Raymond Clark, or Ray as he prefers to be called has lived under his father's shadow his whole life. Despite the fact that many people already insist that Ray is already better than his old man, Ray feels he'll never be as good. That being said, he's got a very strong will to protect his mother and little sister and all the demigods he brings into camp. He's a very kind and caring individual and a hardcore people-pleaser. He hates fighting and tries to avoid it all costs, he'd love it if everyone got along and was happy. He absolutely hates to see people upset and will drop everything he's doing to comfort a random stranger, never expecting anything in return. He simply believes that we were all created or born for a reason and that his purpose is to help everyone to the best of his ability.
Just because Ray looks like a total dork that will do anything to help a stranger out, he can hold his own in a fight. Especially when those he cares about are threatened or in danger. He will not hesitate to pick up his celestial bronze coated club and beat some monsters over the head. Or traitorous demigods, he really hates them.
Ray is very protective of his friends and family, all the demigods in camp, the nymphs, other satyrs... anyone really. Ray feels a strong urge to protect and save them all and gets really hard on himself if any of them ever die or are hurt, even if there's nothing he could have done. He's definitely not above crying either.
Raymond is also a bit of a hopeless romantic. He really wants to find a nice nymph to settle down with and start a family of their own. Of course, he doubts that'll ever happen, because honestly who could ever love him? (In reality, it's very difficult to not love him). Raymond is a very cheesy romantic as well and uses all the stupid pick-up lines and compliments he can think of. You'd think he learned how to flirt by watching really cheesy romantic comedies. (He totally did. His little sister adores those. Ray secretly does as well).
Raymond Clark is the son of Donny Clark, a satyr, and Calla, a tree nymph for a rather robust maple. Donny was a protector for Camp Half-Blood and a very good one at that, and he came from a long line of protectors and noble satyrs. To say the least... Donny casts a rather large shadow over Raymond. Because of Donny's job, he wasn't around very much so Raymond basically grew up with only his mother for company. That was until Calla got pregnant again. Eventually, Calla gave birth a baby nymph, Raymond's younger sister. Raymond and his younger sister, Adriana were close as siblings could be. She was a tree nymph for an oak sapling, so she couldn't venture too far from the tree, but Raymond didn't mind stick close to her tree as well. He'd do anything for his baby sister.
Eventually, when Raymond was 18, Donny father took his son on one of his protector missions. Raymond, despite being very nervous actually did very well. Since he was closer in age to the kids, he connected with them easier than Donny did. The mission went off without a hitch, and they didn't encounter a single monster. Their ward did, as he ran into them after being attacked, but Donny and Raymond saw no combat.
Raymond and Donny did a couple more missions together before Donny told him that this mission would be their last one together before Raymond was by himself. Of course, that's when things went very, very wrong.
Their ward was attacked by a particularly vicious pack of hellhounds, and despite their best efforts, the kid's family was killed before they could arrive. They kept diving in front of him till he was the last one left. Raymond and Donny came to the rescue or they tried to... soon as they arrived Donny rushed to pull a hellhound off the boy when another came up behind Donny and bit into his shoulder removing him from the fight. The hellhound clawed his chest rather viciously for good measure.
Raymond, who was now seeing red drew his celestial bronze plated club and went to work. He was merciless with those hellhounds and left none alive. At this point, Donny was very weak and on the brink of death. Raymond gave the ward, the briefest rundown on what was going on ever and gathered his father into his arms. Luckily, the boy lived in the middle of the woods so Raymond found the first tree nymph he could find and asked her if she knew any healing nymphs or spirits. She said she did, and she could clearly see why Raymond needed one.
The tree nymph who was named Lydia summoned her friend, Anna, a healing spirit. Anna did all she could to help Donny, but she informed Raymond and the demigod that Donny was on his deathbed. She could keep him alive long enough for him to say his last words... but he couldn't be moved. Raymond nodded and bent down low to hear his father's words. "Raymond, I know I haven't told you this enough... but I'm proud of you kid. You're gonna be an even better protector than me. Watch over your mom and sister and tell them I'm sorry for not being there enough. Learn from my mistakes Ray... don't leave your family for your job." At this point, Anna passed out from exhaustion and Donny the satyr passed on and turned into a shrub.
But there was no break for Raymond, he needed to get this kid back to the camp safely. He bid Anna and Lydia farewell and went on his way back to Camp Half-Blood with the demigod. They were attacked a couple more times but it wasn't anything Raymond couldn't handle. They eventually arrived back at camp where Raymond informed Calla and Adriana. They were crushed of course, but they were also proud of Ray. Because he was now officially a full-bred protector.
- Satyrs can use nature magic to cause a living vine, no more than twice the size of the user, to sprout from the ground and lash out at nearby opponents. The vine will wither away after a short time.
- Satyrs are able to grant someone Satyr’s Sanctuary. While someone is blessed with Satyr's Sanctuary, nearby wild animals will be compelled to come to their aid. Animals will help the person according to whatever commands the satyr gave when they bestowed it. The blessing lasts a few hours. A satyr can only have one Satyr's Sanctuary blessing given out at a time.
- Satyrs possess an innate ability to detect and distinguish the unique "scents" given off by demigods, monsters, spirits, and other sources of mythic power.
- Satyrs naturally form empathy links with people they are familiar with; this manifests as an intuition for others' emotions, sensing when they are in danger, knowing vaguely where they are, etc., even over great distances. This is unreliable and hard to do on command, but gets clearer and easier as their bond with a person grows. They can communicate telepathically through particularly strong empathy links.
- Satyrs are able to channel their nature magic through a vessel, such as a pan flute. Their nature magic is significantly more powerful and less draining when doing so. Satyrs’ magic is otherwise much weaker than demigods’ powers when not channeled, however.
- Satyrs are able to communicate with animals.
- Satyrs can use nature magic to quickly heal minor wounds, or slowly heal major, but not fatal, wounds.
- Satyrs can use nature magic to invigorate plants, making them grow rapidly. They can control how the plants grow, such as having a cluster of flowers grow around an opponent's legs to entangle them, or making roots grow into a protective dome, but plants grown in this manner will wither back to a natural shape afterward. The more control they exert, the more they are drained.
- They enjoy eating recyclable material (tin, aluminium, plastic, etc.) and wood and grass.
- Satyrs biologically age roughly around half the rate as humans and do not perish of natural causes. When they die, they are reincarnated as plants, trees or flowers.
- Satyrs have extraordinary hearing and scent on par with that of most forest creatures.
- Satyrs’ caprine lower halves are generally very powerful, allowing them to jump and climb greater distances with ease.
||He looked up to his old man so much and he misses him every single day. He only hopes he can be half the satyr Donny was
||He loves his mom so much, and he wants to protect her and Adriana the way Donny did
||He loves his sister so much and as with his mother, he wants to protect her and keep her safe