Glen Adams @glen93 Son of Deimos New Athens Joined May 2012 678Following 500kFollowers
History @glen93 • 29/04
History after leaving camp and now returning to New Athens.
Glen left camp after hearing from his mother about the death of his stepfather and seeing an opportunity to try to repair their relationship, he took the chance. He opened up to her about the past abuse he suffered at his step father’s hands and though their relationship was still incredibly rocky, they tried to make it work with Glen staying at the family home in Liverpool.
He’s spent the last few years getting therapy and counselling, being diagnosed with both PTSD and Borderline Personality Disorder, which explained a lot of his past self destructive behaviour and is currently medicated for it. He also worked in a youth centre for troubled young people, some of whom dealt with issues similar to himself, keeping an eye out for any other demigods that needed help.
After getting news about New Athens being built and realising how much he missed being around other demigods/camp, he decided to leave Liverpool to head back to his true home.
History before first arriving at camp
Mandy Adams had a small affair with Deimos. It lasted only a year but during that time, Mandy fell for him. After a few months of the affair, Mandy discovered she was pregnant. Phobos decided it was best to tell her the truth. He told her everything, how he was a god and how their unborn child would be a Demigod. He suggested that their child go to CHB when they was born, but Mandy refused. Phobos then left a few weeks before their child was born. Glen was born on 7th July 1993 in Liverpool, England.
Mandy loved her son deeply, she spent all her time with him. She worked from home so it was easy for her to stay. However Mandy struggled with money and it would sometimes lead to them not being able to pay for bills or food. Mandy decided that she didn't want to tell Glen the truth, thinking it would be better for both of them.
Glen lived a happy life until he was 7, when his mother married a man called Samuel Grant. Glen, being so used to only his mother despised his new stepdad. But his stepdad gave him a reason to hate him when he began abusing him for a short time, unknown to his mother. When Glen was 11, he got moved to a boarding school.
Glen was happy about this as he didn't have to see or be abused by his stepdad. He liked his boarding school but eventually he met his first monster. It was a Hellhound who attacked him, Glen being completely unprepared was badly hurt but got saved by a Satyr. Glen's step dad refused to believe that he was attacked by a monster, saying Glen attempted to hurt himself. Mandy, who didn't want to look crazy, ended up siding with her husband. Glen, devastated that his mother sided with Samuel decided to believe them. The Satyr who saved him, came to the hospital and tried to explain but Glen blocked it all out.
Over the years Glen got moved around from boarding school to boarding school, his mother trying to avoid any more monster attacks. On the evening of Glen's 18th birthday, his parents came to visit him and a monster came to attack. This time it was a Dracnae, this time Mandy being there seeing what was happening quickly gave Glen her pendant necklace and told him to press the pendant. He did and it transformed into a sword, seeing his mother scared, he managed to defeat the Dracnae. Mandy decided she couldn't lie any longer, she told Glen and Samuel everything. Samuel didn't believe her, Glen ended up punching him in the nose but that can be discussed later.
Powers @glen93 • 29/04
- Children of Deimos have the ability to send a wave of terror out in front of them which causes anyone affected by it to imagine something they fear; the bigger the wave, the more energy used. This can leave them vulnerable to attack.
- Children of Deimos have the ability to unleash their battle-lust and fight to their full potential; however, they are temporarily blind to friend or foe and attack anyone nearby.
- Children of Deimos can become resistant to all types of physical attacks for a short time.
- Children of Deimos can send out waves of terror and fear that may paralyze an opponent and cause them to stop attacking for a short time. But the user cannot attack the opponent while the paralysis is in effect.
- Children of Deimos are immune to any senses of fear and terror, making it impossible for them to get scared and panic in battle.
- Children of Deimos are innately proficient in most forms of combat and hold a higher state of physical prowess.
- Children of Deimos emit an aura of fear and terror, making people at least slightly afraid when near them. They can turn it off for a long time if they wish.
- Children of Deimos know the fears of everyone around them, as well as how a person is likely to cope with that fear.
- Children of Deimos have the ability to calm the fear of others.
- Children of Deimos are able to project a person’s worst fears into their mind, causing temporary trauma and confusion into them. This power is only active for a short time, and loses some of its effect the more it is used on the same person.
- Children of Deimos have the ability to conjure a real version of someone's worst fears, however, the child of Deimos is not able to control the conjured fear and is susceptible to them as well; they are also drained of a moderate amount of energy when the fear is conjured.
- Children of Deimos have the inhuman ability to leap great distances at once which can be used to dodge or attack. Upon landing, a small tremor is unleashed which causes anybody within a few feet to lose their balance.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Deimos have the ability to focus on a person’s fears and mimic the abilities of that fear for a short time. If the user focuses on a pyrophobe, they will get some powers over fire. If the target is scared of a specific animal, they gain some abilities of the animal. (If the feared animal is a spider, the user will be able to generate webs from their wrists and crawl on walls.) And if the target is afraid of death, the user can drain some of their life-force and make them think they’re about to die. This power cannot be used to become incredibly powerful or instantly kill and the power can only be used once in a fight.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Deimos can turn the fear and terror of others around them into emotional energy and then tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence; however, only up to 3 combative/non-combative items or 1 semi-living construct can be conjured at a time and it cannot be larger than roughly 3 times the size of the one that conjured it. The longer they maintain combative/non combative items and semi-living constructs, the more it drains their energy, so they are more limited for the time they can keep these things cohesive. The fear constructs will terrify/scare anyone they touch.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Deimos have the ability to become a spirit made entirely of terror. In this state, they can change into a tangible form of someone or a group’s worst fear. The tangible form of the fear is the same size as that fear exists in naturally, is immune to all attacks, and the fear’s strength is greatly increased from its natural strength. The more the user is feared, and the more the form the user is in is dreaded, the stronger the user’s form is. The user can only stay in this state for a short time, after leaving this form, the user will be extremely drained, not able to move and could possibly even faint.
- Children of Deimos are known to hate the idea of losing people they care about.
- Children of Deimos typically enjoy fighting and combat, since their father is considered a war god.
- Children of Deimos normally love scaring people and watching them drown in fear and terror, making Halloween a special holiday for them.
Relationships @glen93 • 29/04
Gallery @glen93 • 29/04
Custom Trivia @glen93 • 29/04