Maxine is a self-declared beautifully intimidating gal. She is a happy-go-lucky girl and is always confident in everything she does. She doesn't have any friends and prefers to bond with her family.
15 years ago, Maximillion was browsing for a certain romance novel book in a local library. When he finally found the book, he was surprised to see a lady about to take it on its other side. He simply pushed to her the book then smiled at her after. The lady then sat on a vacant chair and of course Maximillion followed her and sat beside her. They talked and found out that both of them have the same similarities, likes and dislikes. The lady introduced herself as Anne. They talked and talked until it was already late, time for them to go home. Maximillion insisted Anne to drive her home since he has a car and she doesn't.
Days passed and both of them got closer to each other. They always meet inside the public library and together will read romance novels. One night, they slept in the same bed and what was about to happened already happened. The next morning, Maximillion found a note on the bed table that says:
Maximillion my love, Do forgive me for leaving you like this. I didn't regret what we did and you should be proud of it. I left for a reason. But remember this: Await my gift. Your love, Anne
Maximillion didn't know what he did to make Anne leave him. He blamed himself. After about 5 months, while Maximillion was watching a romance movie, there was a sudden knock on the door in front of Maximillion's house. He saw no one but instead saw a baby wrapped up in a blanket inside a basket. He carried it inside his house. Then suddenly, like a struck of lightning, he remembered Anne's farewell letter to him about the gift she'll give. He realized that the gift she was referring to was this baby. He smiled when he saw the baby smile too as she watches the romance movie still playing.
At the age of 7, Maxine already did home schooling instead in going to regular school because her dad do not want anything bad happen to Maxine because of her clumsiness. She was diagnosed of ADHD and dyslexia both on the age of 8. Since her dad is half-french, she personally taught Maxine some basic french words. Maxine never had a friend since then because of her dad treating her like a prisoner in a house.
She was 9 years old when she tried to escape once and go to the park where every kids in the neighborhood go and play. She met there a guy in a full coat, his face not visible. He was really suspicious and all but Maxine didn't pay any attention to him but instead played with the other kids. When she decided to go home for lunch, the mysterious man followed her on the way home. She walked faster then luckily heard the man's footsteps disappearing.
1 year after, someone moved in beside their house. There she met a boy about her age named Harry. One day when Maxine's dad was in his working hours, Maxine visited Harry to play. They've been very close since then and cannot be anymore separated. Harry acted like Maxine's older brother.
Maxine is already 11 years old when she a monster confronted her. She was on her way home from the market when Harry ran after her. He grabbed her by his hand then lead her to the woods. Harry said that something was chasing them the reason for her to look back and saw a weird faced lady with wings. Harry told Maxine that it was a harpy.
The harpy still followed them. They stopped for a while then Harry played on his reed pipe. Maxine already knew that Harry is very good at playing reed pipes. But, she was surprised to see the monster's running pace getting slower. Then, the music changed and now, vines were sprouting from the ground trying to trap the harpy. Fortunately, they were able to escape.
After that encounter, Harry already explained everything to Maxine. It all answered Maxine's weird encounters when she was a kid. He said that he would need her to go to camp to train and be stronger. Maxine do not want to be apart from her father that quick so he asked Harry to protect her for 3 more years. Harry then agreed. More and more monsters were coming up one by one in those 3 years. But, they were able to beat it thanks to Harry.
It was already dismissal time for Maxine's home school. She decided to go to the park since his dad now allows her to go outside. There she saw Harry, his lower body blocked by the bushes, feeling uneasy. She went to him then he quickly grabbed her then they ran to the woods.
The scene was too fast the reason for Maxine to not realize that Harry's lower part is that of a goat. Instead of legs, she saw furry goat limbs. While they were running endlessly across the forest. Harry still didn't told Maxine that he was a satyr, and so he explained again while they were on their way to camp. Harry gave her a ring which changes into a short CB sword for her keepsake and protection. Then he insisted Maxine to run to the end of the woods to reach the camp.
