Jonah is a bit of an introvert. After hanging out with friends, he needs time to collect his inner thoughts. He is not completely anti-social, loving to talk and chat with his friends who make his day. Jonah is a bit timid and shy when approaching new people and sometimes his tongue is tied. Otherwise, he is one of your greatest friends to have. He is great at giving advice and being serious when needed, Jonah also is very trusting and loyal. If someone starts being rude to him, he is not going to be a doormat. He is going to stand up for himself and he becomes more confident.
With his terrible past with his father's death, he is very sensitive on the mention of fathers. Also at some points, he can seem very gloomy. Some days are just bad for him and he can break down. Money as a whole, scares him seeing the powers that lied in the pieces of paper. Unlike many of his half-siblings, Jonah hates gambling and games that require luck. He believes that a person can loose control of their mindset, like what happened to his dad.
Alexander King was the king of lottery tickets, every Wednesday he would make his way to the local 7/11 to buy a ticket. Though he won a bit of fortune in the long run, but he would not win big. One momentous day, Alexander was going to plug in the numbers for a million dollar jackpot until a gorgeous women suddenly caught his attention. "Tatiana" had long luscious locks paired with hazel eyes that called to him. This women was Tyche, the goddess of luck. She gave him a smile and told him to plug the lucky numbers that would win. Nodding, he put in the numbers and waved goodbye to the mysterious women. When the numbers were announced, Alexander cried of happiness. He wanted to thank the beautiful women who helped him win. Alexander knew that he would find her in the 7/11 and he did. His heart fluttered when he saw her standing at the counter, purchasing a Mega Millions ticket. Tatiana glanced at him with her half-smile and he instantly fell in love with her. He had his fair share of women in high school and college but no one was as special as her.
She took him to Las Vegas, which was on his bucket list. He dreamed of visiting the exciting city ever since elementary school. Las Vegas was known for all the shows, casinos- just about everything with entertainment. It had his energy that made him want to scream at the world. The nightlife was intense and Alexander loved it. Tatiana and Alexander partied all day and night in Sin City, dancing and drinking away. He was just a boy who worked as a busboy in Southern California who was now partying in one of Vegas's expensive night clubs. One night, Alexander was feeling overwhelmed. He suddenly fell in love with Tatiana, her presence was like a drug. He wanted her and he was addicted. A dark evening at the XS Las Vegas with doses of drinks lead to another thing. Tatiana, fearing that she was pregnant ditched Alexander in the sheets. His heart broke when he found out Tatiana left him, he fell into a wave of depression. He was bitter, angry and restless about her absence. Alexander moved from Bakersfield, California to the busy city of Las Vegas. He developed the habit of gambling, often going to one of the casinos that Tatiana showed him. Just when he was about to commit suicide, a luck nymph brought the baby he conceived with Tatiana to the door of his apartment. For the first few years, he was the perfect father. He worked at a law firm, making a fair amount of money.
Through the years, Jonah grew into a handsome boy who had many of his mother's genetics. The similarity between Jonah and Tatiana was uncanny, Alexander's heart broke again when he saw Tatiana in his own son. He went on a rampage, breaking his toys and harassed him emotionally. Alexander started going to the Casino again, gambling away his money and stopped going to work. Soon, he lost his job and started borrowing money from his friends. The once respected businessman turned into the drunken mess. Alexander's health suffered as the gambling continued and Jonah's relationship with his dad decreased. He would often lie to his son about his whereabouts, if he were to say he was going shopping he would head straight to the nearest Casino. Soon, Alexander became fond of alcohol. At first, the taste was a bitter sensation but it turned into a rich and complex desire.
A year later, Alexander died when he was drunk driving. His car slammed into another, the impact killed him instantly. Josh was now 7 and had no other family so he was put into fostercare. Tyche was worried, her former love had died and now her son was left alone. She sent her loyal luck nymph to pose as a working class women to adopt him. She needed him to be safe and Valerie was her best option, in fact this was the same nymph who delivered Jonah to his dad. Valerie did her best to give Jonah the best childhood ever and worked shifts as a maid in the Bellajo. Life after his father was simple yet tragic, Jonah was without a father figure and sometimes that was hard for him. He would sometimes spend days thinking about his dad, why he treated him like dirt. Jonah would also think about his mom- who was she? Jonah was a quiet introvert in school, unlike the boys in his school he wasn't a fan of popularity. Who would want to be the center of attention? He was also diagnosed with ADHD which made him stand-out for bad reasons.
