Digger is a tough, sarcastic, humorous and somewhat crude individual who has no qualms with theft, beating, or assassination if it means survival for him and people he holds closely. Despite that, however, Digger isn't completely devoid of empathy, as he felt sorry for the girl and her group he talked to when he saw one of their friends die. When people catch him drinking alcohol, he uses the same excuse over and over again, "I'm allowed somewhere." Digger will insult anyone with subtle racist or sexist jokes that seem like he isn't trying to be offensive. He was raised in a culture that sees sport extremely important so sport is a big thing for him. He will try to watch NRL, AFL and the Australian soccer league as much as he can and will talk about it to anyone, even if they don't know what he is talking about. His father's passed on traits show a little bit in Digger. He can have a little bit of an insane streak and will fight most guys that bigger and stronger than him. The Australian spirit in him makes Digger determined to finish whatever he is doing, no matter what will happen.
One night during a party in Sydney, Australia, Betty Ross, a party freak that was going to leave for Afghanistan for the army in less than a year, was completely drunk when a man, which was Dionysus, that Betty could not stop looking at came up to her, asking her if she wanted a drink. She being the woman she was, got him a drink instead and what happened later on in the night, they got a little interment. The man disappeared the next morning before Betty even woke up. Betty had found out she was pregnant a few months later and had the child, naming him Digger, less than 2 months before leaving for Afghanistan. Instead of not going to Afghanistan and looking after her new baby boy, she gave her child to her half-brother that lived on the other side of the Blue Mountains, George Ross, that happened to be a son of Hephaestus to look after Digger until she came home, which she never would because of an explosion that went off in camp, killing her and two others.
George found out his nephew was a demigod when he held Digger's second birthday, invoking Dionysus's spirit. Dionysus told George about his son, that Digger was a demigod like him. Dionysus didn't interact with his son and once talking to George, left back to Olympus. George knew how odd the world of gods could be so he decided to not tell Digger anything about their world until George felt he was ready.
George went straight to work making weapons for Digger, making every type of weapon George knew about, melting down his old weapons and going deep into the Blue Mountains, using a tunnel hidden by the mist, to find more Celestial Bronze, thrown by Hephaetus down into the mountain, once done with melting his old weapons. When Digger turned 5, George tested out all the weapons he made with Digger, seeing which weapon style was best for Digger. None of the weapons George made suited Digger but the boomerangs made out of wood (Digger had been using a knife from George's workshop) George found Digger making when he was 6 seemed the best for Digger. Keeping the other weapons, George made 8 boomerangs, 4 different types of them and 2 of each type, out of Celestial Bronze for Digger.
When Digger went to school at the age of six, he became very good friends with an aboriginal boy that boarded and lived all the way from central Australia. Digger and the boy, Luke, were rarely seen apart, Luke teaching Digger how to properly throw a boomerang while Digger taught how to act his version of Australian.
Digger's first monster attack did not go as planned. George had been waiting for the first monster that would challenge Digger since he turned 8, so when one turned up on Digger's 11th birthday, it wasn't much of a surprise but it was a surprise when a monster turned up because of George. A hellhound and a giant scorpion gate crashed Digger's birthday but George and Digger killed both but not without George getting major wounds from the scorpion in the process. George was in a bad condition but survived, until Digger's third monster attack happened, 3 years after the first and George wasn't prepared for it. Digger fought a Harpy while George was fighting another Harpy, but not well. Both Harpies were killed but George bleeds out.
Instead of going with what George planned for Digger if he ever died which was to have one of George's demigods friend to look after Digger until he was 15 and took him to camp, Digger went with Luke for a few days to his home in Central Australia. Digger had a very long and decent conversation about what happened to him and his uncle with the oldest village elder that knew about the Greek pantheon and a few others as well. He could tell Digger was a demigod by the fact of everything he knew about demigods and told Digger that he was a demigod and if he ever went to America he had to travel to New York. Digger easily accepts that fact because he had always thought he wasn't normal.
Knowing the best place for Digger was in America, the elder used some of his demigod abilities, being that he was a child of Hecate, to teleport Digger to Bali. Before teleporting Digger to Denpasar, the elder contacted a demigod friend of his, a son of Mnemosyne, to help Digger get to America. The friend only helped Digger get to Atlanta and that was all. He was all alone in America, living on the streets, staying away from law enforcement, stealing food to survive and fighting whatever monster came his way by himself for 4 years until he finally remembered what the elder said and started heading north to New York, running into a demigod running away from camp and then a group of demigods that were also heading to New York while Digger was heading north. He found the group thanks to one girl named Salina due to him throwing a boomerang out in a forest and just missing her then getting stuck in a tree right next to her face. He talked to Salina for a while until the group of demigods was about to leave, them offering Digger to come along but instead, Digger stealing a knife from one of them and waited for a while after they left and followed them from a distance. When the group arrived at Camp Half-Blood, Digger just stood by and watched as they were attacked by monsters until a hell hound found him. Digger fought like a demon, throwing one boomerang after another into the monster's hide, using the different boomerangs to their designed tasks to kill the monster. After a few thousand throws of boomerangs then getting up close to finish the job with his knife, the hellhound was dead and Digger started to head to where he saw the group of demigods, noticing something not right, seeing blood that looked more human than monster. Instead of staying and helping, Digger headed into Camp to only be claimed by Dionysus, which was fine by Digger because it meant more parties and being able to drink more alcohol.
