Son of Kronos. Councilman of Othrys.
Incompetence has repercussions. The Spire Joined Jnauary 2019 182Following 247KFollowers
History @king • May 02
This demi-titan’s story begins thousands of years ago when the Titan War was happening. When it began to become obvious that the Gods were gaining the upper hand, the titans were in a state of disarray. Many began to ascend to the mortal world to have children with the mortals to ensure their legacy would continue if the gods locked them away for eternity. At first, Kronos refused, fearing a demi-titan child of his would become powerful like Zeus and overthrow him if he managed to defeat the gods. However, when the fall of the titans was becoming ensured, he too entered the mortal world and travelled east in hopes that the gods would never find his half mortal child. He ended up in an area that would be today’s Beijing and met a woman named Meng Mingxia.
Admittedly the whole sex and go aspect of the demi-titan’s conception wasn’t the most glamorous way for such a rare child but desperate times called for desperate measures. Kronus was barely in the area for three days before he returned to Othrys. Mingxia who was left pregnant, continued her life as normal, unaware of the status her child would have. With the support of her family, who didn’t disown her due to their publicity and high status within the nation, Mingxia gave birth nine months later to a son who she named Nianzu.
As Nianzu grew up he was under the impression his father was a member of an aristocracy up in the northern part of China, not the Greek titan Kronos. His mother’s family raised him in secret, hiring the best teachers to homeschool him until he was of age where he could live by himself - they even went as far as to purchase a home near a river so he could move there with little troubles. Given a Dao/刀 at a young age to train with meant that, when he was old enough, he would be able to defend himself if he chose to go into the army
and against monsters .
Sadly, Nianzu spent the majority of his childhood locked away, unable to see those of his age and interact with another human being that wasn’t a family member nor a teacher. To put it simply, nothing interesting happened. Not until he was 13, that is. On the odd occasion that he was allowed out to roam the family’s garden, Nianzu was always protected by some guards loyal to the family out of paranoia that he would run away and ruin their reputation. Both were demigods, sons of Ares, who were installed in their positions once Mingxia had been notified by Rhea of the danger her son would be placed in due to his father to which she masked as protecting the Meng name. On one of these outings, just down to the bottom of the large garden, Nianzu was attacked by a hellhound It was large in size and easily managed to kill one of the guards before the other and Nianzu could react. Whilst fighting the hellhound off, the second guard told Nianzu to flee to the house and tell his mother that the attacks had begun. Nianzu did so and upon hearing it, his mother hired more guards of godly heritage to ensure her son’s survival - fearing that the gods of the west were beginning to target her child.
Mingxia couldn’t have been more accurate. Zeus had learnt of Nianzu’s heritage when he was only 10 years old. The prospect of a child of Kronos with a mortal caused alarm bells to happen in Zeus’ mind and he did his best to prevent the child from growing up. Many other gods agreed, explaining the larger influx of monsters Nianzu faced. Not only due to this, but also due to his essential protection squad comprised of demigods, Nianzu was subjected to a monster attack each year until he was 20. Each monster attack was met with the assistance of one of the demigods who trained him, until his final attack at 20 where he defended himself with ease against a harpy.
After his harpy attack, Nianzu was kidnapped by Zeus who kept him as a prisoner in the form of a servant on Olympus to watch over him and ensure that he wouldn’t follow in his father’s footsteps. For the next thousands of years until 2010, Nianzu served as an attendant to Zeus who wasn’t allowed to go down to the mortal world. It made something snap inside of Nianzu - seeing his mother die and seeing the country he loved changed so drastically. It began the thought process that the world the Gods had created in the place of that of the titans didn’t seem to be perfect. Since assuming his new role, he learnt of his heritage and wondered that his father must’ve been something great if he managed to overthrow his throne and keep it and that Zeus had little issue since there weren’t many threats.
Two thousand or so years of begging to be released, Nianzu was eventually set free of his position and ascended earth once more. Instead of going to his native homeland of China, Nianzu went to America and adopted the name Kingston. From then on he lived a life that he dreamt of living since his capture. Not too long into arriving in America, New York City specifically, Kingston met another demi-titan by the name of Edison Mae and the two embarked on a friendship which later turned into a relationship. During this time, Kingston learnt that Edison shared his views on the Gods’ world being corrupt and the two began to wonder about a world where the Titans ruled again. Crazy cult-ish stuff aside, the two got married in secret and two years following that they founded the Champions of Othrys with the goal of destroying the Gods and all associations affiliated with them.
Powers @king • May 02
Powers of a child of Kronos [ 3/6/9 Unlocked ]:
- Children of Kronos are able to utilize time manipulation with their physical combat, making their attacks appear extremely fast while causing the victim to be slowed down, for a short time
- Children of Kronos can warp a person's sense of time, temporarily stunning them.
- Children of Kronos have the ability to revert time around them for a short duration in order to dodge an attack that was unforeseen.
- Children of Kronos can see a few seconds into the future; allowing them to possibly predict the actions of others, but also obscuring their sight at times.
- Children of Kronos have the ability to view the specific past of a person’s life.
- Children of Kronos are able to see the length of a person's life span
- Children of Kronos can temporarily freeze time the longer time is frozen the more it drains, while time is frozen they are unable to attack
- Children of Kronos can construct weapons, objects or wields, no more than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, out of temporal time energies, for a short time to attack for the user.
- Children of Kronos have the ability to travel back and forth in time, but they are unable to interact with or change past events they are only able to see the events play out. When they go forward in time they only see “possible” futures, that does not mean those future events will come to pass.
- Children of Kronos can trap anyone or anything into reiterating time stream where where everything inside the loop is restarted precisely every so often, possibly even backwards. You may be able to force someone to relive the same few seconds, upwards to an hour, for as long as you keep them there. While the time loop is maintained the user is incapacitated and the longer the time loop is maintained the more energy it drains. On some occasions people have been know to retain a small amount of memories or eventually escape weaker temporal loops.
- Children of Kronos can construct creatures, no more than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, out of temporal time energies, for a short time to attack for the user, while the creature is attacking the user is incapacitated and the longer they maintain the creature the more energy it drains.
- Children of Kronos are usually natural leaders.
- Children of Kronos always know what time it is, even if they don't have a watch
Relationships @king • May 02
Gallery @king • May 02
Custom Trivia @king • May 02