Patroclus 'Rocky' Forrester
Son of Dionysus • Life Of The Party • Rebellious Reveller 🍇
Red cups and sweaty bodies everywhere. Hands in the air like we don't care. Camp Half-Blood Joined January 2017 694Following 14.5KFollowers
History @rockydmonkey • Jan 2017
Allison Forrester, as intelligent as she was beautiful, was a clear-sighted mortal that captured the heart of the wine god Dionysus. A prodigy in archaeology, she decided to bring her talent from her homeland of America, to the Hellenic country of Greece, and worked as a mythology expert for a museum in Athens. Her experiences with her clear sight has led her to have a distinct fascination with the ancient lores of Greece, and the world where the gods live in, and in a way, this is also what attracted an Olympian to her. Not too long after she had moved from across the Atlantic, the god Dionysus appeared before her, as a seemingly faultless museum visitor who asked her on a date just after their first conversation with each other. Charmed, Allison agreed, and the rest was history.
As someone who was gifted with the sight, it was easier for Allison to believe and accept the truth the Dionysus had presented her — that he truly was a divine being, and that he had to leave. Compared to other mortal parents, Allison was well-prepared, and she knew what to do, and where to bring her son when the time came. As a parting gift, Dionysus left her a map that would lead them to Camp Half-Blood, a drachma and instructions on how to summon the Chariot of Damnation (aka the Gray Sisters’ Taxi), as well as a celestial bronze sword, for protection, all of which were stowed in a chest hidden underneath Allison’s bed. After nine months since their first meeting, she gave birth to a healthy baby boy, a bundle of joy that she would call Patroclus, named after one of her favorite characters from the Iliad. A month after that, she moved back to America, figuring it would be easier to raise her son there, in New York City rather than in a foregin country, and in closer proximity to Camp.
Growing up, Rocky — as he insisted to be called — had a great childhood, mostly because his mother did her best to support him in any way that she can. She had the same job from before, but in a different museum, this time somewhere in Manhattan, and she made just enough money to pay out all their finances and live comfortably. She also did extensive research about monsters that could possibly start attacking her son, and kept the celestial bronze sword close to her at all times, just in case. As for Rocky, he went to a regular public school, made lots of friends, and was, for the most part, unaware of his true heritage as a demigod. It did help him enjoy his early life though, as he grew up to be a very vivacious and lively young man.
His first monster attack came when he was 12, in the middle of a hot summer night. It was a harpy that broke through Rocky’s bedroom window. Shocked, the young boy fled to his mother’s bedroom, who used the celestial bronze sword to slay the monster, who, for the most part, had a hard time moving through the narrow hallways of the low-ceilinged apartment. Allison, while not an expert at fighting monsters, did take some sword fighting lessons to prepare her for this exact moment. Aided by her clear sight, she was able to defend her son. But deep in her gut, she knew she cannot do it forever, and eventually, will have to deliver Rocky to Camp Half-Blood. And so, she told the young boy everything about his true heritage.
After learning about the mythological mess he was in, Rocky was still able to continue his life normally, for the most part. He inherited his mother’s love for the lores of Greece, and it wasn’t too hard for him to adjust. If anything, it made him more aware, and he did not let his guard down easily after that first attack, enabling him to feel more secure about himself, and thus, live life like how he originally planned to. As expected, he was able to finish middle school and the first three years of high school with only one other attack — a Hellhound that he managed to evade and lost in the dirty alleyways of the concrete jungle. It was a scary experience, no doubt, but as a healthy young man, he had fast reflexes and quick wits that allowed him to outrun and escape the single monster.
Rocky finished high school satisfactorily — he had lots of friends, he was popular, and he did pretty well academically. It was a mostly happy occasion, and his mother was so proud of him. Graduation Day, however, did not go as well as he pictured it in his mind. Attracted to the scent of a demigod, a Cyclops wreaked havoc in the middle of the ceremony. Having left the sword at home, Allison panicked, and quickly grabbed Rocky as they both fled from the scene. Always prepared, though, she had the drachma that Dionysus left her all those years ago, as well as the instructions that came with it. Together, they summoned the Gray Sisters’ Taxi and journeyed to Camp Half-Blood. The mother and son parted ways at the base of Half-Blood Hill — Allison confident that her son will do just fine, and Rocky excited for the things to come. His plans to go to college may have been dashed, but he’s always been an optimist, and he’s sure the new adventures that Camp has in store for him will be just as exciting.