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to force a state of mild drunkenness on another person for a short time. Depending on their mood, the state of mind they force can either be drunken ecstasy, drunken confusion, drunken frenzy, or drunken sadness.
- Children of Dionysus are able to manipulate wine into streams and use them for their will; this can appear in the form of one powerful direct stream that acts as a hose, or having multiple thin but powerful streams with the ability to make hairline cuts across a user’s body.
- Children of Dionysus can null the pain of any wound for a short time.
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to create a field of energy around them, anyone who steps through it will feel intense thought of madness and insanity. The opponent will be driven mad and completely forget about the battle or the user. This power is purely for defensive use, since the user cannot move while the field is in place.The longer the field is kept up, the more energy is drained. If an opponent already taken by the insanity attempt to attack the user, they will see horrible hallucinations which will make it even harder to attack. Once the field vanishes, the target immediately regains their sanity.
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to shift between states of drunkenness, to their choosing.
- Children of Dionysus can turn any beverage into wine and create small amounts of it out of nothing.
- Children of Dionysus emit an aura of drunkenness, people would at least feel slightly tipsy around them. It can be shut off for a long time if they please.
- Children of Dionysus can beckon any feline within a 50ft radius (15.25 meters) to their need, however, the more felines they call, the more impossible it is to give them commands/ command them.
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to create thick ropes of grape vines which can be used for a multitude of purposes. The user may telekinetically control the vines.
- Children of Dionysus can enhance themselves through wine consumption. This can help them quickly heal minor wounds, sharpen their senses or focus, or increase their stamina; however if they consume too much wine, the user may become unpredictable.
- Children of Dionysus can cause someone to hallucinate things that aren't really there, the longer they maintain the hallucinogenic state the more energy it drains.
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to create a wine variant with the ability of weakening someone’s immune system and giving them symptoms similar to food poisoning (ie; weak limbs, vomiting, cramping, nausea, diarrhea.)
3 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Dionysus are able to turn into a predatory cat for a short time. Such as lions, cheetahs, leopards or panthers. They can turn into either a full big cat or a humanoid cat form. In the human/big cat form, they are twice as fast and stronger than before. Their senses are also quite sharper as well. They also tend to be more violent and volatile in this state. Once the transformation ends, it’s hard for them to remember what it’s like to be human. They may continue to display cat behavior. Using the hybrid form is more draining rather than the full cat form.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Dionysus have the power to let off wine mist from their pores, allowing it to spread out up to a football field’s length. Those who inhale said mist can feel the symptoms of a hangover which are: muscle soreness, dehydration, dizziness, headaches, lightheadedness, vertigo, sweating, heartburn, nausea, sensitivity to lightness and sound, a faster heart rate, indigestion, and irritability. They themselves are immune to the effects of the mist, but no one else is (this includes allies). The larger the surface area the mist travels, the less potent it is. This means that at a football field’s length it only feels like a mild hangover, but concentrated in small areas, or small enclosed areas, it is a rather raging hangover. They do not have control over dispersing the mist, but it can be blown away using fans and airing.
9 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to inspire maddening dedication and obsession from an enemy or ally, causing them to dedicate themselves to their cause. It can only be used on one person at a time, or five monsters at a time. The more sentient the creature, the harder it is to use (ie, manticores are more like people, same with empousa, so not as many can be controlled because of their higher sentience. It becomes more difficult per mind and per sentience of mind.) The longer the power is used, the more confused and unfocused the user gets, making it harder to use any powers. Side effects of this power on the those it is used on is blacking out during these moments, and forgetting they were in this state. If used too much, the user can be left unable to have the concentration to use any powers for a period of time.
- Children of Dionysus generally have a taste for alcohol and partying.
- As Dionysus is the patron of plays, playwrights and acting, his children often make good actors and playwrights.
- Children of Dionysus are typically fond of and are favored by predatory cats, nymphs and satyrs.
- Children of Dionysus tend to give into thoughts of madness and insanity.
- Children of Dionysus are prone to being unpredictable in the eyes of others.
- Children of Dionysus can immediately know the age, type, and quality of wine just by tasting it.
- Children of Dionysus can innately tell if wine grapes are good for harvesting.
- Children of Dionysus are popular among people, and can be prone to having stalkers or groupies.