Son of Aphrodite • Camper
Gender is an illusion. Camp Half-Blood Joined June 2015 25Following 284kFollowers
History @Byeongcheol • Jun 4
Hi. My name is Sunmi, but I do not like that name. That is a girl’s name, and I’m not a girl. I am 10 years old. My dad told me to keep a diary so I can write down all about my exciting life! Today, dad told me more about mommy. He said that she was very pretty and it was love at first sight. Whatever that means. He told me that when I’m older, he can tell me the story of how daddy and mommy met. I’m not sure when that is, but I really hope it’s soon. Anyways, a new kid from America moved to South Korea today. His name is Max. Max doesn’t know very much Korean, so I said that I can teach him. I also said that my English isn’t very good, so he can help me with that too!! I guess that’s really all for day.
It’s been a year since I’ve had this diary. I’m 11 now, which is a pretty good age but, today was awesome!! Dad told me his story. He was waiting until I got old enough to tell me. I guess I’m old enough. This is what he said: “When your mother and I first met, I felt like it was love at first sight. She had beautiful, long brown hair and crystal blue eyes. I accidentally ran into her while heading to work. I couldn’t get her off my mind the entire day. Once I got off work, I searched up and down just to find her, but I had no luck. Just when I thought I gave up, I saw her again. Without hesitation, I asked her out, to get to know her better. She politely accepted my offer. Her name was Anastasia. We had dated for a few weeks, which were the best weeks of my life. We drove back to my apartment, and that’s how you were made. I never saw her again, but 3 months later, I found you at my doorstep, with a letter simply stating: “Dear Chi, I’m sorry to make this so short, but if you remember Anastasia, this is her. My real name is Aphrodite, and this is our child. I cannot take custody of this child due to strict laws, so please, take good care our child. -Aphrodite” Without a second thought, I did.” I thought his story was really cool and amazing. I hope to fall in love like that someday.
Max, one of my best friends, is learning Korean pretty fast, the same goes for me for English. Max gets bullied a lot for being American. It isn’t far. I don’t understand at all. I mean, he’s just from another country. Since he still doesn’t know too much Korean, I help translate for him with a lot of the words he can’t understand or pronounce. I told dad and he said that it was great that I was making friends. He says I’m usually so shy and quiet around people. I mean, people can be pretty scary.
I’m sorry I haven’t picked you up in so long, I’ve been terribly busy, but, I think I’ve had enough of everyone calling me a girl. A couple of weeks ago, I asked dad onto getting me a haircut. In all honesty, I never loved my long hair. It makes me look like a female, and I am definitely not a female. I wanted it short, like a pixie cut. Dad said no, but I never gave up. I begged and pleaded until yesterday morning, he got me a haircut. After the final results, I was filled with glee. My old hair ran all the way down my back, which I hated. It was so hot and hard to maintain, since it was rather thick. I showed Max today, and he loved it. Today is also my birthday, where I turn 13 years old. It feels good to be 13, and with one of my closest friends. Max goes to all the same schools I did. I found it odd, but I was happy
But, something terrifying happened. As Max and I were heading to class, a giant dog entered the school. It looked terrifying. At first, I thought I was going insane, but Max and a lot of the other students saw it too. It only seemed to focus on me, as it charged right at me. I ran and ran, since I was terrifying and how it caused so much havoc, but I couldn’t get it off my tail. I tripped, and the beast was over me. I was in a panic, but I had nowhere to run. I thought I was done for, until a bronze weapon chopped off its head. Mortified, I tried to move, but I couldn’t. I was shocked at what just happened in front of me. The beast’s head and body turned into gold dust, as I gained movement back into my body, and ran.
The school closed down for the day since everything was a mess, so my dad’s girlfriend, Keira, came to pick me up. She’s been dad’s girlfriend for a couple of weeks now, but I love her already. I told her that my name was Kai and I was a boy. My dad tried to correct me, but Keira insisted on calling me a boy and my name. Dad still calls me Sunmi, but Keira doesn’t. Keira can cook really well and I help her around the house. I’m going to hang out with Max tomorrow, and Keira said she was going to buy me all new clothes that fit me on the weekend, I honestly can’t wait.
After the events that happened, Max and I hung out the next day. His mom was really nice and stuff. Max had a whole bunch of video games that we could play. The main thing was his clothes. Since my clothes were awfully tight on me, I asked Max if I could wear some of his. Max already knew I was a boy and my name is Kai so he let me. When I wore them, it made me so happy. It felt as if they belonged on me. Dad came to pick me up 5 hours later and saw I had Max’s clothes on. Dad was rather angry at me, since I was wearing “boys clothes”. Once I gave Max’s clothes back, dad practically dragged me out the door to home. He lectured me that I was a girl and my name was Amber. I hated it. I hate it when people call me a girl, I hate it when people call me Amber. I tried not to cry, but I did. Once we got home, Keira saw how upset I was. Dad told her everything. Keira defended me, saying to dad that I AM a boy. Dad rolled his eyes, and went to his room. Keira and I spend some time bonding. She said it was “mother and son bonding”. I love mother and son bonding. We spend the night watching our favorite movies and eating snacks together. I wanted to do it again, and Keira promised that we would.
Yesterday, Keira and I went shopping for new, better fitting clothes for me. I didn’t want female clothing, so I walked into the boy’s section. Keira understood fully, so we spend almost the whole day picking out clothes that I wanted. Dad usually picked out all my clothes for me, which really isn’t fair. But, once we got home, dad said we were moving to America. I was upset, because not only did dad say I couldn’t say goodbye to Max, but I was moving away from my home. Dad said that we had to pack tonight and tomorrow. Thankfully, Keira will be coming along with us. We’ll be moving to Washington State, and honestly, I’m gonna miss South Korea.
