Daria is described as passionate, motivated, and knowledgeable. Living through centuries, she has learned from her mistakes and vowed not to repeat them. She considers the consequences and thoughtfully makes important decisions. She is driven to learn and gain knowledge through life experiences and works past road bumps.
She is charismatic through centuries of meeting new people and through her job as a vineyard owner. She loves to make conversation and get to know new people.
Passionate for her wine, she views wine as a lifestyle. Daria's vineyard is her life and soul and it would break her heart if something tragic happened and takes personal offense if people do not respect her winery. She thinks quick on her footsteps as wine making is meticulous, making sure it is blended or aged correctly. In addition, Daria uses her creativity to make unique wines that have their own personality. She's a workaholic and often spends most of her time at the vineyards rather than her cabin as she wants it to flourish and succeed. She is always at the tasting room, smiling and enjoying her time as she introduces her own wines. She wants to be successful and prove that she is worthy to her father.
In her free time, Daria likes to attend plays and theaters. She believes that plays are beautiful and timeless and will always remember watching Romeo and Juliet during Shakespeare's era. Furthermore, she loves to travel around the world and explore the beauty of every country. Her favorite part of course, is to visit all of the different vineyards across the globe and compare them to one another. She gains new perspectives and tries to incorporate their styles into her own vineyard.
Thousands of years ago in the city of Athens, Aurianna was a wife of a politician named Cesare. She was unhappy with her life as her husband only married her for her dowry and status, her only freedom was when she secretly worked as a dancer at various parties. Life as a stay at home wife and mother to a boy named Bemus did not satisfy her and she wanted to do so much with her life. Her Dionysian dance was famous for her exhilarating movements. The way she moved to the passionate dance with precise rhythm and techniques entranced the wine god. Something about him was special to Aurianna that she took the risk to see him whenever her husband was out. Their love story came to an end with Aurianna revealed that she was pregnant. Before leaving, he told her of his true identity and that their daughter was not going to be a regular person with her special powers and scent.
With the birth of Daria, Aurianna and her husband were disappointed with her gender. Cesare wanted another son who could provide and take care of the couple when they got older and only saw Daria as a way to get more money after her marriage. Like many Greek girls, Daria was home-schooled and was taught housework and cooking skills. She longed to go to school like her brother to learn music, poetry and writing. Growing up, she had always known that her step-father was not her father since her mother told her when she turned ten. From that point, Daria grew up on tales of mythology specifically about her father. Bemus and her had a good childhood despite the five year difference between them. Coming from a rich family, she always played with toys like dolls, tops and rattles and enjoyed other luxuries. Unfortunately, her brother was sent to serve his time in the military when he turned eighteen. Her first monster attack occurred in the city when she was accompanied by her family at the age of fifteen. Luckily, demigods that were close swiftly killed the monster without suspicion on her side. When she turned sixteen, her parents arranged her marriage to a man that was twenty years her senior, a friend of her step-father. Her fear didn't settle until she went to the Temple of Artemis to sacrifice her childhood toys, as she fully acknowledged that she had transitioned into adulthood. In this period of sadness for her new life, she found her love for wine and would indulge in it whenever possible.
As a result of surrendering to King Minos of Crete, every year seven young maidens and seven young men were blood tribute to the Minotaur. She remembered her step-father cursing that she was no longer useful to him and her mother's flowing tears. Daria was shocked and felt her world collapse, she didn't deserve to live a life so short. She remembered saying goodbye to her friends and family for the last time and being celebrated as heroes by the Cretans. On the boat ride to their demise, Daria made friends with two demigods named Adonis and Dominiki, she found that talking to them about their lives back home and Adonis' reassurance that they would be possibly granted Elysium eased her anxiety. Stepping in the maze, she analyzed her surroundings to see the weak points of her environment. Everyday in the labyrinth felt like a cycle where she would take the time out of her day to find ways to escape and develop her demigod powers. One day, she befriended one of the nymphs trapped inside the maze and they became close friends due to the fact that she was a daughter of Dionysus. Daria carried a flask of wine with her and would summon the drink whenever she felt a bit thirsty and survived on animal flesh and scraps. Daria wrapped grape vines on the walls, using a process of elimination to figure out the path to take. Once she was close by the exit, the Minotaur appeared and attempted to kill her. Despite being injured, she had enough energy to hold the Minotaur in the thick vines and subsequently passed out. She woke up to the nymph who gave her sips of wine to increase her stamina and heal her body. They were outside and she was finally free until she remembered of her predicament back in Athens. Daria didn't want to get married to such an old man and didn't want to become a submissive wife and decided that it was best to leave that life behind. After a while of traveling, they were approached by Artemis and her band of hunters who had asked them to join them. Seeing that she had no where to go, she accepted while the nymph declined, having a duty to serve her own patron. Saying goodbye to each other, Daria started her new identity as a huntress of Artemis. For centuries, she had traveled with the moon goddess and went on different missions for her. She never forgot her family and all the people she had to say hello and goodbye to, Daria was finally done with immortality in 2012 when she asked to leave the hunt to explore the world and live as a human again.
