|Aria Shen ~ Head Counselor of Astraeus|
"Set your course by the stars, not by the light of every passing ship."
|I'm still not used to this word bubble...|
|Owned by: Nata ~ Posted on: 19:48, February 4, 2018 (UTC)|
- Bernard: The bear nymph and his best friend were walking back from town, arguing heatedly but amicably about the stock market crash that had happened earlier in the day. The conversation quickly devolved into a petty debate over the best pizza toppings for a Super Bowl party. "Pineapple brings a nice taste of tropical weather to keep us warm during this chilly time of year. What's not to like?"
- Dume: "Pineapple is a disgusting abomination and should never be eaten near tomatoes or cheese or bread, you monster," Dume said with no real anger behind his words. He had had this discussion with Bernard at least a dozen times before. "Buffalo chicken is an objectively better topping for the Super Bowl. Meaty, spicy, and delicious, unlike that fruity monstrosity you call pineapple pizza."
- Peter: Peter was in town, picking up some lunch for his friend and him. After grabbing two cups of coffee and some sandwiches, he walked outside. Hearing their debate about the superior toppings on pizza he said, "Personally, I love a classic pepperoni."
- Bernard: "Pepperoni's alright, but it's just so commonplace," Bernard complained, dramatically throwing his hands in the air as if to ask the gods why they allowed the world to have such bland taste in pizza. "For a Super Bowl party you should have something special, something you don't usually eat, and for that pineapple is a great choice! Pineapple--"
- Dume: "--is a terrible topping. Ignore him, he has no sense of taste," Dume interjected, nudging Bernard in the side to remind him to behave. "Pepperoni's fantastic. It's also meaty and somewhat spicy." He turned his attention to the new arrival, whom he greeted with a wave. "I'm Dume, and that heathen over there is my friend Bernard. You seem familiar, are you from Camp?"
- Peter: "Yeah nice to meet you, I'm Peter." He waved back to Dume. "Yeah I'm from Camp, just came to town to pick up some food."
- Bernard: "What's up, Peter?" the bear nymph nodded in acknowledgement. As an animal nymph, he could smell other types of nymphs, and Peter definitely seemed to be a fellow nymph of some sort. "Peter--buddy, friend, pal--you seem like a sensible guy. Wouldn't you say that pineapple is great on pizzas?" he cajoled, ignoring Dume's death glare.
- Dume: "For the love of the gods, stop dragging bystanders into our stupid arguments and talk about something normal for a change," Dume hissed, nudging Bernard harder in retaliation for his dumb antics. "It's winter, why can't you just hibernate for three months like bears are supposed to do and leave me alone?"
- Peter: He chuckled and shook his head like he didn't mind. Peter really liked the energy and friendship of the two animal nymphs and their excessive banter. "I don't mind, I think pineapple on pizza is kind of disgusting, but you can like whatever you like."
- Bernard: Bernard gasped as if he had been mortally wounded by Peter's words. (A small part of that gasp might have been in reaction to Dume elbowing him in the ribs, though.) "You make a fair point, Peter, but how could you betray me like this?" he asked, collapsing to the ground in mock sadness. Bernard didn't often have a chance to banter with someone other than Dume, so he gave this conversation his all.
- Dume: "You're a wise man, Peter," Dume acknowledged solemnly, ignoring Bernard's theatrics on the ground. Noticing the takeout bags in the hare nymph's hands, he asked "Are you stocking up on food for a Super Bowl party too?"
- Peter: "I'm so sorry Bernard, but I can't a live a lie." He said with fake tears sprouting from his eyes and clutched his heart dramatically. "No, I'm grabbing lunch for my friend and I. I already bought all of the essentials a week ago."
- Bernard: Laughing, Bernard rolled himself into a sitting position and raised a hand for Dume to help him up. He looked around for the grocery bags full of party supplies he and Dume had just bought, only to realize that they were nowhere in sight. "Um... Dume, speaking of the Super Bowl party, I think you might have left our bags back in town while we were getting lunch."
- Dume: Too caught up in their lighthearted argument, Dume had forgotten to bring their bags back. They were still sitting underneath the table at the cafe, but with brunch over, the cafe would be closing soon. He cursed under his breath. "Sorry, Bernard, we're going to have to run back to town before the cafe locks up." He turned to Peter, grabbing Bernard's arm and lifting him up as he spoke apologetically. "It was nice meeting you, Peter. I hope your opinion of us isn't irreversibly tarnished by this idiot," he pointed to Bernard, "being stupid and this idiot," he pointed at himself, "being forgetful."
- Peter: He laughed and waved goodbye to them, "Bye guys. Be sure to root for the patriots!"
- Bernard: "See ya, Peter!" the bear nymph waved with his free arm. "You can say that again; we're in New York, so they'll skin us alive if we don't root for the Patriots. Take care!"
- Dume: "That's the first sensible thing Bernard's said all day," Dume joked, getting in one last quip before he left. "See you around, Peter. You're welcome to join our party at the Sanctuary if you can put up with us for another few hours today." With that the bull nymph ran off back to town, the bear nymph closely following him. Their wisecracking continued into the distance until they disappeared from sight.
- Peter: "Really? That's great, I was planning on hanging around in a cabin to watch it." He shrugged and walked back to camp with his food.
RP Part 2
- Peter: He returned back to camp and went towards Astraeus' Cabin with the food in tow. He knocked on the door, waiting for his friend to come out.
- Aria: The head counselor of Astraeus heard a knock on the cabin door and ran down the Planetarium's steps to open it. "Come on in! What brings you to this cabin?" she asked with a smile.
- Peter: "Hey." He smiled at her and looked inside their cabin, trying to spot his friend. "I'm just dropping off some food for Fred."
- Aria: "Fred... I think he's out of the cabin on a snack run right now, but you're welcome to wait in the central area with us until he gets back! I make hot chocolate for the Planetarium's visitors during the winter months, so feel free to help yourself if you'd like some." Aria waved Peter in and directed him towards the sitting area. Comfy black couches lined the wall, and a low table held several mugs and an insulated pitcher of hot chocolate. The rest of the Planetarium was rather dimly lit, but a cluster of stars hovering above the table brightened up the sitting area. "I'm Aria, head counselor of this cabin. Nice to meet you!"
- Nata: I'm thinking one last post between Peter and the duo, then the duo will leave and we can timeskip to camp, where Peter meets Aria. Does that sound alright to you? :D
- Kane: yup!
- Nata: Is Aria the friend Peter is talking about, or is he waiting for someone else? If she is, then what should the backstory for how they met be? Maybe he's been to the Planetarium before, or they met at the dining pavilion or something?
- Kane: A NPC is the friend
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.