Noah Azid @N.Azid I use to be aquaman but now I'm your local citizen. Don't bother me and we'll be cool. Camp Half-Blood Joined April 2020 925Following 725Followers
History @N.Azid • April 10
Nadia Azid was a second generation immigrant who had watched the world with wary eyes. Having been in New York during 9/11, she's experienced how the world shift, how cruel people can be, how a community can change over a day. Nadia once worked in airport security, of all places, but soon found herself without a job and losing all hope. Her parents were old, having had Nadia late in life due to fertility issues, and Nadia had their medical bills to pay. So she jumped from job to job, desperate for any chances people gave her, despite her own pride suffering as a result. Her only escape was the water, travelling from beach to beach. She aimed for early in the morning when there were little to no people to bother her. It was here that she met Poseidon. Handsome, kind, considerate and loved the ocean as much as she did. Of course, he didn't tell her who he was. It wasn't anything serious on either side. Nadia couldn't marry him. She was already engaged to a family friend by this point. To be married within a month. But Nadia had fallen into infatuation-quickly and without a care. They saw each other here and there until she got married. 8 months later: she was giving birth to Noah. Naturally, she lied and said he was a premature baby and the husband believed her well enough, not knowing enough about babies and pregnancy to dispute it. Of course, the midwife knew different but she kept her mouth shut. Nadia insisted on naming him Noah rather than a traditional Islamic name. Because Noah was the name of his father-or so she thought.
They didn't have much between them but they had enough to give Noah a roof over his head and food on his plate. Like his parents, Noah flocked to the water, learning how to swim by the age of three. Nadia put him through swimming school, driving him to every practise every single day. She wanted him to have a future. A future she didn't have herself. The stepfather was almost a dead beat dad save for not leaving. He went to work, watched television when he came home, then went to bed, rarely acknowledging either his wife or his son (or so he believed). Which suited Nadia well enough. Noah was hers. Not theirs. By eight, Noah was winning swimming competitions for both his age range and the range above him. Anyone could tell Noah had a bright future in front of him. No matter his religion, no one could deny that. When he was nine years old, he was attacked in his back yard by a fire breathing horse. Not knowing what to do, Noah just stood there screaming. And then suddenly he was being showered by golden dust with his step father staring down at him. Although the cat was out of the bag, the step father kept it to himself. He was a son of Hermes and his own birth had been something similar. Not as if either of them wanted to be married in the first place. The step father taught Noah how to fight, giving him a celestial bronze dagger. With the one condition he didn't tell his mother the truth. Over the years, he was attacked by a few other monsters but with his step father's training, he was able to fight them off. Either through dumb luck or by running away. Once, he was helped by a satyr who offered to take him to camp. But, once again, he denied.
His swimming abilities landed him a scholarship to a private school. Which Nadia was overjoyed about. His stepfather had asked him if he wanted to go to camp during the summer but he said no, preferring to stay with his family during the summer and go on holidays interstate. The private school was, understandably, full of rich kids who often singled him out for looking 'other'. As kids normally did. He was the new boy in town that could barely afford the uniform. An easy target. The one person who did give him a chance was the swimming coach, who did see potential. Whilst he refused to admit it, he believed Noah was the guy that could get into the olympics. Meanwhile, by the time he was 16, Noah was becoming closer to the other top competitor in the team. Lachlan. At first, it was hanging out after swim meets, then it grew into the weekends. Sharing rooms on swim camps. Of course, they were falling in love and soon fell into a relationship. A secret one, of course.
However, the need to be the best reared its ugly head. Both were getting top scores, and when they were seventeen, they got into the Olympic trial swim meets. If they won this, they could get into the Olympic team. Noah would have come second. If he didn't lose to Lachlan-who had pulled on his ankle half way through the swim. Lachlan was the underdog and everyone was shocked that Noah had lost. Unable to prove Lachlan sabotaged him, Noah lost-everything. He didn't have any money to fall back onto like Lachlan did. He'd have to wait another three years to get his next chance. Noah was angry, bitter, heartbroken. Which erupted later that month when he found Lachlan making fun of Noah with his friends. Noah jumped him. He blacked out and was told he couldn't stop hitting him. This ended with Noah being charged aggravated assault and two years in juvenile detention.
When Noah got out, his dreams were crushed. His parents refused to see him. With nothing left going for him, Noah headed to camp halfblood that he once refused nine years before.
Powers @N.Azid • April 10
- Children of Poseidon can fire a powerful blast of water from their hands, equivalent to that of a fire hose, which evaporates after a short time.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to conjure and freeze small amounts of water into durable ice weapons, which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. They can also make small non-combative objects out of ice.
- Children of Poseidon can create an area around themselves that inflicts others with intense seasickness, making them dizzy and nauseous for as long as they remain inside. The user must keep their focus on maintaining the effect for the duration.
- Children of Poseidon can turn their body to water for a very short time, letting an attack pass harmlessly through them. This can cause extreme dehydration with repeated use.
- Children of Poseidon can breathe, are swifter and more powerful, and can heal slightly faster while underwater.
- Children of Poseidon can keep themselves and everything they touch dry in the water, unless they choose to become wet.
- Children of Poseidon can survive falling from any altitude as long as they land in water, and can go as deep into the ocean as they desire without any effects from the cold or water pressure.
- Children of Poseidon can communicate with and command equestrian animals, as well as all creatures that dwell in the sea.
- Children of Poseidon are innately less inhibited by severe wind and precipitation.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to create minor earthquakes, large enough to knock anyone nearby off their feet, for a few seconds.
- Children of Poseidon are able to telekinetically move water at a high rate. The larger amount of water used, the more energy it drains. This can be used on ice, but is much more difficult and draining.
- Children of Poseidon are are able summon a specific horse, pegasus, or sea creature directly to their position, regardless of distance. This only works on creatures that they have a strong personal bond with.
- Children of Poseidon can calm, strengthen or influence the direction of the winds, though to a much lesser extent than children of Zeus or the anemoi.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to create a torrential rainstorm overhead, which will downpour and cause high winds over a large area. The storm will gradually clear over time, and afterward the user would be substantially drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon are able to shape a semi-living construct out of water, no larger than 3 to 4 times the size of the user, that fights for them for a short time. The user is weakened while the construct is active, and the longer they maintain the it, the more energy it drains.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon are able to transform their bodies into a state of pure water for a short time, becoming immune to most attacks. The hydrokinetic abilities they already possess are enhanced by this state, and they are capable of covering great distances in an instant while underwater. The user will be extremely drained once the transformation ends, and could possibly faint.
- Children of Poseidon always know their exact coordinates when in water and are able to innately feel the difference between freshwater and saltwater.
- Children of Poseidon normally have a love for water, and generally excel at water sports.
- Children of Poseidon tend to be favored by animals of the sea.
- Children of Poseidon often have a natural affinity for horses and many grow up to become equestrians.
Relationships @N.Azid • April 10
Custom Trivia @N.Azid • April 10
Oliver C. @rolliecoly