She already reached the end of the woods and there she saw a nearly visible camp beside a hill. She reached for her sword that Harry gave her. She then entered camp feeling safe and secure.
- Children of Aphrodite can create a large plume of dense perfume or make-up which obscures them and begins to suffocate anyone else within it. This can give the user a chance to attack.
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to fire razor sharp scallop shells at high speed which can be shot fast enough that they could pierce the skin on impact. The shells would materialize and fire from the user’s palms, so the size of them depends on the user.
- Children of Aphrodite can cause people of any gender to lose all desire to attack them for a short time. Out of an artificial love, the love isn’t necessarily romantic and could be like sibling love. If the user attacks while this is in effect, it will automatically wear off.
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to entrap an enemy in a large scallop shell, similar to the one their mother emerged from at birth. Once closed, the clam is extremely difficult to escape from. It is highly durable and cannot be teleported out of, after a short time the clam will fade from existence. The target cannot be attacked while they are inside the clam, so the power is purely defensive. It can only be summoned twice in the same fight.
- Children of Aphrodite cause anyone who possesses a sexual orientation towards them to be at least slightly, attracted to them.
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to be able to resist charm speak, a charming touch etc. to an extent.
- Children of Aphrodite have the innate ability to be able to resist the effects of pheromones to an extent.
- Children of Aphrodite are able to communicate with and command doves. If the user gives too many commands, the doves will become frustrated and disobey.
- Children of Aphrodite can alter their appearance (including clothes and make-up) for short periods of time, the more they alter their appearance, and the longer they maintain the appearance, the more energy it drains.
- Children of Aphrodite can curse someone to feel like they’re completely hated and unloved, they’ll feel like they’re ugly and will sink into self-pity for a short time. This gives the user a chance to attack or flee.
- Children of Aphrodite can infuse magic into their words and ‘charm-speak’ another into doing their will or revealing a secret to them; the person will remain under the control of the charm-speak for a few minutes or until control is relinquished, the longer the control is kept.
- Children of Aphrodite can control the clothing of others, create and transform it at will (not armor). They could turn a girl’s prom dress into a red bikini, create a scarf around someone’s neck and command it to strangle someone etc. Commands and transformations only last for a short time and the target’s clothes revert to normal.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Aphrodite are able to turn into a dove, which allows them flight, the longer they maintain this form, the more energy is drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to control the levels of hormones related to love in humans; serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. The user has the ability to increase or decrease each of these hormones separately or all together. Increases in serotonin will make the target go temporarily insane and decreases will make the target become depressed, while increases in dopamine will make the target super sensitive to their surroundings and decreases will stiffen the movements of the target. Increases in norepinephrine will increase the rate of heart contractions of the target and decreases in this hormone can result in severely lowered heart rate. The use of this power can be extremely draining for the user depending on how extreme the alterations of the hormone levels are.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to transform an area into a maze of mirrors for a moderate period of time, as one of their mother’s attributes was a mirror. Whilst in the maze, the user’s target can become disoriented and confused as all they can see is their own appearance, however, the glass is somewhat durable and cannot be broken easily. The user can move about while the maze is in place, and the sight of their own beautiful reflection empowers them a little. They innately know their way through the maze, as they created it, but they cannot change the layout of the maze once it is in place. The size of the maze depends on how large the user would like it; they can range in size up to that of a battle arena, however, the larger it is the more the user is drained. After dismantling the maze, the user is significantly drained and may not be able to move for a moderate period of time.
- Children of Aphrodite almost always have innate knowledge of the French language since it’s known as "the language of love" and pheromones related to love in humans.
- Children of Aphrodite are known for being incredibly attractive, seductive and flirty.
- Children of Aphrodite often enjoy things that are pretty and things that bring them pleasure. Making them quite fashionable, fun-loving and sometimes promiscuous.
- Children of Aphrodite commonly have a taste for apples.