moving wouldn’t be possible for a long time and they could possibly faint.
- Children of Hephaestus are known for making great mechanics and blacksmiths. Able to make, upgrade and repair all sorts of weapons, machines and devices including automatons, armor and transforming weaponry.
- Children of Hephaestus normally grow up to be excellent sculptors, stonemasons, architects,construction workers, carpenters and woodworkers.
- Children of Hephaestus normally feel comfortable in forges and other warm areas, making them great fire-fighters and volcanologists.
Relationships @flameyohotman • Jan 2017
Custom Trivia @flameyohotman • Jan 2017
Noah Azid @N.Azid