Okay guys, Wind brought to my attention that he thought it would be neat to have a Christmas Logo Contest. Bach however said that during the first year anniversary, that things got a little hostile over such a thing. In other words: This vote is to decide who wants to have a Christmas Logo Contest?
I Want This Contest (yes)
I Do Not Want This Contest (no)
- I'll not vote, as I'm indifferent.
- Same as slay.
- I don't really care as long as whatever image wins is tasteful, as everyone that steps foot on our wiki, even for a few minutes, sees the logo
- I don't know if you've used the Mobile version before, Bach, But the logo is centered for the mobile version.
- I find the banner contests not bad. Afterall, we have them frequently now. I absolutely agree with what Bach says though. As I see it, it also helps add edits and things to do for the wiki. :)
- Broken this isn't the normal contest we have for themes, this is for the logo that is in the top of the wiki everywhere you go, even the editing window, so that's why it's so much more important it look good, it's not like the cabin theme where it can only be seen on the cabin page
- Question: Okay, so I know that everyone is all excited for holidays and stuff, but why a Christmas Banner? It would be discourteous to those who have different religion, or don't have one at all. Couldn't be another banner? A Winter Logo, like there is for Autumn? I'm sure none of us want to be disrespectful of people(s) religious choices.
- Well for one, it takes place in America in camp, and for two, Christmas isn't just a religious holiday, it's also a very secular holiday, cuz last I checked Santa doesn't affiliate with any religion. Also, this isn't a theme, this is for the logo, we don't have an Autumn logo, we have an autumn theme image that goes on the main page, the logo is the camp half blood logo that appears at the top of pages. Also, if you want to bring religious and disrespect into this, you should also consider, this is a wiki essentially that promotes hellenism, aka Greek gods, which is way more against more religions and beliefs than Santa Claus in a big red suit. Any religion that believes in a singular god would have issues with a polytheistic religion.
- Good Point, I'm in.