C H A R A C T E R
||Haze Ryong 龍巧妮
||"巧"="Skillful" "妮"="Little Girl"
||September 25, 1998 (21)
||Alive & Healthy
||Demigoddess (Daughter of Zeus)
||English, Greek, Mandarin
||Business, Poetry, Oration, Games
O O C
|| No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution.
Recently, the daughter of Zeus completed her degree in Legal Management, specializing in business law. She also served a quest for her father, retrieving his childhood treasure. While contemplating on pursuing law school, she came back to camp in hopes to see a few old favorites and meet new faces. Since she returns to camp once in two years, she also renounced her lieutenant counsellor position. Currently, she does like her half-siblings Emilio Crawford and Jasper Meng and misses her friends Aolani, Ember Glass, and Daphne Wang. After quitting to wait for the idol Joo-Won to make a move, Haze is single. She can usually be found in the gaming in her room, combating in the training arena, or munching in the dining hall.
||Zhang Zi-Ning (Rocket Girls)
||Lightning Strike (Behind Neck)
At first glance, Haze seems to be another bubbly Asian girl - milk tea, sororities, and Pokemon plushies. When not stressed, the daughter of Zeus can be a charismatic, calculating, efficient, and open-minded powerhouse. She is known to get things done and protect those that matter. This lieutenant adores intellectual discussions, promises with the best of her abilities, and abhors sugar-coated comfort. Zeus' little lady also believes in a life of learning. A business fanatic like her cousin Kiel
, she is also often complimented for her ability to find and capitalize money-making opportunities.
Secretly, however, Haze is not the said ball of sunshine. Years in a conservative Christian-Chinese community takes a toll on anyone's mental health. In her case, Haze suppresses her emotions to the point she can fit them into boxes - never to be opened again. Her ability compartmentalize also might be the reason she's apathetic towards strangers' suffering. There are also days where she experiences anxiety from being not enough. Thus, she may momentarily quit in life and resort to gaming and hiding away online.
Somewhere in Tainan, Taiwan, Moon Hae-Ra, a daughter of Hecate, married Ryong Tae-Gun, a businessman. Even after a year of matrimony, they were unfortunately not blessed with children, thus Hae-Ra constantly prayed to the deities for a child. Fortunately, Zeus, who had fancied her since her camp days, has heard her prayers. With the help of Apate, Hae-Ra slept with her "husband," who was actually Zeus, in a beach resort. In the light of things, Hae-Ra was finally pregnant with a child.
Nine months later, a baby girl was born. While curling into a ball, the child’s features, such as her pointed nose and round face, were evidently loved. There was even a lightning strike birthmark behind her neck. Her parents named her Qiao-Ni, after an intelligent child in her mother’s elementary class. While half of her family was glad of her birth, the other half disliked her for her gender.
The daughter of Zeus grew up in a stereotypical Asian home <重男轻女>, where a male's worth was seen as heavier than female's. Haze would often receive criticism from her relatives and parents. Even at an early age, she became stressed with her grades, not allowing herself to get anything lower than above average. Piano, ballet, and other lady-like activities were enforced on her; however, they just weren’t compatible with the child. Moreover, refusing to accept sex was a factor to superiority, she was passionate in outwitting her brother, who was a family favorite, in whatever activities. Haze, due to wanting praise and appreciation from her parents, often feigned a smile and honed her skills to their fullest potential. Guess what? Her efforts paid off – but at a later time of her life.
In a dream, Zeus had spoken with Hae-Ra about eight-year-old Haze’s identity. Zeus handed her twin hooked swords in the form of two earrings and warned the mother of her daughter’s life, especially greater due to the fact she is a daughter of the Big Three. That night Hae-Ra, clipped the earrings onto the sleeping girl's ears. Devastated by the fact this was a child of another man, Hae-Ra decided to keep this information away from her family for the next years of their life.
After that little event, monsters were frequent events to Haze. At the age of ten, Haze had her first monster attack. Being an early bird, Haze was regularly the first in class. As she was walking down the hall, she saw a black dog and started to pet it. The dog suddenly shifted into a large hellhound. This took Haze aback, and a thunderbolt crashed right into the hound’s mouth. Haze then found glistening bronze swords next to her. The adrenaline rush allowed Haze to pick up the swords and swing them at the hellhound, disintegrating it. Wiping off the sweat, the student went to class without another word and pondered about the event.