Jonah was pretty lucky, he didn't get his real monster attack until the age of 14. It was a cold winter as Jonah wandered into a forest near the suburbs of Vegas. A beautiful raven capitivated Jonah's attention as it flawlessly flew from tree to tree. The animal symbolized the balance of life and death, something that intrigued him. Just when he was about to go near it for a closer look, the once black and bold bird transformed into a vicious ugly women. The winged women with leathery skin and vicious claws frightened him as it sliced through his skin. He automatically fainted from the loss of blood and fell on the icy ground. Valerie was not foolish enough to leave her demigod son alone so she watched him from behind the bushes, as soon as he fell to the ground she grabbed her sword and sliced through her delicate skin. The monster bursted into ashes as soon as Valerie thrusted her gleaming celestial bronze sword at it. She then carried the son of Tyche to their apartment, nursing him back to health with ambrosia. Jonah woke up in hot sweat, feeling brand new. He remembered getting pierced by the harpies but couldn't recall getting back home. Reasurring him it was his dream, Valerie sucessfully lied about the attack knowing that he wasn't ready for camp yet.
Life after that incident was still considered normal for Jonah's life of being a wallflower. A few weeks before turning 16, Jonah was a waiter at a fancy restaurant in Vegas. He had gotten the job at the age of 15 when Valerie had pulled some strings with the owner, who was Marco Le Paul. The renowed chef and child of Athena was close friends with the luck nymph whom he met during a quest. Just a normal day of waiting tables and cleaning up after guests, it was almost time for closing. Three groups of guests entered the fine establishment: an alluring women dressed in a tight red dress, a family of three and finally a teenager. The three were seated together closely in the dimmed setting as they ordered their food. Suddenly, the beautiful stranger commanded his attention. Closing her legs tightly and giving him a pouted smirk she gave him his order. Her presence attracted him as he blushed taking her order. When he was bringing the food to the women, she surprisingly stood up. Then the tables smashed as the women rose, turning into a vampire women. She had flaming hair completed with pale skin and the infamous fangs, it screamed at them. The teenager pulled out his shades and greeted the creature with his gleaming green eyes and his glistening celestial bronze sword. Everyone had fled the building except for the three demigods: the girl from the family, Jonah and the teenager. The boy wielded his sword proudly as he fought the monster with his obvious skill from years of training. The girl also pulls out her compound bow and arrows and shoots at the tragic Empousai. The shots did great damage as the monster cried in pain. The boy tossed his dagger at Jonah who tried to hit the monster who greatly rebounded. For a moment it magically attracted his attention, commanding him to drop the dagger. Agreeing, he did. It hissed at the girl and slapped her away. It became more overwhelming as the boy hit the monster critically, the monster was about to die and the boy was weak. Sacrificing himself for the two demigods, he told them to leave immediately. She then grabbed Jonah as they exited the restaurant, running all the way to his house. On the way they introduced their selves on the way. He learned that her name was Stella and immediately took a liking to the fourteen year old
Stella had explained the whole situation to Valerie in private while Jonah grieved. He wondered what happened to the boy who sacrificed himself to save them. He was confused, who was he and who was that monster? Together, Valerie and Stella then explained his ancestry and that they needed to go. Taking an hour to pack their belongings, they loaded their items to Valerie's vintage volkswagen and they went on a two week roadtrip to Long Island. In Utah, Stella bought a postcard explaining where she had been and that she would see then again. The day Jonah turned 15 was the day they finally reached camp. Just when they were about to cross the border, Valerie kissed him and gave him a pencil that could be turned into a celestial bronze axe. He also kept the blood covered dagger that the boy gave him. Holding hands with Stella, they entered camp together.