Powers @rockydmonkey • Jan 2017
Powers of a Child of Dionysus:
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to force a state of mild drunkenness on another person for a short time. Depending on their mood, the state of mind they force can either be drunken ecstasy, drunken confusion, drunken frenzy, or drunken sadness.
- Children of Dionysus are able to manipulate wine into streams and use them for their will; this can appear in the form of one powerful direct stream that acts as a hose, or having multiple thin but powerful streams with the ability to make hairline cuts across a user’s body.
- Children of Dionysus can null the pain of any wound for a short time.
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to create a field of energy around them, anyone who steps through it will feel intense thought of madness and insanity. The opponent will be driven mad and completely forget about the battle or the user. This power is purely for defensive use, since the user cannot move while the field is in place.The longer the field is kept up, the more energy is drained. If an opponent already taken by the insanity attempt to attack the user, they will see horrible hallucinations which will make it even harder to attack. Once the field vanishes, the target immediately regains their sanity.
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to shift between states of drunkenness, to their choosing.
- Children of Dionysus can turn any beverage into wine and create small amounts of it out of nothing.
- Children of Dionysus emit an aura of drunkenness, people would at least feel slightly tipsy around them. It can be shut off for a long time if they please.
- Children of Dionysus can beckon any feline within a 50ft radius (15.25 meters) to their need, however, the more felines they call, the more impossible it is to give them commands/ command them.
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to create thick ropes of grape vines which can be used for a multitude of purposes. The user may telekinetically control the vines.
- Children of Dionysus can enhance themselves through wine consumption. This can help them quickly heal minor wounds, sharpen their senses or focus, or increase their stamina; however if they consume too much wine, the user may become unpredictable.
- Children of Dionysus can cause someone to hallucinate things that aren't really there, the longer they maintain the hallucinogenic state the more energy it drains.
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to create a wine variant with the ability of weakening someone’s immune system and giving them symptoms similar to food poisoning (ie; weak limbs, vomiting, cramping, nausea, diarrhea.)
3 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Dionysus are able to turn into a predatory cat for a short time. Such as lions, cheetahs, leopards or panthers. They can turn into either a full big cat or a humanoid cat form. In the human/big cat form, they are twice as fast and stronger than before. Their senses are also quite sharper as well. They also tend to be more violent and volatile in this state. Once the transformation ends, it’s hard for them to remember what it’s like to be human. They may continue to display cat behavior. Using the hybrid form is more draining rather than the full cat form.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Dionysus have the power to let off wine mist from their pores, allowing it to spread out up to a football field’s length. Those who inhale said mist can feel the symptoms of a hangover which are: muscle soreness, dehydration, dizziness, headaches, lightheadedness, vertigo, sweating, heartburn, nausea, sensitivity to lightness and sound, a faster heart rate, indigestion, and irritability. They themselves are immune to the effects of the mist, but no one else is (this includes allies). The larger the surface area the mist travels, the less potent it is. This means that at a football field’s length it only feels like a mild hangover, but concentrated in small areas, or small enclosed areas, it is a rather raging hangover. They do not have control over dispersing the mist, but it can be blown away using fans and airing.
9 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Dionysus have the ability to inspire maddening dedication and obsession from an enemy or ally, causing them to dedicate themselves to their cause. It can only be used on one person at a time, or five monsters at a time. The more sentient the creature, the harder it is to use (ie, manticores are more like people, same with empousa, so not as many can be controlled because of their higher sentience. It becomes more difficult per mind and per sentience of mind.) The longer the power is used, the more confused and unfocused the user gets, making it harder to use any powers. Side effects of this power on the those it is used on is blacking out during these moments, and forgetting they were in this state. If used too much, the user can be left unable to have the concentration to use any powers for a period of time.
- Children of Dionysus generally have a taste for alcohol and partying.
- As Dionysus is the patron of plays, playwrights and acting, his children often make good actors and playwrights.
- Children of Dionysus are typically fond of and are favored by predatory cats, nymphs and satyrs.
- Children of Dionysus tend to give into thoughts of madness and insanity.
- Children of Dionysus are prone to being unpredictable in the eyes of others.
- Children of Dionysus can immediately know the age, type, and quality of wine just by tasting it.
- Children of Dionysus can innately tell if wine grapes are good for harvesting.
- Children of Dionysus are popular among people, and can be prone to having stalkers or groupies.
Relationships @rockydmonkey • Jan 2017
Custom Trivia @rockydmonkey • Jan 2017
Jasper Reeves @jasper