Son of Eros • Head Counsellor 🏹💙
Pretty Boy ⚜️ Dirty Boy Camp Half-Blood Joined March 2014 1.1KFollowing 18.7KFollowers
History @prettyboy69 • Mar 11, 2014
My mom, Lydia met Erik (Eros) short before she finished college. She was in a jewellery store, buying some earrings when my father saw her and started to walk toward her. She felt instantly attracted to him, but she didn't know why. They went out for a few days, and she invited Erik to her house, where I was conceived. Days later mom got pregnant and Eros left her a few weeks later. Months after, she birthed with some minor problems, that's when my father somehow sent a satyr with me to the incubator while my mother was working and he escaped before she even knew that he had come, except for the note that was left to mom, telling her the truth of my godly heritage. Eros also said in the letter that he left me a bronze dogtag necklace that I would need to strip the necklace off. Mom never forgot my dad.
It all started when I was 7 in Austin. I did things that other people didn't do, and I was taken as a weirdo, many classmates would exclude me from their groups, except for a girl named Aria, (who I later discovered to be demigod as well). I always got into fights with some bullies, and I normally lost since I had always been the smallest of my grade. I noticed that I needed to train, so I did. I never asked about my father, since mom would put a face as if she didn't know what I was talking about, and would secretly cry that same night. I had a pretty strong relation with my mom, and, even though we were not that rich and we couldn't always do what we wanted to, we loved each other more than anything in the world. Since I never had friends, she was the only one I could rely on.
When I was 11, my mom gave me the necklace, and told me that it would help me in difficult times. At 12 years I started archery lessons, and since the first class I got the hang of it. Luckily and unluckily it was the same year when my trauma happened: I was coming back from archery lessons, all alone, and got interested in a building under construction, as, ever since I was a kid, I had always wanted to be an architectural engineer when I grew up. I entered and stared in awe at the building, taking mental notes and drawing pictures on my head. Surprisingly, it was empty, but I didn't pay attention to that.
Then I saw a demon-like creature: a harpy. I loved greek mythology but I didn't quite recognize the creature, until a couple of seconds later. Anyway I ran and stripped off my necklace, thinking this would count as a "difficult time" even though I didn't know what would happen.
I wrapped it around my wrist as I was instructed, and immediately it transformed into the finest and most graceful bow I'd ever seen, it was silver as well as the quiver, while the arrows that seemed to be refill themselves where Celestial Bronze. Surprisingly, it wasn't either heavy nor uncomfortable. As a matter of fact, it had been the lightest and most comfortable bow I'd used before. It felt custom-made.
Finally, I hit the harpy in the chest, and it dissolved into golden dust. Scared, I tried to escape the building, but then, I ran into a wall and a big chunk of scrap metal fell over me with a horribly loud noise. Everything went black.
I woke up at late, just before midnight. If my estimates were correct, I had been out for over four hours. I was sore, but I had no major cuts or bruises. I was surprised because I knew that I had cut worse than what I could see. How could I have had healed so quickly?
The loud sound of metal against metal whirred in my head on an on. I ran home and showered, noticing more scars that my clothes had hid. I got out of the shower and saw myself in the mirror. When my mom came back from a business trip and saw me, I just told her I had fallen down the stairs at school, even though she knew that I had encountered a monster. I didn't know that back then, though.
Years passed and secretly I fought more monsters: mostly hellhounds and even one empousa, as well as some cruel stymphalian birds. When I tried to explain my friends, they'd always think I was out of my mind. So after many complains to the psychologist by my friends, my mom made me do some mental-health exams, which resulted in me being diagnosed with dyslexia and ADHD. That's when she knew she would soon have to tell me the truth.
Mom seemed to know something that I didn't. I suspected more and more every day until when I was 15, she finally told me the truth about my father. She explained to me all about my birth and how to use my necklace. I paid attention to every detail. She also told me that she was friend of a Mexican woman who was also a mother of twin demigods that had too, just discovered what they were: Tony and Steven. Mom told me that they were older than me and that we would go to Camp Half-Blood, so we met in El Paso and we said our goodbyes and went on our own to the camp.
We were short on money so we could only afford for food at maximum for three months and a bus. With the bus we got to Atlanta, where we went to forests to travel, and we met an empousa. My instinct was to use my necklace. While I was wrapping it, Tony cut her severely in the arm and when she got distracted, I hit her in the neck and she exploded into dust. I put myself in a relaxed position, and the bow transformed again into the necklace around my wrist, I put it in my neck and continued moving forward with the twins. Before that the empousa died, however, she had left a gash in Steven's thigh, which he kept a secret until... The wound had gotten worse since we had been sleeping in forests and the gash, without any proper treatment, had swollen and gotten infected.
We were almost at camp, just 2 miles to get there, but then there were 3 dracaenae, and all we could do was attack them. Tony was an expert with a pair of really small, yet, lethal daggers, since he always put snake poison at the blade. Steven used his spear-like weapon, which he'd made himself, since he worked in a repair shop and was a son of Hephaestus. All I had were a bow and arrows. I hit a dracaena in the head, which immediately dissolved, Tony made a big cut in the second dracaena's both serpent-like ankles. When Steven was going to impale the third with the spear, the second struck him with her trident in his left temple and jaw, harming his skull badly.