During in that span of time, Kai and his father and soon to be stepmother, moved to Washington State, and Kai couldn’t find his diary anywhere once they moved. Frustrated, he gave up looking for it. Each year of his birthday, Kai ran into monsters he desperately escaped from. But with each year, the more Kai saw himself as a male. With his stepmother, Keira, by his side to support him, she helped Kai transition into a male. He wore makeup and explained how it defined his face. Keira and Chi agreed. Chi was still unsupportive through Kai's transition, but still loved him.
At his school, many people found Kai to be a “pretty boy”. With his free time, he taught himself piano, but it wasn’t easy. Luckily, the music teacher helped him play piano. By the time Kai was 16, he could play the piano easily and skillfully. Keira and Chi were proud of their son for finding an interest in something he loved so much. He found a friend that was very similar to his old friend, Max, his name was Sun. Sun told Kai that he was in danger many times, but Kai ignored him.
By the time Kai was 18, many monsters had found his location. While Sun and Kai were headed to the plaza for Kai’s birthday when a few hellhounds attacked Kai. Kai tried to run, but the hellhounds had him cornered. Kai was mortified, he couldn’t move, when Sun sliced and diced the hellhounds. Sun told him that he was sent by Aphrodite to take him to camp, but since Kai was stubborn, he couldn’t be taken to camp. But, without a second thought, Kai went along with Sun to Camp Half Blood. As they were heading there, Sun gave Kai a bronze necklace that can turn into a Celestial Bronze Scythe. Kai was to be cautious of his necklace, as it could turn into a deadly weapon.
Powers @Byeongcheol • Jun 4
- Children of Aphrodite can create a large plume of dense perfume or make-up which obscures them and begins to suffocate anyone else within it. This can give the user a chance to attack.
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to fire razor sharp scallop shells at high speed which can be shot fast enough that they could pierce the skin on impact. The shells would materialize and fire from the user’s palms, so the size of them depends on the user.
- Children of Aphrodite can cause people of any gender to lose all desire to attack them for a short time. Out of an artificial love, the love isn’t necessarily romantic and could be like sibling love. If the user attacks while this is in effect, it will automatically wear off.
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to entrap an enemy in a large scallop shell, similar to the one their mother emerged from at birth. Once closed, the clam is extremely difficult to escape from. It is highly durable and cannot be teleported out of, after a short time the clam will fade from existence. The target cannot be attacked while they are inside the clam, so the power is purely defensive. It can only be summoned twice in the same fight.
- Children of Aphrodite cause anyone who possesses a sexual orientation towards them to be at least slightly, attracted to them.
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to be able to resist charm speak, a charming touch etc. to an extent.
- Children of Aphrodite have the innate ability to be able to resist the effects of pheromones to an extent.
- Children of Aphrodite are able to communicate with and command doves. If the user gives too many commands, the doves will become frustrated and disobey.
- Children of Aphrodite can alter their appearance (including clothes and make-up) for short periods of time, the more they alter their appearance, and the longer they maintain the appearance, the more energy it drains.
- Children of Aphrodite can curse someone to feel like they’re completely hated and unloved, they’ll feel like they’re ugly and will sink into self-pity for a short time. This gives the user a chance to attack or flee.
- Children of Aphrodite can infuse magic into their words and ‘charm-speak’ another into doing their will or revealing a secret to them; the person will remain under the control of the charm-speak for a few minutes or until control is relinquished, the longer the control is kept.
- Children of Aphrodite can control the clothing of others, create and transform it at will (not armor). They could turn a girl’s prom dress into a red bikini, create a scarf around someone’s neck and command it to strangle someone etc. Commands and transformations only last for a short time and the target’s clothes revert to normal.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Aphrodite are able to turn into a dove, which allows them flight, the longer they maintain this form, the more energy is drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to control the levels of hormones related to love in humans; serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. The user has the ability to increase or decrease each of these hormones separately or all together. Increases in serotonin will make the target go temporarily insane and decreases will make the target become depressed, while increases in dopamine will make the target super sensitive to their surroundings and decreases will stiffen the movements of the target. Increases in norepinephrine will increase the rate of heart contractions of the target and decreases in this hormone can result in severely lowered heart rate. The use of this power can be extremely draining for the user depending on how extreme the alterations of the hormone levels are.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to transform an area into a maze of mirrors for a moderate period of time, as one of their mother’s attributes was a mirror. Whilst in the maze, the user’s target can become disoriented and confused as all they can see is their own appearance, however, the glass is somewhat durable and cannot be broken easily. The user can move about while the maze is in place, and the sight of their own beautiful reflection empowers them a little. They innately know their way through the maze, as they created it, but they cannot change the layout of the maze once it is in place. The size of the maze depends on how large the user would like it; they can range in size up to that of a battle arena, however, the larger it is the more the user is drained. After dismantling the maze, the user is significantly drained and may not be able to move for a moderate period of time.
- Children of Aphrodite almost always have innate knowledge of the French language since it’s known as "the language of love" and pheromones related to love in humans.
- Children of Aphrodite are known for being incredibly attractive, seductive and flirty.
- Children of Aphrodite often enjoy things that are pretty and things that bring them pleasure. Making them quite fashionable, fun-loving and sometimes promiscuous.
- Children of Aphrodite commonly have a taste for apples.
Relationships @Byeongcheol • Jun 4
Gallery @Byeongcheol • Jun 4
Custom Trivia @Byeongcheol • Jun 4
- Kai's name is Byeong-cheol, but since arriving in the states, he uses his English name.