There were many reasons why Haze is still alive today. Although she was not as athletic as most children, she tried her best to stay fit in case of another disaster. Her mother signed her up for a few sports such as swimming, dancing and running. Also, without knowing, her mother secretly asked for one of her demigod teacher for help. Her teacher was apparently a daughter of Psyche, one who will make a great impact in her life. Although she would experience at least two monster attacks every year, ranging from harpies to Scythian dracaena, Hae-Ra and the daughter of Psyche protected the daughter of Zeus.
Secretly exposing herself to various websites, Haze met the set of friends she would never forget. One of them was a Chinese boy by the name of "Park Hyun," who she considered as another her close friend (one already being her cousin Zaphkiel Wu). Starting at the age of 12, the daughter of Zeus would come home, lock her room, and exchange messages with the boy. After a series of chats, Haze secretly became attached Park Hyun, but little did she know Hyun was an idol using an alias. When Hae-Ra found out Haze was obsessed with her gadgets, the daughter of Hecate created a field to hide her scent from being transmitted. Left unaware, Haze continues to converse with Park Hyun often.
Thanks to her special teacher, the daughter of Psyche, Haze found love for the English language. She started debating, writing, emceeing, and competing, and her teacher encouraged her with opportunities.
During one of her debate matches, the daughter of Zeus met Kiana Kwang, a daughter of Apollo. Unfortunately, a monster had disrupted their little conversation in the bathroom. Before the Lamai could attack, it was zapped by a bolt of lightning and ray of light. The two looked at each other as Kiana allowed Haze to give the final blow with her CB swords. Kiana then offered Haze a home in camp as a daughter of Zeus.
After a short discussion between Kiana and Haze’s parents, the proposal was immediately accepted. The daughter of Zeus transferred her files to a school in New York, packed her things, and flew straight to New York. The thirteen-hour flight was worth it when she was escorted to Long Island, New York by Kiana. Luckily, the two did not encounter any more monstrosities. At the age of fifteen, Haze arrived at Camp Half-Blood.
- Children of Zeus can manipulate latent electricity in the atmosphere, focusing it into a lightning strike. Static can be seen building up around the target briefly before the strike.
- Children of Zeus have the ability to flow an electrical current into any sort of metal weaponry which will shock anyone it strikes; the current can only be maintained while they are holding the weapon.
- Children of Zeus have the ability to emanate a field of electrical static which stuns anyone nearby for a short time. They cannot move while maintaining the field.
- Children of Zeus can launch a powerful gust of wind in all directions, repelling attacks and potentially sending enemies flying.
- Children of Zeus are innately immune to electrocution.
- Children of Zeus can communicate with and command birds.
- Children of Zeus are innately stronger during severe weather, and are less inhibited by wind and precipitation.
- Children of Zeus's bodies give off harmless levels of electricity that can power or short-circuit electronics if they wish.
- Children of Zeus need much less oxygen to survive, letting them breathe normally at high altitudes or hold their breaths for long periods.
- Children of Zeus have the ability to control the winds to hover or fly, however, the longer they fly the more it drains them.
- Children of Zeus have the ability to call upon the winds to speed their movements or attacks; this can also be used oppositely to slow the movements or attacks of others.
- Children of Zeus are able to call a flock of birds to their aid, that will then help to either defend or attack for a short time.
- Children of Zeus are able to cause a booming thunderclap, deafening and potentially stunning anyone nearby for a few seconds.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Zeus can summon a weather front of their choice to an area, such as creating a thunderstorm, snowstorm, high winds, heat wave, or any other natural form of weather. The longer the change is maintained, and the more extreme the change from the current climate, the more they are drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Zeus are able to transform into an eagle at will, allowing them to move undetected, scout their surroundings, and fly long distances without tiring. The longer they sustain this form, the more time they need to rest between transformations.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Zeus can call down a lightning strike from the heavens, directly onto themselves, and absorb its full power into their bodies for a short time. In this state, the user is much stronger and faster, static electricity emanates from their skin, and all of their powers over lightning are substantially increased. Once the energy subsides, the user is left heavily weakened from the strain on their muscles, and they may be unable to move for a long time.
- Children of Zeus generally make strong leaders.
- Children of Zeus are generally good at predicting the weather, as Zeus was also the god of weather.
- Children of Zeus are rarely afraid of heights.
- In some cases children of Zeus are prone to being claustrophobic, as they generally prefer open spaces.