Steven fell and hit the ground almost lifeless. I ran towards him while Tony was distracting both dracaenae, he stabbed one in the heart. "Get up Steven, you can do it, you're all big and buff, not like me," I had said. He giggled "I can't Jake, I'm almost dead." He stopped, wincing at the pain, "The empousa left me a bad gash that got infected... Please take care of Tony, uh, you two make a good team when fighting. Promise me you will take my place as his brother..." he talked as best as he could since his jaw had been broken as he trailed off.
"I-I can't, why didn't you tell us before?" I stammer.
He laughed, "Because I was stupid, and proud, and wanted to act like I had killed a monster without it harming me at all. I know you can do what I commend you to do and you will. I trust you. Here, take my spear, it has a dagger hidden at the middle. Tell Tony I said you couldn't do anything to save me, tell him I-I love him and that I will look forward to—".
That was when he stopped. He was dead.
"Forward to what? Please Steven don't leave me!"
I grabbed the spear and ran with all my might towards the monster that was left, who I found in a very tight fight with Tony.
I jumped into her shoulders and threw her to the ground. Then I impaled her in the chest with the spear several times until she disintegrated.
I told Tony what had happened and he wept silently. We found Camp Half-Blood in a matter of minutes and we came in.
"All a journey to get here." Tony had said.
"All a journey." I repeated after him.
Powers @prettyboy69 • Mar 11, 2014
Powers of a Child of Eros:
- Children of Eros can manipulate the thoughts of a person for a short period of time in order to make them able to only think about the person or thing they love or favor most. Once used on a person it becomes ineffective on that person for a moderate amount of time.
- Children of Eros have the ability to focus an emotional energy beam out of their love, which will burn anything it touches.
- Children of Eros can cause people of the gender they are attracted to, to lose all desire to attack them for a short time (in the case being that they are bisexual or pansexual etc it would be only people with the same gender of their current or most recent partner). Once the child is attracting someone, they cannot attack. So the power is purely defensive.
- Children of Eros can generate a veil of the emotional energy from the feeling of love, the veil will protect them from damage for a short time, but cannot be used if the child does not have the love to fuel it.
- Children of Eros cause anyone of the opposite gender to be, at least slightly, attracted to them, they also attract people of the same gender that consider themselves gay or lesbian.
- Children of Eros are innately proficient archers.
- Children of Eros have a partial resistance to charmspeak, charm-touch etc.
- Children of Eros can detect emotional ties between different people, if they’re lovers, friends etc. and can find out about someone’s previous partners, including: if they had sex, and how long the relationship lasted. They can also easily tell their sexuality and ideal partner, it works better the more emotionally concerned the child of Eros is for the target.
- Children of Eros can manipulate the feeling of love of people by either removing it or increasing it towards themselves or other people. This is temporary and requires a lot of energy, although using it towards oneself requires less than if it were towards other people. Ex: They can make someone love and admire them, or hate them, or make best friends hate each other, or two enemies feel love for eachother.
- Children of Eros can infuse emotional love magic into their arrows or any other weapon in their possession, if the weapons hits the intended target, the target will temporarily fall in love with the first object or person they see for a moderate time. After which, the target is immune to further use of it for the rest of the fight. (Note:The Love magic works better when used with arrows though.)
- Children of Eros can decrease or increase someone’s lust, such as increasing a desire for sexual intercourse or simply wiping it out. An increase in sexual desire can be resisted by sheer willpower and will only last for a short time, this depends on the magnitude of the target’s sexual desire before it was attempted to be altered.
- Since their father was depicted as a winged god, children of Eros can sprout wings for a short time, this enables them to fly; the longer they maintain this state, the more energy it drains. They must rest between flights and cannot make long distance traveling without resting often. However the wings are vulnerable to injuries and magic; they can also be customized to the user’s preference.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Eros can infuse magic into their grasp, and ‘charm-touch’ another person into doing their will or revealing a secret to them. The person will remain under the control of the charm-touch for a few minutes or until control is relinquished, and the child of Eros must touch the skin of the person they want to affect. ‘Charm-touch’ is considered more powerful and can override charmspeak due to the fact the user must make physical contact with the target.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Eros are now able to channel their loving emotional energies to construct combative and non-combative objects, formed one at a time and no more than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, which takes on beautiful, magnificent and seemingly harmless appearances depending on the user's preferences. They can also create semi-living constructs under the user’s complete control. However, their ability to use the power, and control the construct, is hindered before or during use when they experience emotions that are like hate or malice. As these emotions are felt, the strength of the object begins to fade, becoming dull and brittle.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Eros can feed off the love they’ve given or received in their lives and become an embodiment of love. This would make them more powerful, immune to all attacks, enhancing their physical prowess and power over emotional energy they previously possessed. This only lasts for a short time, after which the user will be so exhausted they would lack the ability to even move for some time.
- In some cases Children of Eros tend to be fiercely loyal and compassionate to their loved ones, friends, and family. In other cases, they love creating romantic strife. Cheating on partners, seducing others already in relationships etc.
- Children of Eros tend to be very flirty and attractive, causing them to retain a youthful skin/hair/facial appearance than others after completing puberty.
- Children of Eros tend to be very mischievous and cunning, often seen making plans to prank or matchmake other campers.
- Children of Eros typically get along with children of Aphrodite.
Relationships @prettyboy69 • Mar 11, 2014
Custom Trivia @prettyboy69 • Mar 11, 2014