Atlas is the Titan of Endurance, Strength, the Heavens and Astronomy.
Please give any suggestions or leave a comment below if you have any. Thanks :-)
- Children of Atlas have the ability manipulate the atmospheric pressure around them, creating howling gales and miniature tornadoes by combining high and low atmospheric pressure. This power consumes a small amount of energy and drains them after an extended use.
- Children of Atlas have the ability to manipulate gravity. This ability grants them the power of repulsing people or objects with a great force or immobilize a person for a short amount of time by increasing the gravity around them. If there are no area's with gravity, the ability is rendered useless. Also, the longer they continue to use this power, the more drained they become.
- Children of Atlas are capable of emitting an omnidirectional blast of cosmic fire that manifest as a pseudo supernova. This conclusively throws or repels objects a yard in diameter, knocking the victim out unconscious. This power drains the user after its use.
- Children of Atlas have the ability to manipulate pressure inside others ears. By doing this, thus allows them to inflict vertigo upon their victims and distort someone's sense of balance. If they do this on a mass group of people, they will likely have similar effects.
- Children of Atlas have the ability to create a gravitational force-field to repel all manner of attacks or anchoring themselves to the ground. The longer they maintain the the force-field, the more drained they become.
- Children of Atlas can generate a miniature nebula (a cloud of gas in outer space) to distract their opponent by manipulating the nebula to conceal the given area for a small amount of time. This power consumes a small amount of energy over time.
- Children of Atlas have the ability to adjust to any given atmospheric environment. Their lungs acclimatize and respire in or on any gaseous mediums, whether hostile or deficient, users lungs also filter away non-gaseous substances such as dust, asbestos, etc. They can breathe toxic gases instead of oxygen and survive mountain, aerial, or terrain air deficiency.
- Children of Atlas can operate and endure, allowing them to operate for an extended amount of time. They can hold their breath for longer periods of time and remain calm through stressful or painful situations, tolerate extreme hunger, unbearable thirst, and strong urges to sleep.
- Children of Atlas have the ability to steal/absorb the strength of others and add it to one's own level of strength. This only last for a short amount of time and consumes a small amount of energy before the opponents strength is returned back to them.
- Children of Atlas have the ability to manipulate the gravity around them and jump incredible distances and land safely, covering frighteningly tall heights and long distances. Over time, the user may become drained after extensive use.
Three Months After Character is Made:
- Children of Atlas have the ability to manipulate plasma and cause serious burns upon impact. Extensive use of this power results in them having to recharge for a certain amount of time before its usage again.
Six Months After Character is Made:
- Children of Atlas have the ability to produce powerful shock-waves by stomping their feet on the ground or by clapping the palm of their hands together. They can only muster the strength to do this a certain amount of times.
Nine Months After Character is Made:
- Children of Atlas have the capacity to drastically increase their physical strength and exert a great amount of force. They can accomplish tremendous feats like stopping trains or shattering entire buildings. However, the process doesn't last long, and they become completely immobilized after its use. (i.e. For first time users, knocking someone into a wall or lifting objects like massive air crafts/battleships causes them to automatically become fatigued and exhausted).
I really like the gravity manipulation thing for some reason, just because his sole job is fighting gravity to keep Dead Sky Bro from hitting the ground, but the others feel out of place. Maybe throw in something about strategy, as he was the Titan General. And if you haven't thought of a 9-month power, I suggest the ability to call upon tremendous amounts of hidden strength. While doing this they are completely immobilized but can accomplish tremendous feats like stopping trains or shattering entire buildings
An issue might be whether or not some of these powers are OP, what concerns me is: "Offensive uses of this power include repulsing people or objects with such force to shatter practically anything, increasing gravity to crush opponents...". Since this power when used will put the opponent in a lfe threatening situation since as your power states it can repulse people with such force to shatter pratically anything insluding skull, and bones, which may lead to the opponent crippled. As such, I feel that that power's raw strength requires toning down and weakening to prevent any OPness.
OPness is still evident in the powerset:
- "Children of Atlas have the ability to manipulate plasma and cause serious lethal burns and radiation upon impact."
- Lethal means it is able to cause death, which in that case would put any opponent's in either godmodding to save their character or facing death.
- "Children of Atlas can manipulate cosmic flames that are given off from comets... they can completely vaporize any matter without leaving byproducts such as ash..."
- Human counts as matter so as stated by the power it would be able to vaporize a human and the reason above is also present.
I don't recall Atlas having time in his scope, so it doesn't make sense for his children to have the ability to dispatch themselves in a different timestream.
A few of your pwoers still need a toning to reduce their raw power.
- Children of Atlas are aware of anything that affects the user on a universal scale, including threats, anything that would affect them in any way or even somebody talking about them. Sometimes, however, it is unclear to them.
- This is kinda a type of metagaming and maybe even OP, having the child know everything that is about them, being able to know threats coming their way and perhaps able to dodge or deflect anything attacks that come their way.
- Children of Atlas have the ability to manipulate plasma and cause serious burns upon impact. Some may not be able to fully control this ability at first and may likely end up burning themselves in the process.
- Although the lethality is toned down a bit, however the raw power from this could mean it shouldn't be placed in just offensive but maybe in the months power (Since the Hephaestus 6 months pwoer of similar effects is in that position.) I know that as said in the description it may hurt the user when they frist start to use it, but with more experience it can be drastic in battles. But that's just what I think, I'm not sure if the effect that it may bring to the user can overcome the strength of it.
And truth is, Atlas is cursed to hold up the sky, so it'll be difficult to make a hsitory on how he managed to meet a mortal and do what's needed to have a chldren with her, when he has a job 24/7, without anything absurd or unreasonable. To be honest, I can't imagine him banging a mortal while holding up the sky ">.<.
Keep in mind that he was charged by Zeus to hold the sky for eternity after the first Titanomachy, which means that during the time he could have children it would be a long time ago, so most of his demigods would be dead maybe from old age. His children if they are still to be roleplayed now, they'll most likely have to be a nymph (Or any Greek Mythology species, usable on our wikia that's immortal) that died and for any possible reason brought back by a god as nymph.
Also, unless someone has a child of Atlas, or is working on one, working on his power set is rather a waste of time, when there are still power sets needed that have children of those already but haven't been made.
Well, not necessarily. Zoe Nightshade in the original series was a former Hesperide and lost her immortality, making her the only known demi-titan in the entire series. I do agree they have to be nymphs, but they somehow have to loose their immortality in order to become semi-human and semi-god like Zoe. They could either be former Hesperide's (nymphs of the evening and sunsets), Pleiades (nymphs of the stars and mountains), or Hyades (nymphes of the stars and rain). And I'm planning on making a child of Atlas soon. --NixieOz (talk) 17:57, March 14, 2014 (UTC)
And to go back to the power itself the points I said a few comments above still stands.
You're only allow one of each month power for powersets. So kindly make any changes necessary so that's there's only 1 - "3 Months" power.
omg black hole manipulation is beyond OP. But i think 3 offensives and 3 defensives is a lil much. Seeing as tho most power sets only have 2 of each.