- Children of Tyche are able to bless a weapon with a “lucky” shot so that the next attack has a 95% chance of striking the target. This power cannot be used to launch fatal or severe blows, it can only be used twice in a fight.
- Children of Tyche can enhance their bodies with success and prosperity, enhancing their physical strength and speed for a short time.
- Children of Tyche have the minor ability to foresee the action of others, such as the course of action an opponent will take when attacking and dodge or parry accordingly; however, if the prediction is wrong, this may cost the child of Tyche dearly.
- Children of Tyche are able to curse a weapon with misfortune so that the next 3 attacks with it will not strike its target. This can only be used once in a fight.
- Children of Tyche emit a lucky aura, so everyone around them will be slightly luckier. They can shut it off for a long time if they wish.
- Children of Tyche are able to see all the possible outcomes of any situation, whether it be a gamble, battle or even nearing dangers, in order to react with the best tactic and reach the best conclusion. They can figure out any chance of success, and even if the odds are overwhelming, they are still able to perceive and understand any cause and effect relation regarding the situation. As such, they make better strategists.
- Children of Tyche are able to bless an object, making it into a “lucky” charm, that they can either keep for themselves or give to someone else, the object when used can bless the user with one shot of extra luck that will land. This can not be used to severely harm others, and can only be used once in a fight.
- Children of Tyche can cause someone to hallucinate about their impending doom and bad luck, distracting them momentarily from the task at hand. This allows the user to attack or flee freely. The intensity of the hallucination can be augmented but drains more energy.
- During battle, children of Tyche are able to utilize their life-force and use it as an aura of luck over their allies. The aura protects the child's allies for a short period of time, and can be used on groups of up to ten demigods. the more allies the child protects, the weaker the luck aura will be. The use of the power is severely draining and while in use the user is completely incapacitated. The allies are able to move and attack freely under the barriers, depending on the strength of the barrier their attacks will be stronger/more likely to land and it’ll be easier to avoid attacks.
- Children of Tyche can jinx an opponent, making their luck so bad that they’d constantly trip on their two feet, drop their weapons, get dust in their eyes etc. The jinx only lasts for a short time and leaves the opponent vulnerable to an attack or gives the user a chance to flee.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Tyche can turn their surrounding area into either a bliss zone, terror zone or a black box. The area will be a 10-meter radius with the user’s location as the center. In a bliss zone, everything good that can happen will happen. In a terror zone, everything bad that can happen will happen. And in a black box, outcomes of actions will be wild and unpredictable. Ex: an animal could run in and interfere with an attack. Someone getting hurt in one of the zones will count as good or bad, depending on how much damage they’ve taken/given beforehand. An injured character getting hurt more counts as bad and an uninjured character getting hurt counts as good. This will not ensure permanent or lethal damage. The zone only lasts for a moderate amount of time before fading away. This power can only be used once in a fight.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Tyche are able to induce terrible luck on a target for a short time, an enhancement of Supplementary 4. The probability of terrible things happening to them drastically increases. They could be in the epicenter of a mild earthquake, powerful storm or even in the destination of a meteorite shower etc. The user must ensure they’re a safe distance when creating the curse and thus can curse someone from up to a 20-meter distance. The curse cannot be used to instantly murder someone and the user is substantially drained once it ends.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Tyche are able to make themselves so lucky for a short time, it will enhance their abilities. In this state, the user will be so lucky, all attacks aimed towards them would fail. Their physical prowess substantially increases and all their attacks have an 85% chance of success. Once the luck enhancement subsides, the user will be so drained they won’t be able to move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Tyche are generally very lucky in all that they do.
- Children of Tyche are typically adept at playing games of chance.
- Children of Tyche normally see the luck of any person, whether they’re incredibly fortunate or plagued with terrible luck. They can also see different possible fates of others when idle, but the child will have no idea which one shall come to pass. Ex: They’d be able to see a person’s possible future of where they become a famous celebrity and another one where they’re a homeless vagrant.
Alexander King (Father) - You don't treat your son like that.
Tyche (Mother) - I would like to meet you one day.
Valerie(Adoptive Mother) - Thanks for saving me.
Stella (Friend) - ..