Daria settled in Napa Valley, home of the best wineries in the world. She worked at some wineries while making her own wine in her cellar. She also went to class at UC Davis to earn a degree in Viticulture and Enology to learn about economics, food and plant science, microbiology and foreign languages. Unfortunately in late 2017, a fire broke out around the valley, causing her to be homeless and heartbroken at the loss of precious resources and lives. Dionysus came to her in a dream, asking her to start a vineyard at Camp Half Blood to replenish the loss of economy for the wine industry. She packed her belongings and arrived at camp, ready to begin her business.
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to force a state of mild drunkenness on another person for a short time.
- Children of Dionysus can fire powerful blasts of wine with high water pressure, the equivalent to that of a powerful fire hose.
- Children of Dionysus can null the pain of any wound for a short time.
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to create a field of energy around them, anyone who steps through it will feel intense thought of madness and insanity. The opponent will be driven mad and completely forget about the battle or the user. This power is purely for defensive use, since the user cannot move while the field is in place.The longer the field is kept up, the more energy in drained. If an opponent already taken by the insanity attempt to attack the user, they will see horrible hallucinations which will make it even harder to attack. Once the field vanishes, the target immediately regains their sanity.
- Children of Dionysus have an innate partial resistance to the effects of alcohol.
- Children of Dionysus can turn any beverage into wine and create small amounts of it out of nothing.
- Children of Dionysus emit an aura of drunkenness, people would at least feel slightly drunk around them. It can be shut off for a long time if they please.
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to create thick ropes of grape vines which can be used for a multitude of purposes. The user may telekinetically control the vines.
- Children of Dionysus can enhance themselves through wine consumption. This can help them heal quickly heal minor wounds, sharpen their senses or focus, or increase their stamina; however if they consume too much wine, the user may become unpredictable, delusional to the point of hurting themselves, or rampant in anger.
- Children of Dionysus can cause someone to hallucinate things that aren't really there, the longer they maintain the hallucinogenic state the more energy it drains.
3 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Dionysus are able to summon predatory cats to their aid and command them since their father presided over them. Only up to 3 big cats can be summoned and controlled at a time. They may attack opponents and hunt them down for the user. The longer the creatures are used, the more summoned and the bigger they are; the more energy is drained. Ex: The user may summon lions, tigers, leopards, panthers etc.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Dionysus can turn wine into objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence; however, only up to 3 combative/non-combative items or 1 semi-living construct can be conjured at a time and it cannot be larger than roughly 3 times the size of the one that conjured it. When the construct touches an opponent of the user, the opponent will feel the effects of a light buzz, extremely long contact with the construct can cause drunken stupor; but both effects go away after a short period of time. The longer they maintain combative/non combative items and semi-living constructs, the more it drains their energy, so they are more limited for the time they can keep these things cohesive.
9 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Dionysus are able to turn into a predatory cat for a short time. Such as lions, cheetahs, leopards or panthers. They can turn into either a full big cat or a humanoid cat form. In the human/big cat form, they are twice as faster and stronger than before. Their senses are also quite sharper as well. They also tend to be more violent and volatile in this state. Once the transformation ends, the user is extremely drained. Using the hybrid form is more draining rather than the full cat form. They will not be able to move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Dionysus generally have a taste for alcohol and partying.
- As Dionysus is the patron of plays, playwrights and acting, his children often make good actors and playwrights.
- Children of Dionysus are typically fond of and are favored by predatory cats, nymphs and satyrs.
- Children of Dionysus tend to give into thoughts of madness and insanity.