Daughter of Poseidon • Lieutenant Counsellor
You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. Camp Half-Blood Joined February 2018 398Following 187KFollowers
History @witchofthewaves • Jan 19, 2018
Lana was born in 2001, her father was the god Poseidon, and her mother was an actress (and also a demigod daughter of Ares). They met at the Met Gala in 2000. Though no one recagnized Poseidon on the red carpet, among all the elegance and fashion of the evening, few people thought twice about the mysterious hunk of style that was crashing the event. Ms. Eastwood, being a demigod herself felt a familiar ambiance in the mysterious man. She caught Poseidon's eye, and he approached. After a brief interchange, he declared his true self to her after the event had concluded and he offered to take her home. The paparazzi went crazy seeing Eastwood leave with the mystery man. They hooked up that night after the gala, months later, Lana was delivered to the Eastwood Residence, with a choker and a set of earrings, all were bronze.
Lana grew up in a first class home because of her mother, Jackie Easton's, action hero A-list movie star status. Lana doesn't have a great relationship with her mother, as she is always working, and doesn't have time for her.
The first time she was attacked by a monster was while she was still living with her mom, at her home in Miami a few months before she turned thirteen. While alone, Lana was bathing in the pool in her backyard. She was laying on an inflatable tube and tanning in the sun when shriek like chirping sounded from all around her. She got out of the pool, wearing a bikini. Suddenly there was complete silence. Lana looked around, it was eerie. Lana started heading inside, as a bird about the size of the pigeon swooped down at her. Lana shrieked and ran inside her house. More birds swooped out of trees, and all around the backyard, chasing Lana and trying to get into the house. Lana had closed and locked the doors. She was panicking. She headed down a hall towards her room, when a window in a skylight shattered, as glass shards fell, breaking into a thousand pieces, the birds began diving inside through the opening. Lana shrieked and ran to barricade herself in her room, along the way she grabbed a bronze mace-like contraption from along her mothers's display wall, which had a collection of weapons from her previous films and projects. The mace had actually been her mother's choice weapon before she left the mythological world behind. While occasionally she had to fight a monster, she abandoned the regular behavior and expectations of a demigod. She specifically referred to her collection as her 'spoils of war', and had collected them miscellaneously over the years, some she bought online, others were given by friends. The mace, in particular, had been granted to her by the Greek Prime-minister after he had 'wrapped' a film set in Greece about the Trojan War. The collection consisted of rare mysterious weaponry, from all different time periods. Some were Greek, others Egyptian, among the entire collection was swords, maces, guns, ect. The Stymphalian Birds flew at her. Using the mace, she began swirling it around herself, trying to hit the birds away from her body. She was nicked and pricked a few different times, yet for the most part, the mace was working. Some birds were impaled, others were smashed, but there were so many of them that it seemed like she wasn't doing anything to stop them. She started growing weak and limp. She retreated back to her room, and slammed the door closed after her, she locked the door and waited. Once again there was an eerie quietness. Finally, after waiting what seemed like hours, Lana unlocked the door and peeked into the hall. No birds remained, while the damage they had caused still lay throughout the house.
After the incident with the Stymphalian Birds, Lana began in-depth researching about what they possibly could have been. She discovered that they were Greek monsters. She was reluctant to tell her mother the whole story, because 1) she wasn't sure if she would care, 2) she didn't think she would even believe her.
That night after the incident with the Stymphalian Birds, Lara was alert, the same eerie noise from the attack had begun again. Lara was waiting in her room which had a small hot tup on the adjacent balcony. Suddenly, a whirlpool started in the shallow water of the tub. Then with a flash of light, an oval-like shape appeared. Staring through the oval image was a man of buff dimensions, the air smelled of sea salt. Lana silently shifted closer, but still appalled and slightly terrified, this was the second 'supernatural' occurrence of the day. The man spoke, "It isn't safe for you anymore, find your refuge, there are many there who are like you. You will find it in New York, Long Island Sound, Camp Half-Blood, they will accept you and meet you there. He will find you, and you will know him." The image vanished, and Lara stood there in shock. Everything was back to normal, again like nothing had ever happened. Lara, used her mother's credit card to buy a plane ticket, to New York. From there, she found Camp Half-Blood.
Powers @witchofthewaves • Jan 19, 2018
Powers of a Child of Poseidon:
- Children of Poseidon can fire a powerful blast of water with high pressure, the equivalent to that of a powerful fire hose.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to conjure a weapon out of water which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. They can also make small non-combative objects out of water.
- Children of Poseidon can densify the water pressure in their own bodies, hardening their muscles and skin to the point where they are immune to physical attacks for a short time.
- Children of Poseidon can innately breathe and heal slightly faster underwater.
- Children of Poseidon can keep themselves and everything they touch dry in the water, unless they choose to become wet.
- Children of Poseidon can make air bubbles form under water, some large enough to contain allies and sustain them for a moderate time before popping.
- Children of Poseidon can survive falling from high altitudes as long as they land in water, they can also go as deep into the ocean as they desire without any effects from the water pressure.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to create minor earthquakes, only large enough to knock anyone in the immediate vicinity of the user off their feat, and only for a few seconds.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to Water Travel, a sort of teleportation; the further the distance, the more is energy drained, and there must be a substantial amount of water at both ends.
- Children of Poseidon are able to telekinetically move water at a high rate. The larger amount of water used, the more energy it drains.
- Children of Poseidon are able to summon and telepathically command equestrian animals, such as horses, giraffes, zebras and hippocampi. They can also do the same with all animals that dwell in the sea, the more animals summoned and the bigger they are. The more energy is drained.
- Children of Poseidon can create the octopus form, a body of water formed around the user into a protective barrier of water with eight or so whip-like limbs which can be used to grasp or strike an attacking opponent or to intercept and seize incoming projectiles. The longer this form is maintained, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Poseidon can summon a tidal wave of up to 25-feet tall, which can not harm them. The tidal wave could injure an opponent and give the user a chance to flee.
- Children of Poseidon are able to transform into horses while out of the water, or hippocampi while in the water, for short times, the longer they remain in the form, the more energy it drains and the more time they need to rest between transforming.
- Children of Poseidon are able to transform their bodies into a state of pure water for a short time, during this they are immune to attacks. The hydrokinetic abilities they already possess are enhanced by this state. the user will be extremely drained once the transformation ends. Unable to move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Poseidon always know their exact coordinates when in water and are able to innately feel the difference between freshwater and saltwater.
- Children of Poseidon normally have a love for water, and generally excel at water sports.
- Children of Poseidon tend to be favored by animals of the sea.
- Children of Poseidon often have a natural affinity for horses and many grow up to become equestrians.
Relationships @witchofthewaves • Jan 19, 2018
Gallery @witchofthewaves • Jan 19, 2018
Custom Trivia @witchofthewaves • Jan 19, 2018